Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Empire of man further books?

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
Empire of man further books?
Post by Michelle   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:14 am

Michelle
Midshipman

Does anyone know if there is ever going to be any further books in the series, I have read all four books twice now and still no sign of any other books, unless you call empire of man and throne of stars, which are just basically the four books rewritten into two. David Weber and John Ringo left the story open for further additions, however to date nothing materialised and the leg book, we few was written in 2005, surely they can see it's time for the next installment? :roll:
Re: Empire of man further books?
Post by lexisgrandpa   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 am

lexisgrandpa
Ensign

Book 5 has been underway for several years now. Ringo, has posted several sample chapters. The main delay was 'Failure to communicate.' Ringo sent a draft to Weber using an old email address and never followed up. If Weber was expecting it he never followed up with Ringo when it didn't show up. So, those of us who would love to see what happened are left high and dry.

If you look at the latest schedule of Weber work plan, it's not mentioned.
Re: Empire of man further books?
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:48 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain (Junior Grade)

lexisgrandpa wrote:Book 5 has been underway for several years now. Ringo, has posted several sample chapters. The main delay was 'Failure to communicate.' Ringo sent a draft to Weber using an old email address and never followed up. If Weber was expecting it he never followed up with Ringo when it didn't show up. So, those of us who would love to see what happened are left high and dry.

If you look at the latest schedule of Weber work plan, it's not mentioned.

IIRC, after the failure to communicate was resolved, Ringo and Weber discovered that they had completely different ideas on what Roger's role would be in book 5.

I stated years ago that I expected him to be stuck in meetings on Earth (big messes to clean up) while the naval officers who were introduced in _We Few_ will have all the fun. At least, that is my opinion on what he should be doing.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)

Return to Empire of Man