Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Louis R and 10 guests

Update on next Safehold book

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by MrZero   » Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 am

MrZero
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Crancy wrote: It is on page 3 of topics titled "How the Safehold series WON'T end." Worth a read as a reminder of what fun it is to read David's works, even when he is just messing around.

Part of the fun of Safehold was back in the first books, when he was just messing around. Joke names, fleet tricks, arguments over boat travel (That's a nautical mile.), sneaky weapons, etc.
Now yes, DW has kept up some of that, but he started trying to take it seriously. It was good that he kept those characters in play instead of dropping them the first chance he could.
As for Safehold, it's all over including the shouting. All that's left is the greater mission and how that'll play out. There's still borders to cross and restrictions to break- the platform is still up there for example. But given how wrong DW has proven me before, including the whole of #10 as well as the spirited ending of #10, I don't feel qualified to make any guesses. Merlin will finally control the planet, but will it go according to plan?
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by Guillaume   » Tue May 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Guillaume
Ensign

Personnally I see one or two more books to wrap all the loose ends ( the platform, and all the things hidden here and there ) and tehn time and RFC health willing we will go back to why safehold was created.

from what I gathered it's the single series where he RFC doesn't have another author writing stuff with him.

Return to Safehold