Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Update on next Safehold book

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by Jeslis   » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:22 pm

Jeslis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Daryl wrote:It was in the Safehold topic thread, and I think the title was "How Safehold won't End". Starts with Merlin dying slowly, the Gbaba closing in, and ends up eventually with Honor riding to the rescue across multiversus. Sort of what a 15 year old fan would write if they had David's skills.

This is incorrect; No one is dying slowly, and Honor is not there. Fleets are about to engage, and Dahak universe planetoid ships come in and pretty much obliterate the 'gbaba'.

Altho the final paragraph tries to throw as many additional references as possible:
“These?” MacIntyre smiled again. “These are Dahak IV-class planetoids, but General Bahnakson and Admiral DeVries will be bringing up the troop transports as soon as we’ve dealt with this little infestation. I think you’ll be impressed by how many troops a Tomanāk-class transport can land. And I don’t think your ‘Gbaba’ are going to like it very much when a Mark XLVI Bolo brigade starts rolling, either. Now, if you’ll excuse me for a minute, I’ve got a few Achuultani to get out of the way before we rendezvous and start discussing alliances.

http://www.davidweber.net/posts/443-how ... t-end.html
Re: Update on next Safehold book
Post by Bookem   » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:38 pm

Bookem
Midshipman

clancy688 wrote:Not quite, he did clarify in a comment on facebook - he got a contract with Tor for another Safehold book and it's on position 4 in the queue:

Safehold is my next solo Tor project. It's long overdue, I know, but so is a lot of other stuff. If all goes as planned, I:

(1) finish the short HH novel I'm working on right now;
(2) Complete the Multiverse novel with Joelle;
(3) Complete Rebel with Richard Fox;
(4) Write the next Safehold Novel;
(5) Complete the next Manticore Ascendant novel with Tim and Tom;
(6) Write the sequel to Sword of the South;
(7) Write the next Star Kingdom novel with Jane Lindskold.

(6) and (7) may very well flip, and I hope to get (1) through (3) finished still this year. There's that saying about "best laid plans," however . . . .

Tl;dr: Best case he starts writing on the next Safehold book beginning 2023.

Please forgive my lack of SearchFu but has there been anything stated publicly on the timeline for the next book? I find myself jonesing for a Safehold fix...

Thanks

Return to Safehold