Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Book 3?

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Book 3?
Post by RandomHeroGuy   » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:43 am

RandomHeroGuy
Midshipman

I assume David Weber has started writing the third book, but has this been confirmed? I cannot wait!
Re: Book 3?
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:47 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

RandomHeroGuy wrote:I assume David Weber has started writing the third book, but has this been confirmed? I cannot wait!

David has so much other projects on his table (Norfressa, Safehold, Multiverse, the both strings in the early Honorverse etc) - I doubt that he has the time for book 3 at the moment.
Mind, I hope he comes around to write it in the foreseeable future, too - but I wouldn't hold my breath in the meantime.
Post by ecortez   » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:35 pm

ecortez
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Eagleeye wrote:David has so much other projects on his table (Norfressa, Safehold, Multiverse, the both strings in the early Honorverse etc) - I doubt that he has the time for book 3 at the moment.
Mind, I hope he comes around to write it in the foreseeable future, too - but I wouldn't hold my breath in the meantime.

Does David intend to hand this series over to Chris Kennedy? Given the pace of the story it has the makings of a 5 or 6 book sequence (ending with book 3 would be artificially abrupt) and as you say he has a lot on his plate.
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:59 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

ecortez wrote:Does David intend to hand this series over to Chris Kennedy? Given the pace of the story it has the makings of a 5 or 6 book sequence (ending with book 3 would be artificially abrupt) and as you say he has a lot on his plate.

I think that's the point of doing it as collaboration. David would spend less time per book as the series progresses. I don't know how much each spent on the last one, but it surely does not feel like a Chris Kennedy book, so I suspect it was still heavy of David's hand.
Post by richardinor   » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm

richardinor
Commander

I saw a podcast where David Webber said that he plans on doing a third book. He said that from where he left off in Book 2, Book 3 would need to be done soon. How soon soon is, I don't know
Post by ThinksMarkedly   » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:59 pm

ThinksMarkedly
Fleet Admiral

richardinor wrote:I saw a podcast where David Webber said that he plans on doing a third book. He said that from where he left off in Book 2, Book 3 would need to be done soon. How soon soon is, I don't know

The problem is that all the other series also need another book soon... Honorverse mainline, Manticore Ascendant, the follow-up to The Governor, not to mention the three more books he's promised with Jacob in the Gordian universe.
Post by Charybdis   » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:40 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

MWW (Mad Wizard Weber) infuriates me with his skill, prolixity and his tendency to start new when old needs completion! Yes, I want an answer to "Hello Vlad, we need to talk" but I also want to know about Schuler's hologram, Honor's endgame and ...

Cripes, I even want a followup to "Ashes of Empire"! Oh, and another Prince Roger.

Discouraged am I as MWW is under medical arrest by family & friends! God Bless Him, but dang nab it ...!
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by bert953   » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:54 am

bert953
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Charybdis wrote:MWW (Mad Wizard Weber) infuriates me with his skill, prolixity and his tendency to start new when old needs completion! Yes, I want an answer to "Hello Vlad, we need to talk" but I also want to know about Schuler's hologram, Honor's endgame and ...

Cripes, I even want a followup to "Ashes of Empire"! Oh, and another Prince Roger.

Discouraged am I as MWW is under medical arrest by family & friends! God Bless Him, but dang nab it ...!

I hear you. I too would like to see some completed series as you described. Lets face it, we're all aging and l havent even seen any Weber podcasts in like 2 years so l have no idea what he's up to these days. Keep the faith.
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:26 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

There is a August 11th post on Weber's Facebook page saying that bk 3 just got turned in to Tor. The title is "To Challenge Heaven." Did not say when publication would be.
Post by richardinor   » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:31 am

richardinor
Commander

Cant wait for snippets.

Return to Out of the Dark