Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Why does it seem there is only one portal on Sharona?

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: Why does it seem there is only one portal on Sharona?
Post by saintonge   » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:51 am

saintonge
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Keith_w wrote:All the other worlds seem to have at least 2 portals. There has been a suggestion that there is a sub-ocean portal that the cetaceans can use, but I don't think there is any actual textev for it. So, why is there only 1 obvious portal on Sharona?

n7axw wrote:[Good question. But do we know that...or is it that only one portal has figured into the story?

Don

Keith_w wrote: One would think that if there were a second portal there would be some mention of it, if only a discussion on how best to guard it against other incursions. My thought is that there is only one on Sharon, only one on Arcane, one on our Earth and whomever is creating them is intending us all to meet for some reason known only to them (but feel free to speculate)

There's only one portal on Sharona, and one on Arcana, at least as far as we know. There may be ocean portals on Sharona and Arcana, but if so, they haven't been discovered by humans. But those additional portals are speculative. I may have misunderstood a remark of David's back in 2006, but he did seem to hint that they're there, and that the cetaceans have never informed humanity.

There are probably no portals on Earth. Yet. But if the series sells well enough . . .
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:22 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

saintonge wrote:There are probably no portals on Earth. Yet. But if the series sells well enough . . .
:D
RFC has mentioned at cons that at least one of his original thoughts was to have a portal open to Earth 80-100 years after the current events - and have (basically modern day) Earth interacting with the changing meta-physics of the multiverse and whatever comes out this current Sharona - Arcana scrap.

Who know if that'll ever happen after the delays in this series and all the other writing commitments RFC has.
Post by Louis R   » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

I understood that comment the same way. Don't, however, recall the wording, only that that's what he seemed to be saying.

saintonge wrote:
There's only one portal on Sharona, and one on Arcana, at least as far as we know. There may be ocean portals on Sharona and Arcana, but if so, they haven't been discovered by humans. But those additional portals are speculative. I may have misunderstood a remark of David's back in 2006, but he did seem to hint that they're there, and that the cetaceans have never informed humanity.

There are probably no portals on Earth. Yet. But if the series sells well enough . . .

Return to Multiverse