Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jchilds and 1 guest

Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:07 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Sooo... Trump just said he would shield Kim Jong Un from CIA intelligence gathering efforts, while gushing about how his dictator boy crush wrote him a "very warm very nice letter" and STILL continuing to ignore the North Korean missile tests.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1TC256

We will now watch all the so called strong on national security US conservatives make excuses or completely ignore this.
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -to-see-me

President Trump on Friday boasted about his friendly relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, arguing it is a positive development for foreign policy efforts.

"You have a man that was so happy to see me. That’s a good thing, not a bad thing," Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for fundraisers in Ohio and Wisconsin.

"You have a man that doesn’t smile a lot, but when he saw me, he smiled. He was happy,"


Trump 2020 - "America's Enemies Smile When They See Me Coming!"
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:58 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Gromeau, tell me how you would fix the situation?

Can't Nuke North Korea because China would prevent that with Good reason.

Can't invade them because the US would tick off China and Russia.

So, how would Gcomeau fix the problem?
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Daryl   » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:05 pm

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2879
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I doubt that the situation is fixable, however in the meantime we (the west) shouldn't be speaking of Kim and his regime as if they are normal good guys. It will embolden them, and not discourage their medieval behavior.

smr wrote:Gromeau, tell me how you would fix the situation?

Can't Nuke North Korea because China would prevent that with Good reason.

Can't invade them because the US would tick off China and Russia.

So, how would Gcomeau fix the problem?
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:36 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Just to be clear, these glowing words of high praise for the beautiful vision a homicidal genocidal dictator has for his country are being spoken by the president of the United States IN REAL LIFE:

Trump wrote:Chairman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country, and only the United States, with me as President, can make that vision come true. He will do the right thing because he is far too smart not to, and he does not want to disappoint his friend, President Trump!


https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2228366336

That was immediately following him making excuses for Kim violating UN bans on his missile tests.

And all Kim needed to get it was some ego stroking and a few novelty letter envelopes. Because Trump is THAT easily manipulated if you have no shame and no principles.
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

gcomeau wrote:Just to be clear, these glowing words of high praise for the beautiful vision a homicidal genocidal dictator has for his country are being spoken by the president of the United States IN REAL LIFE:


Er, who exactly Kim genocided?
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:31 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Just to be clear, these glowing words of high praise for the beautiful vision a homicidal genocidal dictator has for his country are being spoken by the president of the United States IN REAL LIFE:


Er, who exactly Kim genocided?


Errr, genocidAL requires that you have a demonstrated desire to exterminate large groups of people. Not that you have succeeded in doing so.

Of course his body count is VERY high so you are quibbling over freaking semantics instead of dealing with the salient point that he's a fucking goddamn dictatorial murdering monster and the US president is praising his vision for his country and labeling him a friend.

But by all means, let's parse the fine points of exactly where the dividing line between "mass murdering psychopath" and "genocidal psychopath" should be properly drawn. Because clearly THAT is what is important in this situation.
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Dilandu   » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

gcomeau wrote:
Of course his body count is VERY high


Could you please give some numbers? For example, US-backed war in Yemen led to about a hundred thousand peoples being killed, and as many dying from starvation. Iraq war cost more than four hundred thousand lives. Did it count as enough to declare Bush & Obama a "genocidal psychopaths"? The desire to to exterminate large groups of people clearly demonstrated.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:41 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
Of course his body count is VERY high


Could you please give some numbers? For example, US-backed war in Yemen led to about a hundred thousand peoples being killed, and as many dying from starvation. Iraq war cost more than four hundred thousand lives. Did it count as enough to declare Bush & Obama a "genocidal psychopaths"? The desire to to exterminate large groups of people clearly demonstrated.


While we could have a debate about the difference between dictators targeting, terrorizing and murdering their own citizens en masse to maintain their reigns of terror and collateral casualties in wars fought between nations I think we can save that for another thread because you know damn well it's different and are simply engaging in bullshit whataboutism.
Top
Re: Can we talk about Trump's Dictator/Strongman problem?
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

Posts: 2043
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 12:44 pm
Location: Russia

gcomeau wrote:While we could have a debate about the difference between dictators targeting, terrorizing and murdering their own citizens en masse to maintain their reigns of terror and collateral casualties in wars fought between nations I think we can save that for another thread because you know damn well it's different and are simply engaging in bullshit whataboutism.


Exactly how many peoples killed Kim? At least an order of magnitude.
------------------------------

- Who would won in battle between strawman Liberal-Democrat and strawman Conservative-Republican?
- Scarecrow from Oz; he was strawman before it became political.

P.S. - And he have Russian twin, to watch his back)
Top

Return to Politics