Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history novel.
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1549
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Theemile wrote:These guys are supposed to be historians? An anthropologist will tell you that humans have died in joblots historically because of 3 things:

1) Plague
2) Famine
3) Predators

You just watch the Fox/Rabbit cycle. When conditions are favorible, rabbits breed. and breed and breed until the food runs out, then rabbits starve. Usually the Foxes are attracted to massive piles of bunnies in one place and prune their #s back, before the famine, but not always. And if the food runs out, bunny populations nosedive. Foxes, of course over breed while the bunnies last, then die out and starve as there are too many foxes..

Unfortunately, Humanity is BOTH the bunnies and the foxes in our version of the cycle. humans breed and breed until the food runs out, then humans grab sticks and kill their fellow man for his food.

So we're going to take away disease, without giving education and technology. Remember Africa in the 70s and 80s? Out of control populations followed by overfarming, famine and warlordism - but on a global scale.

LOVELY...



Exactly!
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

Theemile wrote:These guys are supposed to be historians? An anthropologist will tell you that humans have died in joblots historically because of 3 things:


Keywords are "supposed to be". But again, implausible scenario. Especially AFTER they understood that, I quote:
Time travel wasn't consequence free and certainly wasn't safe.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:11 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am
Location: South Carolina

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Theemile wrote:These guys are supposed to be historians? An anthropologist will tell you that humans have died in joblots historically because of 3 things:

1) Plague
2) Famine
3) Predators

You just watch the Fox/Rabbit cycle. When conditions are favorible, rabbits breed. and breed and breed until the food runs out, then rabbits starve. Usually the Foxes are attracted to massive piles of bunnies in one place and prune their #s back, before the famine, but not always. And if the food runs out, bunny populations nosedive. Foxes, of course over breed while the bunnies last, then die out and starve as there are too many foxes..

Unfortunately, Humanity is BOTH the bunnies and the foxes in our version of the cycle. humans breed and breed until the food runs out, then humans grab sticks and kill their fellow man for his food.

So we're going to take away disease, without giving education and technology. Remember Africa in the 70s and 80s? Out of control populations followed by overfarming, famine and warlordism - but on a global scale.

LOVELY...



Exactly!


You guys are assuming facts not in evidence here. I mean, of course they're going to screw up, but they really aren't as ignorant of or blind to some of the other consequences you're talking about here.


"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by Fireflair   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:23 pm

We KNOW you, oh MWW. And we expect that Lucius is taking advantage of her good intentions and her genuine desire to do good in an effort to further his own interests.

We also expect things to go catastrophically wrong because: A - Plot. B - It's inherent in screwing with time. C - It's you!

I would have hoped for better from the good Samuel, but I suppose he can't help himself. I would have expected that Teodora would understand the ramifications but she appears to be too blinded by her desire to clear the blood from her ledger to realize the very BAD THING (tm) that she's about to enter into.
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:03 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1549
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

runsforcelery wrote:


You guys are assuming facts not in evidence here. I mean, of course they're going to screw up, but they really aren't as ignorant of or blind to some of the other consequences you're talking about here.



If they innoculate people to eliminate plagues, will humanity be motivated to develop medical science?
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by Dilandu   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:31 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2065
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

TFLYTSNBN wrote:If they innoculate people to eliminate plagues, will humanity be motivated to develop medical science?


Of course much less than in our history.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:57 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1549
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Theemile wrote:These guys are supposed to be historians? An anthropologist will tell you that humans have died in joblots historically because of 3 things:

1) Plague
2) Famine
3) Predators

You just watch the Fox/Rabbit cycle. When conditions are favorible, rabbits breed. and breed and breed until the food runs out, then rabbits starve. Usually the Foxes are attracted to massive piles of bunnies in one place and prune their #s back, before the famine, but not always. And if the food runs out, bunny populations nosedive. Foxes, of course over breed while the bunnies last, then die out and starve as there are too many foxes..

Unfortunately, Humanity is BOTH the bunnies and the foxes in our version of the cycle. humans breed and breed until the food runs out, then humans grab sticks and kill their fellow man for his food.

So we're going to take away disease, without giving education and technology. Remember Africa in the 70s and 80s? Out of control populations followed by overfarming, famine and warlordism - but on a global scale.

LOVELY...


Another control on overpopulation is for TFLYTSNBN to go on one of his infamouse "sage rat" hunting expeditions. Unlike a former Chief of the Portland Police Bureau who shot his drinking/hunting buddy in the back, TFLYTSNBN understands that guns and booze dont mix. TFLYTSNBN also believes that .223 / 5.56 mm is the minimal caliber for honing long range rifle marksmanship skills. A scoped, Colt AR-15 Delta H-BAR is perfect. TFLYTSNBN will of course be obliged to shift to .270 after all rodents within 300 yards have been eradicated. TFLYTSNBN has also been known to shift to .50 BMG just for shits and giggles.

Lucius Gwon is akin to TFLYTSNBN except that he hunts humans rather than rodents for amusement. (Caveat, during Hillary Clinton's Arab Spring uprising, TFLYTSNBN was sorely tempted to pack up his .50 BMG rifles plus .30 caliber backup and about 10,000 rounds of ammo to go on safari in Libya. For the right price, TFLYTSNBN was willing to take a position on the Lybian Coastal Highway between Tripoli and Benghazi to engage all of mujahideen in their silly Toyota Quad Cab Taliban "Technicals". The Arab Spring would have been reduced to a red stain on the coastal highway.) Lucius Gwon is going to exploit the consequences of eliminating the plague to do some evil things to control human population. The carnage will be epic.

BTW, the home owner that was shot by a trigger happy deputy in Greenville North Carolina was not David Weber although he looks a lot like him. If you view the video, you will notice an exit wound in the guy's back. Me thinks the trigger happy Deputy was armed with a 10mm.
Top
Re: Valkyrie protocol Snippet #3
Post by GregD   » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 am

GregD
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:29 am

runsforcelery wrote:You guys are assuming facts not in evidence here. I mean, of course they're going to screw up, but they really aren't as ignorant of or blind to some of the other consequences you're talking about here.


Well, my memory of history is that the Black Death was a huge win for the West. Which these people seem to have totally missed
Top

Return to The Gordian Protocol