Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Multiverse Book #3

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: Multiverse Book #3
Post by JoellePresby   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:22 pm

JoellePresby
Coauthor

27 July 2014 Update

David and I talked face-to-face over 4th of July weekend. I'm doing more work on THE ROAD TO HELL (MV3). I'll be sending him this draft once I'm done with it. Then I'll be revising and updating the possible back-of-the-book material (new character, glossary, and map details) while he finds time for a read through. The book is developing nicely.

The manuscript is not, yet, ready for snippets from me. David and I have discussed doing a MV3 reading at HonorCon 14 (October 31 to November 2 in Raleigh, NC) and that is still quite possible.

-Joelle Presby

P.S. I have an excellent mentor. (His name starts with David and ends with -eber.) First we are getting the readers a great book. Reactions to be handled sepcor.

P.P.S. I was in the Navy for six years and graduated from the US Naval Academy. I'll be fine. Really.

P.P.P.S. Thanks for the welcome.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Dang! The writers are navy focussed but the story almost has to focus on everything but naval combat. Oh the irony! Chuckle. I am still very much looking forward to this book.

Thanks for the update, Joelle.

JoellePresby wrote:27 July 2014 Update

David and I talked face-to-face over 4th of July weekend. I'm doing more work on THE ROAD TO HELL (MV3). I'll be sending him this draft once I'm done with it. Then I'll be revising and updating the possible back-of-the-book material (new character, glossary, and map details) while he finds time for a read through. The book is developing nicely.

The manuscript is not, yet, ready for snippets from me. David and I have discussed doing a MV3 reading at HonorCon 14 (October 31 to November 2 in Raleigh, NC) and that is still quite possible.

-Joelle Presby

P.S. I have an excellent mentor. (His name starts with David and ends with -eber.) First we are getting the readers a great book. Reactions to be handled sepcor.

P.P.S. I was in the Navy for six years and graduated from the US Naval Academy. I'll be fine. Really.

Post by Renegade13   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Renegade13
Commander

Yes, many thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing how you move the story along!

PeterZ wrote:Dang! The writers are navy focussed but the story almost has to focus on everything but naval combat. Oh the irony! Chuckle. I am still very much looking forward to this book.

Thanks for the update, Joelle.

JoellePresby wrote:27 July 2014 Update

-Joelle Presby

Post by brnicholas   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

brnicholas
Captain (Junior Grade)

Not necessarily. All they need to do is give Sharona a new connection with Arcana with a couple of big water gaps right at the beginning of it. Then there is plenty of space for naval combat. I bet watching the dolphins and whales hunt Arcanan subs would be fun!

I'm really looking forward to this book too. And its never too early for snippits, if nothing else authors can share some of the things that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Nicholas

PeterZ wrote:Dang! The writers are navy focussed but the story almost has to focus on everything but naval combat. Oh the irony! Chuckle.
Post by PeterZ   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Before the have naval combat one side has to either bring naval yards forward to the contested worlds or move ships. That argues for very limited possibilities for high seas combat. No grand armada here.

brnicholas wrote:Not necessarily. All they need to do is give Sharona a new connection with Arcana with a couple of big water gaps right at the beginning of it. Then there is plenty of space for naval combat. I bet watching the dolphins and whales hunt Arcanan subs would be fun!

I'm really looking forward to this book too. And its never too early for snippits, if nothing else authors can share some of the things that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Nicholas

PeterZ wrote:Dang! The writers are navy focussed but the story almost has to focus on everything but naval combat. Oh the irony! Chuckle.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Amen! :D

Please Note that I am in process of consolidating my
Index Threads into five (from nine).
I am also providing Links between them.

Howard T. Map-addict

brnicholas wrote:[snip - htm]

Nicholas
Post by brnicholas   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:11 pm

brnicholas
Captain (Junior Grade)

Before we can have any major combat the Sharonans have to build a railway into the area. We already know they can haul freighters by rail. I'm sure someone has a cruiser that can be moved through portals by rail on a drawing board. No grand armadas but smaller fleets are in reach and we don't need huge fleets for exciting battles. In fact if the Honor books are any indication smaller battles tend to be more exciting.

Nicholas

PeterZ wrote:Before the have naval combat one side has to either bring naval yards forward to the contested worlds or move ships. That argues for very limited possibilities for high seas combat. No grand armada here.

Post by PeterZ   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

No argument. The Sharonans will be fighting to build their needed infrastructure as far forward as possible. Once they return to Hell's Gate, the Sharonans have to build their navy. Going beyond requires controlling the swamp/lakes/seas between those two gates.

Gonna be fun watching how the story develops from MV3 onwards.

brnicholas wrote:Before we can have any major combat the Sharonans have to build a railway into the area. We already know they can haul freighters by rail. I'm sure someone has a cruiser that can be moved through portals by rail on a drawing board. No grand armadas but smaller fleets are in reach and we don't need huge fleets for exciting battles. In fact if the Honor books are any indication smaller battles tend to be more exciting.

Nicholas

PeterZ wrote:Before the have naval combat one side has to either bring naval yards forward to the contested worlds or move ships. That argues for very limited possibilities for high seas combat. No grand armada here.

Post by jeremyr   » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:32 am

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for update, it's been a long wait.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Remember that the Sharonans *willingly* exchanged the
soldiers whom they captured at Fort Salby, for the
*safe return* of the TTE construction crew & equipment.
IMHO we are following DW on this one. :)

HTM

PeterZ wrote:No argument. The Sharonans will be fighting to build their needed infrastructure as far forward as possible. Once they return to Hell's Gate, the Sharonans have to build their navy. Going beyond requires controlling the swamp/lakes/seas between those two gates.

Gonna be fun watching how the story develops from MV3 onwards.

PZ

brnicholas wrote:Before we can have any major combat the Sharonans have to build a railway into the area.
[snip - htm]
Nicholas

Return to Multiverse