Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Free Short Story

Alicia DeVries and the Furies will make for an interesting way to start a conversation! Join us here to confer about "In Fury Born."
Free Short Story
Post by Lego2Gpa   » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Lego2Gpa
Ensign

I stumbled across "Of Shadows and Caves" at baen which is a short story of Silas getting some evidence of Rishathan support for the League. Ends with his connection to O'Hanraghty.
Pleasant, no grand news.

baen dot com / of-shadows-and-caves
Re: Free Short Story
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:02 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Lego2Gpa wrote:I stumbled across "Of Shadows and Caves" at baen which is a short story of Silas getting some evidence of Rishathan support for the League. Ends with his connection to O'Hanraghty.
Pleasant, no grand news.

There are references to this incident in _Governor_, in chapters 22 and 23.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Lego2Gpa wrote:I stumbled across "Of Shadows and Caves" at baen which is a short story of Silas getting some evidence of Rishathan support for the League. Ends with his connection to O'Hanraghty.
Pleasant, no grand news.

thanks for that!
Post by Mycall4me   » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:51 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

I also, heard of the story and wondered how to get it. It's apparently available in the baen's free stories (not sure which one exactly) but I would guess it's in the one from the year that "Governor" was released. Maybe the year before? But I also wrote a message to baen and was sent a link straight to the story, by the nice people there. So that is an option to take also. I LOVE the baen site and they have some cool people answering their mail also. Not to mention their e arcs

Return to Path of the Fury