Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

What's the latest on SoTS 2?

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
What's the latest on SoTS 2?
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

When I read RFC's post about the schedule, he said his next project after TFT would be the next SoTS book. I realize this was only an estimated timeline, and I don't want to sound needy, but it's been awhile since TFT came out and we haven't even seen any SoTS 2 snippets yet. Anybody have an idea on what's happening?
Re: What's the latest on SoTS 2?
Post by Cartref   » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Could not have asked it better myself and I have been wondering exactly the same thing :lol:
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:17 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

would love to know myself

we've been waiting a LONG time.

I get the impression the war god books don't sell as well as others, so he has to find time for them amidst things do that sell well.

then there is all the books he is co-writing with others

Gordian Protocal sequal
Mamelukes
out of the dark sequal
stepanie harrington book 4-6
the new prequal to path of the fury
Post by Mycall4me   » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Well, nothing like answering my own question. I checked my post and saw the replies, so since there was no answers there, I decided to do some forum surfing. When I went to the Out of the Dark forum, much to my surprise, there were 16 snippets for the sequel (the last time I was there there was only one)
So I'm thinking that RFC's current project is Into the Light the sequel to Out of the Dark.
What was strange was that I've been checking the snippets page (looking for SotS 2 snippets) and there were NO new snippets there, and there had been none for awhile. So, I thought I'd go back and check again (I actually hadn't checked there for some time, and I didn't check there prior to making this post)
For whatever reason, the new snippets weren't there. So I'm not sure what's going on with those new snippets not being there, but I'm just happy that I found out what's going on with RFC, and what he's presently working on.
So my guess (and hope) is that he'll go to the SotS sequel as his next project. And, in the meantime, I'm going back to read my new snippets! :D
Post by Cartref   » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Cartref
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

"The Schedule" topic at the top of the page tells it all.

It will be a wait for SoTS 2
Post by Mycall4me   » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:57 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Cartref wrote:"The Schedule" topic at the top of the page tells it all.

It will be a wait for SoTS 2
Well, is THIS right?
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:23 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10280

it is the most up to date info we have and is straight from Mr Weber himself.

it is as close to accurate as anything can hope to be.
Post by Mycall4me   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Dauntless wrote:http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10280

it is the most up to date info we have and is straight from Mr Weber himself.

it is as close to accurate as anything can hope to be.

Wow, I'm still being amazed by how helpful you long time users are to a relative newbie like myself. I definitely should have registered long ago. Being registered has been a FUN experience, and I would recommend all of you guests to register also. Having the ability to directly ASK about something, and not having to hope that someone else wants to know the same thing you're interested in, is great! Registering only takes 5 minutes, and it's time well spent.
I don't recall how I found that latest posting from RFC, but I surely DO appreciate you taking the time to reply, AND supply a link to that post.
Post by Louis R   » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Just FYI: Himself doesn't formally snippet books while he's working on them, although he's known to toss out cunningly edited teasers and the occasional scrap from the cutting-room floor.

So, ITL isn't his current project; it was turned in to Tor long ago. He may play with it some more, but only in response to editorial comments and generally only to a limited degree. [generally, because he's been known to have a 'better idea' resulting from commentary leading to ripping out and replacing entire chapters. So editors are careful what they say to him]

Mycall4me wrote:Well, nothing like answering my own question. I checked my post and saw the replies, so since there was no answers there, I decided to do some forum surfing. When I went to the Out of the Dark forum, much to my surprise, there were 16 snippets for the sequel (the last time I was there there was only one)
So I'm thinking that RFC's current project is Into the Light the sequel to Out of the Dark.
What was strange was that I've been checking the snippets page (looking for SotS 2 snippets) and there were NO new snippets there, and there had been none for awhile. So, I thought I'd go back and check again (I actually hadn't checked there for some time, and I didn't check there prior to making this post)
For whatever reason, the new snippets weren't there. So I'm not sure what's going on with those new snippets not being there, but I'm just happy that I found out what's going on with RFC, and what he's presently working on.
So my guess (and hope) is that he'll go to the SotS sequel as his next project. And, in the meantime, I'm going back to read my new snippets! :D
Post by justdave   » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:44 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Dauntless wrote:would love to know myself

we've been waiting a LONG time.

I get the impression the war god books don't sell as well as others, so he has to find time for them amidst things do that sell well.

then there is all the books he is co-writing with others

Gordian Protocal sequal
Mamelukes
out of the dark sequal
stepanie harrington book 4-6
the new prequal to path of the fury

The MWW said last nite on the weekly Baen zoom session that this was the next solo book TW wants.

Return to War God