Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Trump is a racist. He isn't even hiding it anymore.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am

gcomeau
Admiral

(Just ignoring smr's incoherent insanity)

So Trump has now graduated to open displays of naked racism from the White House. Telling non white members of Congress, most of whom were BORN HERE and all of whom are American citizens fucking obviously, to "go back to the countries they came from".

So there is no more hiding behind this "oh he's just against *illegal* immigrants" bullshit which has been an obvious lie from day one. He's against not white immigrants of any kind. (With the single exception of exceptionally rich or powerful ones of course, money and power covers all sins in Trump world)

He's a racist piece of shit, and if you're ok with that you are too.

Period.
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:49 am

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
So Trump has now graduated to open displays of naked racism from the White House. Telling non white members of Congress, most of whom were BORN HERE and all of whom are American citizens fucking obviously, to "go back to the countries they came from".

Er... actually he said “Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”

So while his tweet was clearly dumb (because only one of them is born outside US, even if we not took into account that they are US citizens), the notion is not "they should go back into their countries" but "they should first try to clean up their own countries and then teach US how to do it".

Still stupid, but different meaning.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:35 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

Er... actually he said “Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”

So while his tweet was clearly dumb (because only one of them is born outside US, even if we not took into account that they are US citizens), the notion is not "they should go back into their countries" but "they should first try to clean up their own countries and then teach US how to do it".

You inspired me to look up the actual Trump Tweets rather than rely on paraphrasing.

Trump definately seems racist but let us consider the context.

The three Congresswomen were elected from districts that have very large immigrant populations that generally resist assimilation. Definately true for Omar's district.

Racial or religious identity politics was a focus of their election campaigns, especially Omar's.

Their often avowed intention is to transform the US to conform to the countries that they or their parents immigrated from. This is particularly true of Omar.

The home countries of these women are accurately described as Third World Shitholes. That is why they or their parents emigrated.

Trump's slogan, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Omar's slogan, MAKE AMERICA MOGADISHU!

I'm with Trump.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

Bullshit.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:...Omar's slogan, MAKE AMERICA MOGADISHU!...
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

And how, EXACTLY, is that different in any damn way? He told a bunch of non white American fucking citizens, most of whom were born here, to "go back into their countries" and "clean up their own countries".

Different phrasing, IDENTICAL freaking meaning.

TFLY wrote:Trump definately seems racist but let us consider the context.

The context is Trump is angry at some non white people and let his inner racist out in public view.

AGAIN.

Nothing you wrote that followed this reduced or altered in any way the raging racism of his comment. Especially most of the utter BS you are just pulling out of your backside with Omar.
Post by The E   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm

The E
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The three Congresswomen were elected from districts that have very large immigrant populations that generally resist assimilation. Definately true for Omar's district.

You're funny. Trump says "they should go fix their districts!" in response to them ... running for public office in their districts because they believe that by doing so, they can make life in their districts better?

Just how desperate are you when it comes to defending the incoherent asshole you elected?

I mean, I get it, he's a senile racist ass, birds of a feather and all that...
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And how, EXACTLY, is that different in any damn way? He told a bunch of non white American fucking citizens, most of whom were born here, to "go back into their countries" and "clean up their own countries".

Nah. There is a difference between "go away I didn't like you" and "show me how would you do it yourself first, and then teach me how to do it." You seems to miss the second part of this (fairly idiotic, I agree) tweet, where the main point of Trump stupid rant is exactly on "show me how you would do it first".

I agree, that it's still pretty racist, but the focus here is not their race but typical "how dare you teach me, show me your competence first".
Still idiotic, of course...

Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

I'm still unsure whether he's actively racist or actively ignorant, but I do think that he'll be in power until 2024 either way.
The reason?
The Democrats are doing a wonderful impersonation of the Peoples Judean Liberation Front/Liberation Front Of Judea/Judean Peoples Liberation Front/Liberation Party Of Judea etc etc etc.
Given how the Democrat Candidates are going full crab-bucket and trying to tear each other apart instead of trying to find a compromise that lets them turn their attention outwards without taking (metaphorical) daggers in the back, they're clearing the path for the Republicans to saunter in.

At least they're not doing overt Antisemitism (both overt support and support via lack of opposition) like the Labour Party are on this side of the pond...
Labour are being officially investigated over it. The last (and only other) party to get the same treatment were the fascist-lite British National Party, and they were on the other end of the political spectrum!

...actually, I think I heard that at least one of the Democratic Presidential Candidates tweeted several Antisemitic things...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Dilandu   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

The E wrote:
Just how desperate are you when it comes to defending the incoherent asshole you elected?

I mean, I get it, he's a senile racist ass, birds of a feather and all that...

Well, he didn't start any new wars (the first US president for more than 20 years who didn't :D ), the economy is booming due to available fuel and protectionist tariffs, the formerly mighty OPEC turned into a bunch of scared Arabian bootlickers, the military is gearing up to match the Chinese military buildup...

He may be a senile racist ass, but he is not exactly completely without his wits, and quite shrewd in several areas.

Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:48 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
gcomeau wrote:And how, EXACTLY, is that different in any damn way? He told a bunch of non white American fucking citizens, most of whom were born here, to "go back into their countries" and "clean up their own countries".

Nah. There is a difference between "go away I didn't like you" and "show me how would you do it yourself first, and then teach me how to do it."

But there ISN'T a difference between "go back to your own countries" and "go back to your own countries". Something he NEVER would have said to any white Congressman, whatever their national origin.

I agree, that it's still pretty racist, but the focus here is not their race

Oh yes it is. It VERY much is.
Last edited by gcomeau on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Politics