Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Webcasting

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Webcasting
Post by RavenHawk   » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:37 am

RavenHawk
Midshipman

I've seen several references to having HBO or Showtime do Honorverse as a series, ala GoT, but what about Netflix or one of the other webcasters? Netflix has all the advantages of HBO, and few of the disadvantages (primarily the fee). Admitadly, it might be a good idea to wait and see how ST: Discovery does on CBS All Access, but just looking at what Netflix already has developed in house, I think they are a good alternative.
Re: Webcasting
Post by Phalanx   » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Phalanx
Commander

Netflix is for distribution, not Production. Actual Production is carried out by production companies which have distribution contracts with Netflix.

Take a close look at the credits of so-called "Netflix Original Series" and you will see that the Production is handled by a different company.

While I am not opposed to digital distribution, I am personally souring on the Netflix "binge" model, and prefer a model that allows individual episodes to be more enjoyed.

I think some of the shows that are released in this format could be improved by spacing out release of the episode.

There is something to be said for delayed gratification.
_

Return to Multimedia