Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

What will the next book be about

Fans of Colin Maclntyre and the great starship Dahak should take a minute to stop in here for discussions about one of David's best-loved series.
What will the next book be about
Post by FORSAKEN   » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:14 pm

FORSAKEN
Midshipman

Weber has been quoted as saying there is at least one more book in the Dahak series. What would everyone like to see it be about?
Personally I would like to see the original Nest killers show up and the humans would have to ally with thier former enemies to fight off this new invasion.
Re: What will the next book be about
Post by Bewildered   » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:06 am

Bewildered
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

It strikes me that the sequel will see Dahak and family chasing down the controlling culture. Maybe the nest killers/their artifacts will make a showing but chances are they are already dead. If 1 savage foe is lurking in the darkness then why not 2 or 3 or ... Perhaps it was the first contact, a little like the Kanga's in Apocalypse Troll except something different happened somewhere. I surmise a savage fight which required maximum efficiency to win eg "breeding" males only, and probably was fought at a planetary sterilisation level. No armies just ships. If AI's were relied upon to give an edge in combat strategy and tactics they might over time have assumed/been given control of a miltary government/economy. Of course I suppose it could just be something more like the matrix where AI's and sentients fought with AI's winning but in this case breeding sentient soldiers to crew ships. Though why not create AI's for ships ... Hm have to wait for the book/s I guess. We just don't know enough. An AI controlled race that only breeds males, has spaceships with adv. tech. but frozen research and sends fleets to search for sentient races and drops rocks on them where possible.

FORSAKEN wrote:Weber has been quoted as saying there is at least one more book in the Dahak series. What would everyone like to see it be about?
Personally I would like to see the original Nest killers show up and the humans would have to ally with thier former enemies to fight off this new invasion.
Post by Keymaster654   » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Keymaster654

I thought the original nest killers were humans??? or was that the fact that when the Brashiel (err its been a lonng while since i read the book so I forgot the name of the horse looking guys) came into human space they called it the demon sector because we are hard to kill? Anywho it would be interesting to see the original nest killers and/or to see other races that have pulled themselves up and have a bone to pick with the horse looking guys

Be gentle when you correct me on the names I have a touch of sometimers, and I don't have the book in front of me.

--Jon--

FORSAKEN wrote:Weber has been quoted as saying there is at least one more book in the Dahak series. What would everyone like to see it be about?
Post by Bwana   » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 am

Bwana
Midshipman

Forsaken has hit a bull’s-eye.
They'll have to defeat Brashiels' people without exterminating them. They will need allies to fight the real nest-killers.
Post by Keymaster654   » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 am

Keymaster654

OOOoOO wait I got another idea. I've heard discussion that Mr. Weber is more looking at writing Prequals to his stories, and while I think a Sequel with the original nest killers would be great, I think he would turn to looking at maybe the fall of the, what 5th Imperium I think? and see about events surrounding that maybe?

--Jon--
Post by Izzlyhauff   » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Izzlyhauff
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

One of the ways I think the distance between the home world's could be overcome is if some one discovered/found information that previous empire left concerning wormwholes. With this information maybe one could lead off in the direction of .......

Or.... how about something like this was setup and really far, far, away a portion of the previous empire lives on, but they have regressed or are fearfull of opening the wormwhole again?
Post by kalad919   » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:07 am

kalad919
Ensign

Honestly I would just as happy to see what happens after the kids got back home.
Post by Cojak   » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 am

Cojak
Midshipman

kalad919 wrote:Honestly I would just as happy to see what happens after the kids got back home.

I couldn't agree more :)

What's more, after finishing reading the third volume I was thinking: "and now what? Is it over? How wiil humankind use those about 500 years of peace? What solution will they find to remove the usurper ruler of the Achuultan?" and now maybe I will get answers, at least some of them ;)

This series looked for me like unfinished story.
Post by ceperkel   » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

ceperkel
Midshipman

Iam perfectly content to leave the specific topic of his next book to David Weber. The primary rule of good liteature, in any genre, is "leave the writing to the writer"! However, I would love to see the story continue where the third Dahak novel ends. I don't I do not have the Chutzpah to tell he author where to go freom that point on>
Post by kalad919   » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:50 am

kalad919
Ensign

ceperkel wrote:Iam perfectly content to leave the specific topic of his next book to David Weber. The primary rule of good liteature, in any genre, is "leave the writing to the writer"! However, I would love to see the story continue where the third Dahak novel ends. I don't I do not have the Chutzpah to tell he author where to go freom that point on>

I dont think anyone is realy telling him what to do, just dreaming about what they would like to read. It doesnt realy matter where he takes the series I will still buy it. But ill still dream my little dream hehe

Return to Dahak