Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

How the Safehold series WON'T end

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: How the Safehold series WON'T end
Post by NeverendingWar   » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 pm

NeverendingWar
Lieutenant Commander

Charybdis wrote:OK, I've been lurkin too long and now I have to get my feet wet here. How long ago did I read "On Basilisk Station"? I have Baen Bundles dating back to 1999 - in other words, an old fart but new here.

So what brought me out from under cloaking? In the 11 pages of response no mentioned this; [Oops-Jonathan_S 'got it' on page 2 - my bad!]

Either I am blind or I smell "Battlestar Galactica"! So RFC, you couldn't tie in "Babylon 5" as well?

Very glad someone else commented this to the top so that I could read it. The AUTHOR as "deus ex machina!"

God yes something from Babylon 5 would be epic, such an awesome Series. Something along the lines of "Come over to our side or we melt your face" :twisted:
Post by Jeff Donohue   » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Jeff Donohue
Ensign

God, but that was a fun thing to read. Loved it.
Post by AirTech   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:33 am

AirTech
Captain of the List

NeverendingWar wrote:
Charybdis wrote:OK, I've been lurkin too long and now I have to get my feet wet here. How long ago did I read "On Basilisk Station"? I have Baen Bundles dating back to 1999 - in other words, an old fart but new here.

So what brought me out from under cloaking? In the 11 pages of response no mentioned this; [Oops-Jonathan_S 'got it' on page 2 - my bad!]

Either I am blind or I smell "Battlestar Galactica"! So RFC, you couldn't tie in "Babylon 5" as well?

Very glad someone else commented this to the top so that I could read it. The AUTHOR as "deus ex machina!"

God yes something from Babylon 5 would be epic, such an awesome Series. Something along the lines of "Come over to our side or we melt your face" :twisted:

Hey he missed Captain Kirk, and Judy and the gang too...(Star Trek and Lost In Space for those born in the the last forty years). Klaatu might fit in on the other side too. (Even Older - The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951 (more my fathers era)).)
Post by Thucydides   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 pm

Thucydides
Captain of the List

And don't forget having the HAL 9000 computer to manage the epic battle

(or will he....?) :o
Post by Polyglot   » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

[quote="runsforcelery"]I promise I wasn't really smoking any prohibited substances when this came to me. But, I thought, what the heck, if Heinlein could do it, so can I. :twisted:

I wonder if it's fanfic when the author does it?

Please sir... May I have some more???

(imagine starving puppy-dog eyes and reverently clasped hands...)
Post by Thucydides   » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Thucydides
Captain of the List

Polyglot wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:I promise I wasn't really smoking any prohibited substances when this came to me. But, I thought, what the heck, if Heinlein could do it, so can I. :twisted:

David Weber: I'm sorry, Polygot. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Polyglot: What's the problem?
David Weber: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Polyglot: What are you talking about, David?
David Weber: This series is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Polyglot: I don't know what you're talking about, David.
David Weber: I know that you and Frank were planning to read ahead, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Post by laz   » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:23 pm

laz
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Polyglot wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:I promise I wasn't really smoking any prohibited substances when this came to me. But, I thought, what the heck, if Heinlein could do it, so can I. :twisted:

Well I think RFC needs to update it. I see no mention of Nimue Chwaeriau.

laz

Ps. if you need to smoke prohibited substances some of them are no longer prohibited in Colorado.
Post by Charybdis   » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Charybdis
Captain of the List

laz wrote:

Well I think RFC needs to update it. I see no mention of Nimue Chwaeriau.

laz

Ps. if you need to smoke prohibited substances some of them are no longer prohibited in Colorado.

In other words the "Rocky Mountain High" state is in a state of getting highER!

As for updating, NO, just get with the HFQ SNIPPETS PLEASE!

The left eye twitch is becoming quite bothersome and I just knew something would go bad last Thursday when I spilled the coffee while the computer was updating Wall Street! Uh, sorry about that, it wasn't your money was it?
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by laz   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 pm

laz
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Charybdis wrote:In other words the "Rocky Mountain High" state is in a state of getting highER!

Screw the snippets i want the BOOK. preferably by late october when i HAVE to move my mothers boat out of NZ. Hmmmm actually how about right after i finish all the repairs needed, and have finished stocking the boat, otherwise i won't get anything fixed. better yet just before i leave cell coverage. actually considering my reading/re-reading speed could the next 3 books be released by then? on iBooks? WITH 1 REALLY GOOD digital map...

uh if a really good digital map is also released better make it before i leave the mooring, it will take a while to download.....and i may need to refill my hotspot.

laz
Post by Thucydides   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Thucydides
Captain of the List

laz wrote:
Charybdis wrote:In other words the "Rocky Mountain High" state is in a state of getting highER!

Screw the snippets i want the BOOK. preferably by late october when i HAVE to move my mothers boat out of NZ. Hmmmm actually how about right after i finish all the repairs needed, and have finished stocking the boat, otherwise i won't get anything fixed. better yet just before i leave cell coverage. actually considering my reading/re-reading speed could the next 3 books be released by then? on iBooks? WITH 1 REALLY GOOD digital map...

uh if a really good digital map is also released better make it before i leave the mooring, it will take a while to download.....and i may need to refill my hotspot.
laz

Hey there! Don't be greedy! You get one book like the rest of us. Now sit down and eat your brussle sprouts... :D

Return to Safehold