Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

How the Safehold series WON'T end

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: How the Safehold series WON'T end
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Queequeg wrote:Nah, absolutely no fear of ridicule...I have children and I take a positive delight in embarrassing the heck out of them. Shy? Maybe but I suppose that can be claimed since I've never actually been 'caught' streaking :lol:

So you´ve done it but never been caught...
:mrgreen:
Post by Castenea   » Fri May 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Castenea
Captain of the List

Tenshinai wrote:
Queequeg wrote:Nah, absolutely no fear of ridicule...I have children and I take a positive delight in embarrassing the heck out of them. Shy? Maybe but I suppose that can be claimed since I've never actually been 'caught' streaking :lol:

Don't look Ethel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-TXC8AEyQ
Post by Queequeg   » Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Queequeg
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Tenshinai wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9BJxFHDYI :mrgreen:
Post by Spacekiwi   » Fri May 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

schmuck bait!
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by haque   » Sat May 25, 2013 6:06 pm

haque
Ensign

That was just.... :shock: :lol:

Dayum, RFC that was the best trolling ever. Hilariously wild read!
Post by jtg452   » Tue May 28, 2013 9:14 am

jtg452
Captain of the List

quark wrote:Still no battle armored treecat marines?!!
;)

I finally figured out where they are.

They are going to be Pathfinders for the Bolos. Right now, they are on board the transports playing poker and practicing their hand to hand (and near hand to near hand) combat with the unit that's backing them up- the Mardukan Drop Commandos.
Post by saber964   » Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm

saber964
Admiral

All I've to say is What no Mardukans piloting Manly Phantom Stingships.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed May 29, 2013 4:29 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

I want to see the fight between a mardukan and Horace Harkness! :D
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by McGuiness   » Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 am

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

This was the funnest case of massive overkill I've ever had the pleasure to read. I was waiting for the Excalibur Alternative ending of course, but the name of ever person and ship type that showed up had me giggling, or in Emperor Hektor the II's case, thinking "Hey, wait a minute!" I guess the prolong drugs and nannites are doing their jobs. (But why didn't Emperor Hektor the II have a "Haarahld" in his name as well? He was named after every other major character in AOR!"

I completely lost it when I realized Bahzell's bunch was aboard the transports, wearing marine combat armor. As soon as I translated the Bolo models as Mark 46's I whistled and wondered why they weren't flying around, blowing up Gbaba ships all by themselves. The technological leap from a Mark 34, which could fly using its antigravs, blow ships out of orbit, and blast through hordes of the enemy's own war machines would be even greater than the leap from the Mark 22, which were the first models to gain (restricted and a bit primitive) independent thought. Near human thought capabilities were first achieved in the experimental Bolo XXIII known as "Nike," as RFC wrote in his novel "Bolos!" (The Bolo series is a GREAT read if you haven't tried it yet!)

So bring on the dozen Hellbores each, the defensive screens that can absorb and recycle the energy of an entire star, and let loose the infinite repeaters and all the cool new weaponry a Mark 46 features! (Plus think of the personnel costs now that they no longer need commanders to keep them from going nuts!) ;)

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.
Post by savadrin   » Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 am

savadrin
Lieutenant Commander

McGuiness wrote:This was the funnest case of massive overkill I've ever had the pleasure to read. I was waiting for the Excalibur Alternative ending of course, but the name of ever person and ship type that showed up had me giggling, or in Emperor Hektor the II's case, thinking "Hey, wait a minute!" I guess the prolong drugs and nannites are doing their jobs. (But why didn't Emperor Hektor the II have a "Haarahld" in his name as well? He was named after every other major character in AOR!"

I completely lost it when I realized Bahzell's bunch was aboard the transports, wearing marine combat armor. As soon as I translated the Bolo models as Mark 46's I whistled and wondered why they weren't flying around, blowing up Gbaba ships all by themselves. The technological leap from a Mark 34, which could fly using its antigravs, blow ships out of orbit, and blast through hordes of the enemy's own war machines would be even greater than the leap from the Mark 22, which were the first models to gain (restricted and a bit primitive) independent thought. Near human thought capabilities were first achieved in the experimental Bolo XXIII known as "Nike," as RFC wrote in his novel "Bolos!" (The Bolo series is a GREAT read if you haven't tried it yet!)

So bring on the dozen Hellbores each, the defensive screens that can absorb and recycle the energy of an entire star, and let loose the infinite repeaters and all the cool new weaponry a Mark 46 features! (Plus think of the personnel costs now that they no longer need commanders to keep them from going nuts!) ;)

i... i haven't read through this whole thread, and i'm new to safehold. what are bolos and where can i find these books about them?

Return to Safehold