Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Knives, Knives, Knives

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Knives, Knives, Knives
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 pm

TFLYTSNBN

noblehunter wrote:
gcomeau wrote:I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?

I wonder in how many states I buy a gun while on a tourist visa?

Zero
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm

TFLYTSNBN

gcomeau wrote:
noblehunter wrote:

Since the US has effectively non existent controls on private person to person sales...

All of them.

Most states hnow have restrictions on private gun sales. Typical is that transfers except for close family yave to be conducted through a dealer.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Joat42
Admiral

noblehunter wrote:
gcomeau wrote:I don't know, why does the US let people do that? More easily than in any other developed nation?

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Zero

Anecdote, I have a friend that brought a gun from his USA trip. He just went and bought different parts of it at different stores as spares. This was in the early 90's which made it much easier to get the parts home in the luggage.

I don't know if they have changed anything about selling spare parts, but if they haven't it should be possible to piece together a gun from spares.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I can top that story. In Vietnam we brought back one more Sioux helicopter than we took. The deal was that the US was to supply our forces with spares, so we kept ordering. Getting the "bath tub" main chassis was the hard part, but some Australian rum did grease the path. My Dad's squadron in the Pacific theater in WW2, ended up with a jeep. Swap for them doing target practice bombing in the lagoon to facilitate fishing.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Joat42 wrote:
noblehunter wrote:

Anecdote, I have a friend that brought a gun from his USA trip. He just went and bought different parts of it at different stores as spares. This was in the early 90's which made it much easier to get the parts home in the luggage.

I don't know if they have changed anything about selling spare parts, but if they haven't it should be possible to piece together a gun from spares.

You can legally buy all the spare parts except the receiver which is legally a "gun", has to have a serial number and subjected to the same restrictions on sales as any complete gun. However; if you can build the receiver yourself and keep it rather then sell it, there is no law against it. Historically; the US has not had many crimes committed with homemade guns unless you count all of those British soldiers that were killed during the Revolutionary War..

A major exception to this history is the recent practice of selling "80% complete" AR-15 receivers. The customer finishes the machining themselves (which is intentionally simple) then assembles a complete gun with commercially available parts. As long as they use the completed AR-15 for their personal use and is legal where they reside, this is legal. Given the fact that less than 3% of US homicides are committed with rifles of any type and probably less than 1% are AR-15s (extrapolating from detailed data on homicides of police), and then speculating I estimate that may be 1/10 of 1% of US homicides are committed with these dreaded ghost guns. We should be more concerned about all of the young children who are beaten, bludgeoned, burned, strangled and stabbed to death, usually by murderous mothers or their boyfriends.

Just as an aside, the marijunna bootlegger who testified as a "gun expert" to support the Elmer Fudd defense to get my tenant acquited for shooting at my son was also building and selling ghost guns. He was using parts stolen from the gunshop that he worked at before being fired. He dis this inconjuction with operating the unlicensed marijunna grow. Given his past history of assault with a firearm and getting an OMMP medical marijunna patient card allegedly to treat his anxiety, I was thrilled shitless to discover him residing on my property.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:01 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Daryl wrote:I can top that story. In Vietnam we brought back one more Sioux helicopter than we took. The deal was that the US was to supply our forces with spares, so we kept ordering. Getting the "bath tub" main chassis was the hard part, but some Australian rum did grease the path. My Dad's squadron in the Pacific theater in WW2, ended up with a jeep. Swap for them doing target practice bombing in the lagoon to facilitate fishing.

You must have had a hard landing that bent the airframe or tub, that is the ticket. The engine, gearbox, rotors and everything else was good.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:55 pm

TFLYTSNBN

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47765914

He had "mrntal health issues." That's the ticket.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:00 pm

TFLYTSNBN

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47765914

He had "mrntal health issues." Yeah. That's the ticket. Mental health issues.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 am

TFLYTSNBN

And another knife attack:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-47764744

Yes, I do understand that London's homicide rate is extremely low compared to an American city of comparable population. (I am not conflating number of homicides with homicide rates. Homicide rates in various US communities vary greatly with total population being one factor that correllates with higher homicide rates.) However; London is now experiencing a very high number of homicides relative to its historical norm. Many of these homicides are being committed with knives. Are some evil knife manufacturers and the British Knife Association conspiring to flood London with long bladed, sharp edged assault knives?
Post by Annachie   » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

And we see Fly making yet another post extoling the virtues of a gun ban, while mistakingly believing he has anti gun control point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics