Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:I seriously don't know where the idea the Boris Johnson is a member of the aristocracy comes from?

Simple. He's in charge, comfortable with flyaway hair, has the ability to pull an entire speech out of six words on a napkin (apocryphal but probably true story by a female columnist who attended a meal where they both did speeches) and, as stated above, has attended Eton.

While he's a prime example of "Upper Middle-class done good", he's also a Tory and thus according to his most vociferous critics, he has to be a "Damned Aristo" as nothing else fits into their worldview.

It will probably be claimed as being retroactively true since Boris is likely to be ennobled (once he leaves No 10) for seeing the UK through the Covid Crisis and taking the risks that led to the UK being one of the world-leaders in regards to Vaccine development and deployment.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:15 am

The E
Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:I seriously don't know where the idea the Boris Johnson is a member of the aristocracy comes from?

With the amount of favoritism he benefitted from purely as a function of having gone to the right schools and having made the right friends in the absence of any genuine ability in any of the positions he held, is it any wonder that people might confuse him for an aristocrat?
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:19 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

None of his ancestors had a title. His Grandfathers were a Russo-American Jewish academic and the son of a Turkish diplomat (Yes he has Jewish and Muslim ancestry)

His family is well off, but nothing near 1% wealthy.
Boris did go to Eton ... on a Scholarship!
(As did George Orwell, John Maynard Keynes and Aldous Huxley)

I never said that he was an aristocrat. I said he came from that mileau... 'those born to rule'

"The social environment, social context, sociocultural context or milieu refers to the immediate physical and social setting in which people live or in which something happens or develops. It includes the culture that the individual was educated or lives in, and the people and institutions with whom they interact."
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:50 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:

Simple. He's in charge, comfortable with flyaway hair, has the ability to pull an entire speech out of six words on a napkin (apocryphal but probably true story by a female columnist who attended a meal where they both did speeches) and, as stated above, has attended Eton.

While he's a prime example of "Upper Middle-class done good", he's also a Tory and thus according to his most vociferous critics, he has to be a "Damned Aristo" as nothing else fits into their worldview.

It will probably be claimed as being retroactively true since Boris is likely to be ennobled (once he leaves No 10) for seeing the UK through the Covid Crisis and taking the risks that led to the UK being one of the world-leaders in regards to Vaccine development and deployment.

I will give you that he made a very good choice on getting Kate Bingham to lead the vaccine procurement, and he was lucky that the NHS has significant experience of national vaccine campaigns.

That is not a magic cloak to cover the fact that he is entirely comfortable with:
lying - both personal and officially
cronyism
corruption
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:28 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

You lot pretend that there is no aristocracy? Look around you! Look at the Clintons, the Bidens, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, Newsom, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, the other ‘leaders’ and ‘magnates’ around the world and ask yourselves:

Are they rich, powerful, entitled and arrogant? Did they get that way by leveraging their political, social and family connections? Do they shower their cronies with fortunes in public tax money, and exchange ‘favors’? Do they hold themselves above ‘the common people’ whom they treat with contempt and disdain? Do they use the power of government against their personal and political enemies, with no legal justification? Do they, and their family members, commit crimes of corruption and depravity for which they are never held to account because of who they are, and who they know?

Does it really matter whether they have actual ‘patents of nobility’ or not?
———————————
Nobody has so little that some asshole doesn’t want to take it. And the government is full of assholes.
Post by Arol   » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Imaginos1892 wrote:You lot pretend that there is no aristocracy? Look around you! Look at the Clintons, the Bidens, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, Newsom, Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, the other ‘leaders’ and ‘magnates’ around the world and ask yourselves:

Are they rich, powerful, entitled and arrogant? Did they get that way by leveraging their political, social and family connections? Do they shower their cronies with fortunes in public tax money, and exchange ‘favors’? Do they hold themselves above ‘the common people’ whom they treat with contempt and disdain? Do they use the power of government against their personal and political enemies, with no legal justification? Do they, and their family members, commit crimes of corruption and depravity for which they are never held to account because of who they are, and who they know?

Does it really matter whether they have actual ‘patents of nobility’ or not?
———————————
Nobody has so little that some asshole doesn’t want to take it. And the government is full of assholes.

You seem to have forgotten the leading US “Royal Family”; The Trumps!!!! :o
If there is one family that has ties to almost every political criminal enterprise, it’s hard to imagine!
Do the names Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen, Roger Stone and Steve Bannon just to name a few of the many trusty liege soldiers of this “Royal Family” ring a bell!!! :twisted:
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I’ll tell you one difference. Jeffrey Epstein was permanently banned from all Trump properties for trying to molest a 14 year old girl at Mar A Lago. The Clintons socialized and traded ‘favors’ with that pervert for more than 30 years.

Oh, and Epstein did not commit suicide.
———————————
The Democrats trust criminals with guns more than they trust you.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I’ll tell you one difference. Jeffrey Epstein was permanently banned from all Trump properties for trying to molest a 14 year old girl at Mar A Lago. The Clintons socialized and traded ‘favors’ with that pervert for more than 30 years.

Oh, and Epstein did not commit suicide.
———————————
The Democrats trust criminals with guns more than they trust you.

I see you got your facts wrong. Both Trump and Clinton considered Epstein to be a friend in 2002 and most likely several years after that. Saying that the Clintons socialized and traded 'favors' with Epstein but not acknowledging that Trump did the same is the height of being disingenuous.

The whole "molesting an underage girl" isn't necessarily what sparked the banning and may well be a construction after the fact in an effort to shield Trump from his earlier association with Epstein. What may have sparked the banning is actually a real-estate affair where Trump and Epstein battled in bankruptcy-court over the sale of Abe Gosman's estate in Florida which coincided with the banning afterwards.

Oh, and Epstein did commit suicide. There's video footage of him trying to commit suicide a couple of weeks before he finally succeeded. There's video footage that proves that the guards on suicide watch never did any rounds at the time Epstein died. If Epstein already tried to commit suicide, why wouldn't he try again? Stop reading sites spreading conspiracy-theories.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:

SNIP

Journalist at press conference to Bozo.

“Do you agree with the Independent Office for Police Conduct,” Waugh said, “which in its review of your links with Jennifer Arcuri concluded, and I quote: ‘It would have been wise for Mr Johnson to include this as a conflict of interest and a failure to do so could have constituted a breach of the Nolan principles and those principle include acting with honesty and integrity.’ Do you believe you acted with honesty and integrity in your relationship with Jennifer Arcuri, who claims you conducted your affair in the marital home?”

Bozo "Yes"

Bozo, honesty and integrity do not meet unless purely by accident - like a stopped clock.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:30 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Riiiiight. All the guards 'just happened' to be not paying attention at the same time the security cameras had 'technical problems' AND Epstein decided to 'commit suicide' just then, instead of half an hour earlier or later.

That's at least one coincidence too many.
———————————
I used to live on a farm. I know what bullshit smells like.

Return to Politics