Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Wencit's destructive spell

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Wencit's destructive spell
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:27 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

One thought about Wencit's destructive spell and the up-coming war against Kontovar.

Wencit has said that he's not immortal.

Either the war starts because the Dark Wizards "get lucky" and kill him or the war starts because Wencit finally dies of old-age.

If he's dead, there's nobody to use that destructive spell.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by celerycrunchingrebel   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:38 pm

celerycrunchingrebel
Midshipman

i think part of the threat wencit made was very clear . try to harm her again and i will burn kontovar to the bed rock. and after that if you try again i will unleash enough power so that it will take ten thousand years for grass to even grow back try again after that and i will burn myself out killing you all. i don't know bout any one else but that sounds like plenty enough reason to stay far far away from Leena.

another thing i seem to recall from WMC is that he said that the Carnadosan council probes at the spells to check if wencit still has them to hand and that they are active. so i would assume they are seeking a way to cut him off from them because i don't think he can recreate them by himself, use them and power them yes but not recreate.

and wencit is more then he seems to be if you've read the sword brother short story you know about the duel wencit had with the Carnadosan priestess.she figured out who or what wencit really is right before he fried her..sigh i so don't want to wait for the next installment of the war god series i want it to come out soon. :lol:
Post by tootall   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:21 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

CCG-

RunsFor did say that he intends to do a short story on who Brandark's God would be. So there's one answer that's due sooner than later. Alas- when is the question.
Post by cralkhi   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 am

cralkhi
Captain of the List

tootall wrote:My point about devils and demons- is that- he always seems to be elsewhere. So we don't know why he doesn't deal with demons and devils....

Well, in "Sword Brother" he is actually present when demons show up.
Post by cralkhi   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:16 am

cralkhi
Captain of the List

DrakBibliophile wrote:One thought about Wencit's destructive spell and the up-coming war against Kontovar.

Either the war starts because the Dark Wizards "get lucky" and kill him or the war starts because Wencit finally dies of old-age.

A very good point.
Post by tootall   » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:15 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

cralkhi wrote:
tootall wrote:My point about devils and demons- is that- he always seems to be elsewhere. So we don't know why he doesn't deal with demons and devils....

Well, in "Sword Brother" he is actually present when demons show up.

AND Wencit doen't deal with them He casts a spell to get "The Sword Brother."
Post by Oline   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:17 am

Oline
Midshipman

You need to remember that Wencit still abides by the strictures of Ottavar. Which means that he cannot use Spells against the ungifted. His treat to use the keys to the Spells that straffed Kontovar <spelling>
Post by tootall   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:44 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

Oline You need to remember that Wencit still abides by the strictures of Ottavar. Which means that he cannot use Spells against the ungifted.

Wow, what an interesting idea- Wencit doesn't do demons or devils---because of the strictures.
Not sure I agree... but it fits the facts of the story as we know it so far.
Post by Polyglot   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cralkhi wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:One thought about Wencit's destructive spell and the up-coming war against Kontovar.

A very good point.

And as JK Rowling said in regard to Dumbledore, it's an accepted truth in the genre that the old guy with the white beard and the funny hat *has to die.*
:cry:
Post by Polyglot   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

And considering Wencit dying of old age - is old age death something that a champion of Tomanak could prevent or heal? Or is that only effective against wounds, infection, and the like?

Return to War God