Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

What's up with Ringo?

The "Prince Roger" books, co-authored by David and John Ringo, are a well-loved series...join us for further conversations!
What's up with Ringo?
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:13 am

Mycall4me
Commander

This query is only partly concerning the Empire of Man series, in that I just can't seem to find any kind of updated information on what John Ringo is doing at present. I don't know why but his home page address is a blank page on my tablet, and I only have the limited information on Ringo's library on his home page on my pc. I just can't seem to get any other kind of access to Ringo's home page. I also am totally clueless on how to get into his forum (Ringo's Tavern [is that right?](or if he's even posted anything new there) I've only found a first chapter snippet of the 5th book at "Dribblet's of Baen". And it's pretty old. I HAVE heard that RFC has approved the proposed start of the new book, but there just isn't ANYTHING coming from Ringo except for the Black Tide Rising anthologies, and the collaboration with Mike Massa, also set in the Black Tide Rising universe.
It would seem to me that this forum would be a place to find snippets for a new book, but I'm not 100% sure Ringo even believes in snippeting. It just seems to me to be an exceptionally long time since Ringo has done ANY solo writing (after having finished the Black Tide Rising series) I religiously check the Baen site once a week in the hopes that there will be a new e-arc of SOMETHING (anything!) from Ringo, but nothing has been there so far.
So I'm basically looking to find out what the heck is going on with John Ringo, and/or is there any new word on the Empire of Man book 5?
BTW this is only my 3rd post here in the forums, but this has been REAL FUN so far! I should have registered a LONG time ago!
Re: What's up with Ringo?
Post by justdave   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:10 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Mycall4me wrote:This query is only partly concerning the Empire of Man series, in that I just can't seem to find any kind of updated information on what John Ringo is doing at present. I don't know why but his home page address is a blank page on my tablet, and I only have the limited information on Ringo's library on his home page on my pc. I just can't seem to get any other kind of access to Ringo's home page. I also am totally clueless on how to get into his forum (Ringo's Tavern [is that right?](or if he's even posted anything new there) I've only found a first chapter snippet of the 5th book at "Dribblet's of Baen". And it's pretty old. I HAVE heard that RFC has approved the proposed start of the new book, but there just isn't ANYTHING coming from Ringo except for the Black Tide Rising anthologies, and the collaboration with Mike Massa, also set in the Black Tide Rising universe.
It would seem to me that this forum would be a place to find snippets for a new book, but I'm not 100% sure Ringo even believes in snippeting. It just seems to me to be an exceptionally long time since Ringo has done ANY solo writing (after having finished the Black Tide Rising series) I religiously check the Baen site once a week in the hopes that there will be a new e-arc of SOMETHING (anything!) from Ringo, but nothing has been there so far.
So I'm basically looking to find out what the heck is going on with John Ringo, and/or is there any new word on the Empire of Man book 5?
BTW this is only my 3rd post here in the forums, but this has been REAL FUN so far! I should have registered a LONG time ago!

We occasionally get updates in the Tavern from Cochrane, that’s it that I’ve found
Post by Mycall4me   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

How/where can I get on to Ringo's tavern?
Post by Louis R   » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:08 am

Louis R
Rear Admiral

You'll have to register in Baen's Bar: https://bar.baen.com/ to see the list of forums, but you won't have any trouble finding it in the list. My understanding is that there's a fair bit of discussion, but Ringo himself doesn't bother to participate anymore. However, the habitues should be able to tell you where, if anywhere, he does post.

BTW, just so you know going in, the style convention on the Bar is top-posting. That's how Jim wanted it, and that's how we've kept it. Perusal of the FAQs will save you a great deal of confusion - while probably generating not a little more.

Mycall4me wrote:How/where can I get on to Ringo's tavern?
Post by Cragsclaw   » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Cragsclaw
Midshipman

Well the first book in a new collaborative series , that Mr Ringo headlines, was recently published.
"Gunpowder and Embers (Last Judgement's Fire Book 1)"

https://www.amazon.com/Gunpowder-Embers ... 391&sr=1-1

Return to Empire of Man