Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

So... now that Trump is removed...

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: So... now that Trump is removed...
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:I see that a bipartisan group in the Senate is working on a motion to censure Trump and bar him from office since we're never going to get the votes to convict him on the impeachment trial.

I think that would be satisfactory. The important thing would be to bar him from ever running for federal office ever again.

Don

-

I agree. That would be satisfactory. But the important thing is to send a message that NOBODY is above the law, democracy, or the country!

We failed to do our job and impeach him the first time. The Capitol riot and deaths is a result of that failure. We must not fail to put an end to the nonsense. Enough is enough.

Frankly, Donald Trump is guilty of multiple murders in my book. His lameass response to the pandemic, and inciting a riot against the country. Not to mention his lack of competency and empathy in the BLM. And to think he once accused NFL players of having a lack of patriotism for trying to save lives.

Hilary must be dancing and singing... "Lock him up!" The second stanza is "Throw away the key!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:31 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
n7axw wrote:I see that a bipartisan group in the Senate is working on a motion to censure Trump and bar him from office since we're never going to get the votes to convict him on the impeachment trial.

I think that would be satisfactory. The important thing would be to bar him from ever running for federal office ever again.

Don

-

I agree. That would be satisfactory. But the important thing is to send a message that NOBODY is above the law, democracy, or the country!

We failed to do our job and impeach him the first time. The Capitol riot and deaths is a result of that failure. We must not fail to put an end to the nonsense. Enough is enough.

Frankly, Donald Trump is guilty of multiple murders in my book. His lameass response to the pandemic, and inciting a riot against the country. Not to mention his lack of competency and empathy in the BLM. And to think he once accused NFL players of having a lack of patriotism for trying to save lives.

Hilary must be dancing and singing... "Lock him up!" The second stanza is "Throw away the key!"

It will be interesting to see how all this plays out in the courts. My guess is that on the federal level that the potato is too hot to touch politically. Our best chance of seeing Trump in jail is in New York with tax evasion and bank charges....We'll see.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:49 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Exactly Don! Which is kind of sad. Many officials are afraid of reprisals from the Trump camp and from Trump sympathizers. They fear idiots like those who stormed the Capitol chanting "Where is Nancy Pelosi?" Along with the ominous note left on Pence's desk. The Republicans are pathetic, unpatriotic spineless jellyfish.

But, it is time certain politicians earn their trust and lordly salaries. It is time they grow up and fulfill their jobs. They remind me of those soldiers who, once upon a time, joined the military in a time of peace simply for an easy paycheck and benefits, never anticipating a war. Well, there is a war raging against democracy now, and it is high time politicians shit or get off the pot.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:41 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Exactly Don! Which is kind of sad. Many officials are afraid of reprisals from the Trump camp and from Trump sympathizers. They fear idiots like those who stormed the Capitol chanting "Where is Nancy Pelosi?" Along with the ominous note left on Pence's desk. The Republicans are pathetic, unpatriotic spineless jellyfish.

But, it is time certain politicians earn their trust and lordly salaries. It is time they grow up and fulfill their jobs. They remind me of those soldiers who, once upon a time, joined the military in a time of peace simply for an easy paycheck and benefits, never anticipating a war. Well, there is a war raging against democracy now, and it is high time politicians shit or get off the pot.

Agreed, but not holding my breath.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics