Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Empire of man further books?

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
Empire of man further books?
Post by Michelle   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:14 am

Michelle
Midshipman

Does anyone know if there is ever going to be any further books in the series, I have read all four books twice now and still no sign of any other books, unless you call empire of man and throne of stars, which are just basically the four books rewritten into two. David Weber and John Ringo left the story open for further additions, however to date nothing materialised and the leg book, we few was written in 2005, surely they can see it's time for the next installment? :roll:
Re: Empire of man further books?
Post by lexisgrandpa   » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 pm

lexisgrandpa
Ensign

Book 5 has been underway for several years now. Ringo, has posted several sample chapters. The main delay was 'Failure to communicate.' Ringo sent a draft to Weber using an old email address and never followed up. If Weber was expecting it he never followed up with Ringo when it didn't show up. So, those of us who would love to see what happened are left high and dry.

If you look at the latest schedule of Weber work plan, it's not mentioned.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:48 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

lexisgrandpa wrote:Book 5 has been underway for several years now. Ringo, has posted several sample chapters. The main delay was 'Failure to communicate.' Ringo sent a draft to Weber using an old email address and never followed up. If Weber was expecting it he never followed up with Ringo when it didn't show up. So, those of us who would love to see what happened are left high and dry.

IIRC, after the failure to communicate was resolved, Ringo and Weber discovered that they had completely different ideas on what Roger's role would be in book 5.

I stated years ago that I expected him to be stuck in meetings on Earth (big messes to clean up) while the naval officers who were introduced in _We Few_ will have all the fun. At least, that is my opinion on what he should be doing.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by wrlee1966   » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:25 pm

wrlee1966
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

At this late date I am thinking David has to many irons in the fire. He just started the prequel to the fury universe, he has Manticore Acendent he has more books to do in the war god universe. He has more in Honorverse. He has more to write in safehold and I think there is 2 more series I am not remembering the names of. And I have not see or heard anything from John Ringo in a long time. Most of what he has done for awhile now seems to center on his black tide universe with him co writing a lot of it. He has a few series we want to see finished but have given up on seeing that as well.
Post by robinjamess   » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm

robinjamess
Midshipman

The Council Wars.
Empire of Man.
Legacy of the Aldenata. A Hymn Before Battle. Watch on the Rhine. Gust Front. When the Devil Dances. Hell's Faire. Yellow Eyes. The Tuloriad. Cally's War. Sister Time. Honor of the Clan. ...
Paladin of Shadows.
Troy Rising.
Voyage of the Space Bubble. Into the Looking Glass.
Black Tide Rising.

https://www.tcswebmail.info/https://www.dadeschools.one/https://www.upsers.fyi/
Post by buffalo24a   » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:23 pm

buffalo24a
Midshipman

Enjoyed reading this series. Unfortunately, it seems this story-line has ended. Don't see that either author has desires to continue the story of Prince Roger. Have no idea on where Mr. Ringo is going and what he is writing. He has some good series out there as well, but not as many as Mr. Weber. Another Multiverse or Janissaries would be good as well. We can only hope :)
Post by SelmaAdam   » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:57 am

SelmaAdam
Midshipman

It is really saddening that no further books have been published. I really enjoyed reading the book, please communicate if any is published.
Post by changestormer   » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 pm

changestormer
Midshipman

After multiple re-reads, over the years I've come to the conclusion that I'm okay with it as it is.

it's a fantastic story, well told. Anything written after what we have would per force be a different type of story.

The only thing I could maybe see would be throwing the milieu "open", allowing short stories, creative works, etc from others.

So...thanks.
Post by jontom   » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 am

jontom
Ensign

This matches what Weber told me when I asked him at a book signing. Ringo sees Roger getting into the thick of things (think Gustavus Adolphus) and Weber does not (emperors are not issued as skeet targets). Irreconcilable visions, so I don't expect we'll ever see a sequel.

Jon

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
lexisgrandpa wrote:Book 5 has been underway for several years now. Ringo, has posted several sample chapters. The main delay was 'Failure to communicate.' Ringo sent a draft to Weber using an old email address and never followed up. If Weber was expecting it he never followed up with Ringo when it didn't show up. So, those of us who would love to see what happened are left high and dry.

IIRC, after the failure to communicate was resolved, Ringo and Weber discovered that they had completely different ideas on what Roger's role would be in book 5.

I stated years ago that I expected him to be stuck in meetings on Earth (big messes to clean up) while the naval officers who were introduced in _We Few_ will have all the fun. At least, that is my opinion on what he should be doing.
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:06 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

jontom wrote:This matches what Weber told me when I asked him at a book signing. Ringo sees Roger getting into the thick of things (think Gustavus Adolphus) and Weber does not (emperors are not issued as skeet targets). Irreconcilable visions, so I don't expect we'll ever see a sequel.

Jon

Only way I see a sequel would be, if David would turn over the series completely to Ringo. But I've no clue how probable that solution would be. (Best guess? Not very, else it would've happen already - probably)

Return to Empire of Man