Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

War God translation to german

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
War God translation to german
Post by Markus-Austria   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Markus-Austria
Midshipman

Hi,

i just wanted to ask if there are any informations about reprints of the books in german language.
Just the first 3 books were translated to german (ok, 4 books, Wind Rider´s Oath was splitted in 2 books) and "War Maid´s Choice" and "The Sword of the South" are still missing :cry:
I loved the first 3 books (i have read them at least 10 times) but my english skills are not good enough to read entire books and it´s no fun if you need a dictionary every 3-5 sentences.
I wrote dozens of mails to publishers about translations of my favourite authors (and David Weber is definitely one of them!) but never got any informations from them.
I hope that anyone has a (positive) answer for me!
Sorry if that isn´t the correct forum for such a question and please forgive my spelling mistakes if i have made some :oops:

greetings
an austrian fan
Re: War God translation to german
Post by DirkF   » Sun May 19, 2019 3:03 pm

DirkF
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Last time I checked (which was a few years ago) the German version of "War maid" was only available as ebook (never printed), but I just searched and all books in the "Schwerter des Zorns" serie have been removed from the publishers page, even the ebook-versions of the first parts.

And that usually only happens if the licence runs out, so I don't think there is a chance for a german version in the next time (unless another publisher purchase the licence from heyne and plans to reprint)

Return to War God