Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by The E   » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:48 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2438
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:Time to outlaw shadow banning.


And as luck would have it, here's a prime example of conservatives and MAGA types being very angry at technology that they do not understand.

Image

Now, on the face of it, this seems like some of that evil shadowbanning stuff, right? An upstanding [s]neonazi[/s]important conservative voice being SILENCED by LIBERAL SNOWFLAKES.

Except.

Except.

That Twitter does not work that way. What is happening here is a result of viewing a tweet using an account that has Twitters' content filtering enabled (which, to be clear, doesn't actually remove anything; all it does is hide potentially bad stuff behind a click-wrapper so that you only get to see the tweet content if you take affirmative action to do so.

That's some "liberal bias", am I right?
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by smr   » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:56 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

TheE says:
Wants an autocratic government? Check.
Wants an increase in government power? Check.
Wishes for a strong leader to use the above to make changes? Check.

Really not putting the assumption that you're a fascist to bed here, are you.


When you attack people in your posts they tend to ignore what you say no matter who elequently said what and what logic is used. Learn to state the posts in logic and don't attack the poster.

Proverbs 13
1 A wise son heeds his father’s instruction,
but a mocker does not respond to rebukes.

2 From the fruit of their lips people enjoy good things,
but the unfaithful have an appetite for violence.

3 Those who guard their lips preserve their lives,
but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.

4
A sluggard’s appetite is never filled,
but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

5
The righteous hate what is false,
but the wicked make themselves a stench
and bring shame on themselves.

6
Righteousness guards the person of integrity,
but wickedness overthrows the sinner.

7
One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing;
another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.

8
A person’s riches may ransom their life,
but the poor cannot respond to threatening rebukes.

9
The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.

10
Where there is strife, there is pride,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

11
Dishonest money dwindles away,
but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.

12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

13
Whoever scorns instruction will pay for it,
but whoever respects a command is rewarded.

14
The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
turning a person from the snares of death.

15
Good judgment wins favor,
but the way of the unfaithful leads to their destruction.[a]

16
All who are prudent act with[b] knowledge,
but fools expose their folly.

17
A wicked messenger falls into trouble,
but a trustworthy envoy brings healing.

18
Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame,
but whoever heeds correction is honored.

19
A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul,
but fools detest turning from evil.

20
Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm.

21
Trouble pursues the sinner,
but the righteous are rewarded with good things.

22
A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children,
but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.

23
An unplowed field produces food for the poor,
but injustice sweeps it away.

24
Whoever spares the rod hates their children,
but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

25
The righteous eat to their hearts’ content,
but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by The E   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2438
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:When you attack people in your posts they tend to ignore what you say no matter who elequently said what and what logic is used. Learn to state the posts in logic and don't attack the poster.


Two things about that: One, the fact that you are not ignoring what I'm saying is funny. Two, you daring to lecture anyone on debate etiquette is even funnier.

You see, smr, I will always be the slightly rude guy who posts stuff based on his understanding of commonly known facts. You, on the other hand, will remain the guy who can't find sources for what he's saying, who is spouting falsehoods easily traceable to a limited number of sources known for their distortions of the truth, and, above all else, the guy who is too blind to see Trump for what he is. I will keep calling you a fascist footsoldier or a useful idiot for fascist causes because that's what your posting history reveals you to be.

Have you done your homework in that regard yet? Have you read at least Umberto Eco's essay on Ur-fascism? If so, I am looking forward to your reply in which you do the unthinkable and actually cite both that essay and commonly known truths to prove that Trump and, by extension, you as a Trump supporter, are not fascist. Good luck.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by dscott8   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:34 am

dscott8
Captain of the List

Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 am

smr wrote:TheE says:
Wants an autocratic government? Check.
Wants an increase in government power? Check.
Wishes for a strong leader to use the above to make changes? Check.

Really not putting the assumption that you're a fascist to bed here, are you.


When you attack people in your posts they tend to ignore what you say no matter who elequently said what and what logic is used. Learn to state the posts in logic and don't attack the poster.

Proverbs 13... <snip>


I find it amusing that you insist on logic, then immediately quote from an old book of folk tales that bears no relation to logic.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by smr   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:56 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Proverbs 13:16 would have been fine for most normal people but we are talking about theE.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by The E   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:26 pm

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2438
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:Proverbs 13:16 would have been fine for most normal people but we are talking about theE.


Fools expose their folly indeed.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2493
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

If we're going the proverbs route, here are some from the Shin'a'in.
Know where all the exits are.
Never sit with your back to the door.
Watch the reflections.
Watch the shadows.
Keep your hands free and your weapons loose.
Never sit down to eat with your sword at your side - strap it to your back for a faster draw.
Better an honest enemy than a feigned friend.
An enemy's nose is always keener than your own.
There is no such thing as coincidence, only mortals who have not fought the winds of fate.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by smr   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Those qoutes are keepers for when walking into the lion's den or a bear's cave.

Michael Everett wrote:If we're going the proverbs route, here are some from the Shin'a'in.
Know where all the exits are.
Never sit with your back to the door.
Watch the reflections.
Watch the shadows.
Keep your hands free and your weapons loose.
Never sit down to eat with your sword at your side - strap it to your back for a faster draw.
Better an honest enemy than a feigned friend.
An enemy's nose is always keener than your own.
There is no such thing as coincidence, only mortals who have not fought the winds of fate.
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

The E wrote:
smr wrote:Proverbs 13:16 would have been fine for most normal people but we are talking about theE.


Fools expose their folly indeed.
My thought exactly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:12 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPbO7CoBF8

Happens all the time on this forum.
Top

Return to Politics