Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Spoiler - Wencit's Age & Gwynna

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Spoiler - Wencit's Age & Gwynna
Post by dwileye13   » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

[quote="Louis R"]That reference is here: http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... essa/226/1

About half-way through.

[quote="dwileye13"]
Thank you, I was going only from what I read in the books. But from dialog and the memories of Kenhodan, it seems Herrick was killed in the last battle by Toren. Kenhoden is Toren or an alternate Toren. The cay eyed wizard is his cousin and believes he will be victorious because the prophecy said his line would win or endure blah blah ...
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by Louis R   » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

At the end of the infodump it says quite clearly that they took each other out. Of course, there are things in the book that suggest that that is not entirely correct...

dwileye13 wrote:
Louis R wrote:That reference is here: http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... essa/226/1

About half-way through.

Thank you, I was going only from what I read in the books. But from dialog and the memories of Kenhodan, it seems Herrick was killed in the last battle by Toren. Kenhoden is Toren or an alternate Toren. The cay eyed wizard is his cousin and believes he will be victorious because the prophecy said his line would win or endure blah blah ...
Post by feyhunde   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 pm

feyhunde
Lieutenant Commander

Louis R wrote:At the end of the infodump it says quite clearly that they took each other out. Of course, there are things in the book that suggest that that is not entirely correct...

Also, even if Herrick died, the Fall took decades, more than enough time to have heirs.

Note also the same info dump establishes that the Sothoii's founders included cadet branches of the imperial family. Eg. Wizard blood. I thought Gwynna was going to be a wild wizard initially due to these confluences, and she'd be the first white wizard since Wencit. Instead....
Post by dwileye13   » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:04 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

Louis R wrote:At the end of the infodump it says quite clearly that they took each other out. Of course, there are things in the book that suggest that that is not entirely correct...

dwileye13 wrote:Thank you, I was going only from what I read in the books. But from dialog and the memories of Kenhodan, it seems Herrick was killed in the last battle by Toren. Kenhoden is Toren or an alternate Toren. The cay eyed wizard is his cousin and believes he will be victorious because the prophecy said his line would win or endure blah blah ...

Again thanks, I read that info dump and came away with a couple of thoughts.
I am not as convinced that it says Toren was killed. RFC has that backhanded way of using inference to create a smokescreen . . . "In the event, the battle between them -- which involved another artifact of the House of Ottovar [tum, te, tum, te, tum] -- not only dropped both of them but killed almost every man (and creature) . . . " I wonder!

Another casual idea . . .
"In fact, all present coursers are directly descended from a single stallion"
Kenhodan's stallion came from somewhere with the help of Wencit. If he sent Toren and his War-horse forward in time, who else would have had the Original Courser made for him but the Last Emperor?
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by bkwormlisa   » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:36 pm

bkwormlisa
Commander

dwileye13 wrote:

Again thanks, I read that info dump and came away with a couple of thoughts.
I am not as convinced that it says Toren was killed. RFC has that backhanded way of using inference to create a smokescreen . . . "In the event, the battle between them -- which involved another artifact of the House of Ottovar [tum, te, tum, te, tum] -- not only dropped both of them but killed almost every man (and creature) . . . " I wonder!

Another casual idea . . .
"In fact, all present coursers are directly descended from a single stallion"
Kenhodan's stallion came from somewhere with the help of Wencit. If he sent Toren and his War-horse forward in time, who else would have had the Original Courser made for him but the Last Emperor?

That's a really neat idea, but I would assume from the infodump that the single stallion was a courser in the modern sense, and Kenhodan's horse is (effectively) a crossbreed. Of course, I could be wrong or it could have simply been almost as good at the actual courser stallion.

Return to War God