Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Relax wrote:Still waiting for you to name the tax subsidy = You can't.

I just did, Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017. Perhaps you don't know this, but tax subsidy is just a general term encompassing tax breaks, tax credits and other forms of tax benefits/incentives. Can you with a straight face say that the oil and gas industry don't receive any tax benefits at all?

Lets just list some that actually exists:
[list]
[*] Federal marginal well tax credit
[*] Federal enhanced oil recovery credit
[*] Texas margin tax exclusion & severance tax incentives
[*] California enhanced oil recovery credit
[*] Oklahoma gross production tax exemption
[*] North Dakota oil extraction tax rate reductions and incentives
[*] Louisiana severance tax reduction and incentives
[*] New Mexico severa

100% of those taxes are what kind of taxes?

Are they credits for profits? No.

100% are ALL, PRODUCTION taxes.

Can you read? Or choose to be act dumb and hope I am as dumb as you pretend to be?

Go for it, name one manufactured product that has production taxes... But in your world, it is okay to screw over Oil/Gas and pretend they are getting a subsidy...
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:57 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is that 42+/- years if we're lucky? If fracking doesn't fuck us first?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:54 am

Joat42
Admiral

Relax wrote:100% of those taxes are what kind of taxes?

Are they credits for profits? No.

100% are ALL, PRODUCTION taxes.

Can you read? Or choose to be act dumb and hope I am as dumb as you pretend to be?

Go for it, name one manufactured product that has production taxes... But in your world, it is okay to screw over Oil/Gas and pretend they are getting a subsidy...

This is what you said earlier:
Relax wrote:Coal/Gas get zero tax breaks, if they did, the whole greenie world would scream their names. They do not as they cannot do so as they do not exist. Wind Solar certainly get production tax incentives.

I just provided information that your statement is false. You on the other hand, have called people liars and being dumb in style that's one step from being called a childish tantrum. The one thing you haven't managed to do, is to present a factual rebuttal.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Odium   » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:06 am

Odium
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:Is that 42+/- years if we're lucky? If fracking doesn't fuck us first?

Well fracturing has been happening since the 1860’s. With hydraulic fracturing being used since the 1940’s. It’s only since the 90’s that the general public has noticed because of the vast increases in production that occurred when the technology was combined with horizontal directional drilling. If Fracturing was going to fuck us, it would have decades ago. Now if this technology https://aoghs.org/technology/project-gasbuggy/ had taken off, it would be a different story
Post by Relax   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:09 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Relax wrote:Coal/Gas get zero tax breaks, if they did, the whole greenie world would scream their names. They do not as they cannot do so as they do not exist. Wind Solar certainly get production tax incentives.

I just provided information that your statement is false. You on the other hand, have called people liars and being dumb in style that's one step from being called a childish tantrum. The one thing you haven't managed to do, is to present a factual rebuttal.

Do, you actually believe you are rational?

You just provided information which PROVED you were not only wrong, but oil/gas are PENALIZED compared to EVERYTHING else.

The equivalent would be taxing the wind/sun collection and pretending not taxing the wind/sun as much is a subsidy.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Joat42   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:55 am

Joat42
Admiral

Relax wrote:Do, you actually believe you are rational?

You just provided information which PROVED you were not only wrong, but oil/gas are PENALIZED compared to EVERYTHING else.

The equivalent would be taxing the wind/sun collection and pretending not taxing the wind/sun as much is a subsidy.

No, they aren't penalized. They pay their fair share, which would be higher without some of the tax benefits they get.
[quot="Relax"]Coal/Gas get zero tax breaks, if they did, the whole greenie world would scream their names. They do not as they cannot do so as they do not exist. Wind Solar certainly get production tax incentives.[/quote]
You statement above was what I proved wrong.

---

Post by Relax   » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:They pay their fair share, which would be higher without some of the tax benefits they get.

AH, you finally admitted it. It doesn't matter what the actual policy is. A tax threshold, that ONLY applies to O/G and nothing else is whatever you FEEL it is and if you FEEL it should be higher, then it is a ***subsidy***

You wack nuts against O/G are all the same.

Facts do not matter, your feelings based on nebulous BS matter...
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Joat42   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:41 am

Joat42
Admiral

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote:They pay their fair share, which would be higher without some of the tax benefits they get.

AH, you finally admitted it. It doesn't matter what the actual policy is. A tax threshold, that ONLY applies to O/G and nothing else is whatever you FEEL it is and if you FEEL it should be higher, then it is a ***subsidy***

You wack nuts against O/G are all the same.

Facts do not matter, your feelings based on nebulous BS matter...

I'm afraid you have some severe misconceptions. You think that because O/G pays higher taxes they are penalized. You think that because of that, any tax benefits they get doesn't count.

Please tell us how the O/G is penalized, and I'll explain WHY you are wrong.

---

Post by Annachie   » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

There's a gas turbine a few miles away that's supposed to be for peak usage.

Less than 10 years old and it blew badly enough to be a 6 month repair. (IE: out of action for the entire peak use period)

Regardless of cost, there's something to be said for the distributed nature or wind turbines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:01 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Coal was 2 cents a unit and worked 24/7/365

In Australia coal is the least reliable source.

Plant age is a large part of it as from memory they are all pretty much past their use by dates, but their ability to adjust to load is also woeful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Free-Range Topics...