Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests

Collin's assassination list

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Collin's assassination list
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:22 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ThinksMarkedly wrote:
cthia wrote:Grayson has a huge number of immigrants? Well of course they have. But I never gave it any thought. Dunno why I was thinking defectors are the only ones. Plus there is movement within the Steadings to Honor's Steadings. But Skydomes would have been the wind beneath a lot of people flying in to the system to learn the trade. Duh. But, would those positions be close enough to the government to be productive as spies? They could certainly steal Skydomes' trade secrets.

Work your way up, cultivate assets. You don't need the agent to be the decision-maker. If you can get him/her close enough to those who are, you're set. Take the case of Caswell Gweon: he was planted in the SLN way ahead of time. Through careful use of his actual competence, use of inside information that others don't have, and a certain amount of assassination, he became Fleet Admiral Kingsford's analyst. He was in a position to make sure Operation Fabius would be launched.

The rest is just use of money. The PRH did plenty of that.

The fact that the PRH itself was infiltrated by Mesan agents is probably not a coincidence.

I understand your logic and it certainly makes sense. I'm just not so sure there aren't going to be stalls and pitfalls on a planet like Grayson.

For one, I think the mole's advancement will be hindered by his status as a heretic. Tester will not allow the placement of heretics in high positions. Even Honor had to study voraciously to be effective. She recognized that need. Alfredo and company are probably being shanghaied within the church as well. If a mole is willing to go the nine, then perhaps it is possible. But if he goes the nine, Tester and his teachings may overcome him. The Holy Spirit is more powerful than all programming.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shouldn't there have been a cull list as well? Will Colin be responsible for that list too? Wasn't it the Bardasano genome that almost made that list?

At any rate, can you imagine getting a misappropriated email finding your name on a hit list! Can you imagine being in the Inner Onion and finding out someone you respected being on either list? Like Simoes' handler kept warning him.

I've said it fifty-leven times, I cannot imagine there isn't another list of people who would defect and throw the Alignment under the nearest bus if given the chance, thus, someone from this list is where the Ghost Hunters will hit pay dirt.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:33 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Shouldn't there have been a cull list as well? Will Colin be responsible for that list too? Wasn't it the Bardasano genome that almost made that list?

At any rate, can you imagine getting a misappropriated email finding your name on a hit list! Can you imagine being in the Inner Onion and finding out someone you respected being on either list? Like Simoes' handler kept warning him.

I've said it fifty-leven times, I cannot imagine there isn't another list of people who would defect and throw the Alignment under the nearest bus if given the chance, thus, someone from this list is where the Ghost Hunters will hit pay dirt.

Presumably all those in such a list were already thrown under the metaphorical bus, in the form of being present during the explosions for Opereation Houdini and the Final Flourish.

Return to Honorverse