Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

whats the hold up from RFC on book 5?

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
whats the hold up from RFC on book 5?
Post by Lunan   » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

i asked over in baen's bar
[quote lunan]so. its been awhile since John has put anything on fb, i know he doesn't visit here but people with some info might.
i read somewhere that John and David were having some disagreements over a point early in the book that will have greater impact on the rest of the book.
Has this been settled?
has the project been shelved again?
is it being activly worked on?
even a small amount of info would be nice[/quote]

and i got the awnser
James S Cochrane wrote on Mon, 27 January 2014 16:49

As of a week ago, John had sent the scene in question to David more than a year ago and hadn't received a response. I suggested he talk to Toni about it at ChattaCon, but I don't think they met up (John didn't get there until 9:30pm or so Saturday night, I think Toni had left by then, or at least gone to bed, as I didn't see her).

James

so the ball seems to be in David's court. now i know Sharon is in surgery this week and don't expect to get an awnser anytime soon but i thought i'd put it out there
Re: whats the hold up from RFC on book 5?
Post by Renegade13   » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Renegade13
Commander

I think that the main problem is that RFC's writing schedule is pretty full at the moment. He has a lot of other projects than just the Empire of Man series (and that is one that I don't think that has a specific publishing point yet); hopefully he will be able to find some time and motivation soon to work on #5. We just have to patient. Believe me, I want the next book as much as you do, but we just have to chill out and relax for a while. I'm sure that the end result will be well worth the wait!
Post by runsforcelery   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Renegade13 wrote:I think that the main problem is that RFC's writing schedule is pretty full at the moment. He has a lot of other projects than just the Empire of Man series (and that is one that I don't think that has a specific publishing point yet); hopefully he will be able to find some time and motivation soon to work on #5. We just have to patient. Believe me, I want the next book as much as you do, but we just have to chill out and relax for a while. I'm sure that the end result will be well worth the wait!

The holdup is that I haven't seen the file in question.

I'm not sure what happened. I do have one from him to me and Toni both discussing plot points, but that's the last one I received. I've looked in my junk mail folders just in case the spam trap ate it, but it's not there, either. I've just sent him an e-mail telling him I don't have it, since I now know I was supposed to have it, but the fact that I didn't know it was coming kept me from telling him it hadn't come when it didn't, if you follow my meaning. :lol:

Now, at this particular moment I'd be way too busy to do something with it immediately, anyway, but I promise we'd be a lot farther down the road if I'd known he'd gotten the opening section written!

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Lunan   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

runsforcelery wrote:
Renegade13 wrote:I think that the main problem is that RFC's writing schedule is pretty full at the moment. He has a lot of other projects than just the Empire of Man series (and that is one that I don't think that has a specific publishing point yet); hopefully he will be able to find some time and motivation soon to work on #5. We just have to patient. Believe me, I want the next book as much as you do, but we just have to chill out and relax for a while. I'm sure that the end result will be well worth the wait!

I'm not sure what happened. I do have one from him to me and Toni both discussing plot points, but that's the last one I received. I've looked in my junk mail folders just in case the spam trap ate it, but it's not there, either. I've just sent him an e-mail telling him I don't have it, since I now know I was supposed to have it, but the fact that I didn't know it was coming kept me from telling him it hadn't come when it didn't, if you follow my meaning. :lol:

Now, at this particular moment I'd be way too busy to do something with it immediately, anyway, but I promise we'd be a lot farther down the road if I'd known he'd gotten the opening section written!

Thank you MWW. i have cross posted this to ringos tavern just to make sure someone alerts John to this too
Post by Sharidann   » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 am

Sharidann
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

AFK detwisting the Pretzel in my mind. :P

This one is a typical double-blind / Snafu, whatever. :mrgreen:
runsforcelery wrote:

Post by SCLibrarian   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 pm

SCLibrarian
Ensign

While I really adore the Empire of Man series, book 4 did leave us at a good wrap point for the story arc. Since DW has limited time (I'm amazed at the amount of words he is able to turn out and still retain such high quality) my personal druthers are that he spend his time writing the next installment of Safehold. Like Polly Purebred, I am tied to the railroad track waiting to see if Underdog (aka Merlin) will rescue us from the evil Simon Bar Sinister, uh, Clyntahn. You can have him back after that!

Lunan wrote:i asked over in baen's bar
[quote lunan]so. its been awhile since John has put anything on fb, i know he doesn't visit here but people with some info might.
i read somewhere that John and David were having some disagreements over a point early in the book that will have greater impact on the rest of the book.
Has this been settled?
has the project been shelved again?
is it being activly worked on?
even a small amount of info would be nice

and i got the awnser
James S Cochrane wrote on Mon, 27 January 2014 16:49

As of a week ago, John had sent the scene in question to David more than a year ago and hadn't received a response. I suggested he talk to Toni about it at ChattaCon, but I don't think they met up (John didn't get there until 9:30pm or so Saturday night, I think Toni had left by then, or at least gone to bed, as I didn't see her).

James

so the ball seems to be in David's court. now i know Sharon is in surgery this week and don't expect to get an awnser anytime soon but i thought i'd put it out there[/quote]
Post by Alistair   » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

While I love Safehold and Honour the most- I wouldn't mind seeing a few new empire of man books or multiverse books
Post by AClone   » Tue May 06, 2014 10:34 am

AClone
Captain of the List

I assume I'm seeing the next book on Baen's schedule now--not so?
Post by PeterZ   » Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

No. Throne of Stars is an omnibus containing books 3 & 4 in the series.

AClone wrote:I assume I'm seeing the next book on Baen's schedule now--not so?
Post by AClone   » Tue May 06, 2014 6:35 pm

AClone
Captain of the List

PeterZ wrote:No. Throne of Stars is an omnibus containing books 3 & 4 in the series.

AClone wrote:I assume I'm seeing the next book on Baen's schedule now--not so?

Darnit. And thanks. :(

Return to Empire of Man