Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Primate of All Charis / Archbishop of Old Charis

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Primate of All Charis / Archbishop of Old Charis
Post by Salisria   » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:31 pm

Salisria
Lieutenant Commander

Given how extensive the travel demands of the office of the Archbishop of Charis are in the Church of Charis and that church's abandonment of bishop-executors, it seems to me that at some future time those demands could lead to splitting the office in two as suggested in this thread's title rather than continue to have the Bishop of Tellesberg serve as a de facto bishop-executor for Archbishop Staynir when he travels.

Thoughts?
Re: Primate of All Charis / Archbishop of Old Charis
Post by Julia Minor   » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:29 pm

Julia Minor
Commander

I don't recall seeing anything that said the Archbishop of Old Charis would automatically be the Primate of All Charis. Yes, right now that's the case, but when Staynair dies (hopefully not for a while, but he'll be the first one to tell you he's not a kid anymore) would his successor to the archbishopric automatically get the primacy as well? Or would the rest of the archbishops get together to elect a new primate?
Re: Primate of All Charis / Archbishop of Old Charis
Post by Daryl   » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:02 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

As part of the inner circle, would he accept the nannites? Not directly life extending, but would avoid many of the premature deaths.
Julia Minor wrote:I don't recall seeing anything that said the Archbishop of Old Charis would automatically be the Primate of All Charis. Yes, right now that's the case, but when Staynair dies (hopefully not for a while, but he'll be the first one to tell you he's not a kid anymore) would his successor to the archbishopric automatically get the primacy as well? Or would the rest of the archbishops get together to elect a new primate?

Return to Safehold