Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

SotS Official Snippet #9 (I think )

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Official Snippet #9 (I think )
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:51 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Having been away for some time, and reading this chain, it seems to me that there is an unwarranted assumption being made here - that Gwynna is the 11 year old mentioned in the cover blurb - probably true, but still an assumption. I agree that considerable time has elapsed since WMC, and that Leana has been "adjusted" by the gods, for whatever reason, but we really don't know how old Gwynna is - being half hradrini, presumably she matures at a slower rate, so the fact that she appears to be 11 years old doesn't necessarily mean that she is 11 years old.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: SotS Official Snippet #9 (I think )
Post by jsburbidge   » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 am

jsburbidge
Ensign

fallsfromtrees wrote:Having been away for some time, and reading this chain, it seems to me that there is an unwarranted assumption being made here - that Gwynna is the 11 year old mentioned in the cover blurb - probably true, but still an assumption. I agree that considerable time has elapsed since WMC, and that Leana has been "adjusted" by the gods, for whatever reason, but we really don't know how old Gwynna is - being half hradrini, presumably she matures at a slower rate, so the fact that she appears to be 11 years old doesn't necessarily mean that she is 11 years old.

The flip side is that if she was born immediately after WMC and the sword reference is a pointer to forty or more years having passed, then she's about as old as Bahzell was at the beginning of OoS, which I think unlikely. (An older sibling is a possibility, as pointed out upthread, being of an age to be out in the world.)

Return to War God