Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by WeberFan   » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:18 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 374
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:12 am

David:

My heart goes out to you, Sharon, and the kids. I know hoe frightening this can be for all of you. My wife contracted COVID right after Thanksgiving (fortunately relatively mild symptoms), and I contracted it right after she did. But the weird thing was that I had absolutely NO symptoms at all. None. Nada. Zip. I didn't even know I had it until I got tested (but I already suspected a positive test result just because my wife had it and tested positive). Nonetheless, I'm praying for your health! My wife told me that she's still feeling lingering symptoms (from her initial MILD set) even a month afterward. So be very careful my friend! When you're out of the hospital, you're not out of the risk. Not for a long time afterward. It's gonna take time and patience.
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by MAD-4A   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:49 am

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 pm
Location: Texas

WeberFan wrote:David:

My heart goes out to you, Sharon, and the kids. I know hoe frightening this can be for all of you. My wife contracted COVID right after Thanksgiving (fortunately relatively mild symptoms), and I contracted it right after she did. But the weird thing was that I had absolutely NO symptoms at all. None. Nada. Zip. I didn't even know I had it until I got tested (but I already suspected a positive test result just because my wife had it and tested positive). Nonetheless, I'm praying for your health! My wife told me that she's still feeling lingering symptoms (from her initial MILD set) even a month afterward. So be very careful my friend! When you're out of the hospital, you're not out of the risk. Not for a long time afterward. It's gonna take time and patience.

My brother had what he thought was a minor sinus infection until his wife came down with it, and they both got tested positive. She is still having issues, and cancelled Christmas this year. It hits different people differently, which is part of what's so bad about it, there is likely thousands if not millions of "typhoid Maries" running around unaware. The symptoms are unpredictable and generally common to so many other things, you just cant take peoples temps or check for coughs etc... that tells you nothing one way or the other. I have a cough but have had it for a decade, not related.

Well I have not had regular internet since last year when the office closed the computer room, but now do, sorry to hear about this but very glad to hear they are doing better.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Erls   » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Erls
Commander

Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Any recent updates on how David is doing?
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Gigabob   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Gigabob
Midshipman

Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Glad to hear you and Sharon are recovering. Sad to hear you are not further along with "Into the Light" Sequel.

Having finished ITL, and seeing the pages quickly run out, my reaction on reaching the end was "You Bastard!". Hooked I am to see what happens with the OG/5th Race. Clear there was a falling out of some kind - but from whence it came remains the mystery. Did the Fifth outgrow the GH and decide to move on, removing the traces of their contacts? Was there a conflagration between the two and the "winning" GH expunged records so no one might be tempted to look for them. Or was it something more complicated? Looking at 10 Safehold tombs and over a dozen Honorverse - it seems the simple Mutineers Mooniverse is not in the offing.
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 13561
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I wish David didn't live in a state that didn't require masks.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:29 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1017
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Based on facebook, he and Sharon are home and doing ok.

Erls wrote:Any recent updates on how David is doing?
_____________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Relax   » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2881
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 pm

cthia wrote:I wish David didn't live in a state that didn't require masks.

Why? He lives in non authoritarian science based rational state. Masks don't do diddly against virus's.

If YOU want to mask up against bacterial infections... Ok, go for it. Do not spread your anti science Bull Shit my direction and mandate abject stupidity of me.

As for immune system... best "cure" is to lose weight and get light exercise.

Roughly 1/3 of everyone I know has had it. Probably means I have had Covid as well. Guess what? The only people who had even slight problems? All FAT out of shape old people. Probably means everyone else has had it as well.

It is interesting to note that causes of death due to lower "respiratory" which leads to death~200,000 each year have last year miraculously "dropped" at the half point of the year by over 60%..... Oh right, those are all Covid deaths now... Death due to flu has likewise dropped over 67%... I wonder what deaths due to heart disease have done... gone up by 25%... why? People afraid to seek treatment going to the Hospital when on average ~2500 people die each day due to heart problems... Or around 800,000 every year. Same is true for diabetes and stroke patients. Don't forget all the cancer patients(almost as many as heart) So, in short, do not forget the ~250,000 the Covid anti science hype/slander/propaganda have killed off prematurely.

Bad flu, yup. All that had to be said was, old, fat farts, quarantine yourself and go to your doctors appointment, everyone else, go back to work. The hype and anti science BS is what I can't stand as that is just as murderous irrespective of the destruction of everyone's life economically.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Donnachaidh   » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1017
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:11 pm

According to the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html?fbclid=IwAR28PppCa6x2uxwO8Z2baHM0KHS4JXx0inzzMQs3zRHV1qql_0a8mxZfpCw) masks do help limit spread.

Relax wrote:
cthia wrote:I wish David didn't live in a state that didn't require masks.

Why? He lives in non authoritarian science based rational state. Masks don't do diddly against virus's.

If YOU want to mask up against bacterial infections... Ok, go for it. Do not spread your anti science Bull Shit my direction and mandate abject stupidity of me.

As for immune system... best "cure" is to lose weight and get light exercise.

Roughly 1/3 of everyone I know has had it. Probably means I have had Covid as well. Guess what? The only people who had even slight problems? All FAT out of shape old people. Probably means everyone else has had it as well.

It is interesting to note that causes of death due to lower "respiratory" which leads to death~200,000 each year have last year miraculously "dropped" at the half point of the year by over 60%..... Oh right, those are all Covid deaths now... Death due to flu has likewise dropped over 67%... I wonder what deaths due to heart disease have done... gone up by 25%... why? People afraid to seek treatment going to the Hospital when on average ~2500 people die each day due to heart problems... Or around 800,000 every year. Same is true for diabetes and stroke patients. Don't forget all the cancer patients(almost as many as heart) So, in short, do not forget the ~250,000 the Covid anti science hype/slander/propaganda have killed off prematurely.

Bad flu, yup. All that had to be said was, old, fat farts, quarantine yourself and go to your doctors appointment, everyone else, go back to work. The hype and anti science BS is what I can't stand as that is just as murderous irrespective of the destruction of everyone's life economically.
_____________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:25 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

To quote an old saying, "Coughs and sneezes spread diseases".
Many diseases (oh, nowhere near the majority, but more than enough to be statistically significant) use exhaled water droplets as a transmission vector. Masks catch said water droplets and so they cannot vector.

Those who choose not to use masks are (unwittingly) stating that they are happy to put others at greater risk of infection.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that someone will eventually try to defend themselves from a case of assault by claiming self defense on the basis that the person they struck down was not wearing a mask and thus was indicating their desire to attack them with biological weaponry.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Top
Re: David status update (EDIT: Webers recovering from COVID)
Post by Joat42   » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:14 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1910
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:..snip..

We bow to your superior knowledge how diseases spread. I'll now stop listening to immunologists and health-professionals since you seem so much more knowledgeable than those who have worked in the field for decades.

Or perhaps, you don't actually know what you are talking about. You and your ilk is why so many people are dying, selfish assholes the lot of you because you think it's about you when it isn't, it's about everyone else.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top

Return to David's Dimension