Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Am I the only one who noticed?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Am I the only one who noticed?
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:52 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

That there's a note on the home page saying that DW has said his next book will be a Bahzell one? I was expecting to find wild "whoopee"s when I came here after reading that, but there's nothing :(

Cheers

John
Re: Am I the only one who noticed?
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:44 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

It's a very recent posting. It wasn't there when I logged in early morning (GMT)...

But, since you mentioned it...

WHOOPEE!

Yay, we's gonna have another Bazhell book!

Okay, that go it out of my system. So, any ideas as to what's gonna happen in this one? Or is it gonna be merely an expansion of the short story "Sword Brother"?

Awaiting comments
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Brom O'Berin   » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Brom O'Berin
Captain (Junior Grade)

I am hoping for a continuation of the storyline into the post-Sword Brother period. I foresee a visit with Zarantha, then Bahzell goes out to fulfil Tomanak's command to spread word on the changes in the Rage among the Wild Wash and Broken Bone hradani.

Being hradani, I don't expect it to be easy to get meetings with the tribal chiefs.

Brom

Michael Everett wrote:It's a very recent posting. It wasn't there when I logged in early morning (GMT)...

WHOOPEE!

Okay, that go it out of my system. So, any ideas as to what's gonna happen in this one? Or is it gonna be merely an expansion of the short story "Sword Brother"?

Awaiting comments
Post by John Prigent   » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

I confidently predict the addition of several more verses to the Lay of Bahzell Bloodyhand. But I can't guess what they'll be about - though Bahzell's connection to the wild magic seems likely to be featured.
Cheers
John

Michael Everett wrote:It's a very recent posting. It wasn't there when I logged in early morning (GMT)...

WHOOPEE!

Awaiting comments
Post by Rook   » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Rook
Commander

I'm guessing that the next book will be dealing mainly with the Purple Lords. In part because 'Sword Brother' takes place in that general area, and because there have been several hints in the last three books that the dark gods are active there. There is also the fact that a peaceful Hradani nation will likely open up the northern Spear River to merchant trade and challenge the Purple Lord's domination of trade on the Spear.
Post by WiseMan999   » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:06 pm

WiseMan999
Ensign

Finally!

Just flicked onto the home page just now and saw the brilliant news. Just died and went to heaven.

However, I think at least some of the first part will have to wrap up Bazhell's journey in Sothoii. Judging from the last two books anyway, they seemed to be a direct continuation so that's "probably" what will happen here. He did leave some things unfinished IIRC. I just wish I could see people's faces when they realise the massive figure on the courser is hradani!

Other than that, the whole continent is open, so I can't predict where he'll go. I can think of convincing/semi-convincing reasons for everywhere at the moment. Can't wait to see what happens.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 am

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

In each book, Bahzel has travelled through lands we had
not seen before. So I guess that he will go further
east and southeast.

HTM, who is not cheering, having hoped for an HG book.

Brom O'Berin wrote:I am hoping for a continuation of the storyline into the post-Sword Brother period. I foresee a visit with Zarantha, then Bahzell goes out to fulfil Tomanak's command to spread word on the changes in the Rage among the Wild Wash and Broken Bone hradani.

Being hradani, I don't expect it to be easy to get meetings with the tribal chiefs.

Brom

Michael Everett wrote:[snip] any ideas as to what's gonna happen in this one? Or is it gonna be merely an expansion of the short story "Sword Brother"?

Awaiting comments
Post by Darksongwind   » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Darksongwind
Midshipman

yaaaHOooooooooooooooo! Something awsum to look forward to. I think that we may see in the next book more about Brandark, DW has written that Tomanak is the wrong God for him so which God is the right one. I hope to find out in this one.
Post by Panzer   » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

Yay!

I just saw that! Awesome!
Post by jaccairn   » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm

jaccairn
Ensign

Yay!
Knew there was one in the pipeline - glad to get something of a timeline now. there's unfinished business with the Sothoii, least of all someone teaching Bazhell to use a bow.

Return to War God