Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Computer Animation of Dahak

Fans of Colin Maclntyre and the great starship Dahak should take a minute to stop in here for discussions about one of David's best-loved series.
Computer Animation of Dahak
Post by datempas   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 pm

datempas
Midshipman

Hey all, this is mostly for David Weber himself. I am a CGI animator and am nearing retirement. For fun, I though I would do some animations of Dahak: some selected portions from the books. I would like to know a little bit more about what Dahak is supposed to look like. I have scoured the books for details, but I really need more if I am to make it look like what the author envisions.

I have looked about the internet and have not found anything that was really all that good. No, me as one person cannot make something that would rival today's movies in detail. But I can make something interesting, something that people might find worthy of a look.

So here is hoping that I can get the chance to have some questions answered on how Dahak (and some of the other ships) look.

Example: Is the three headed dragon on Dahak of one color or many colors? Is it stylized or detailed? To me, it is reminiscent of bomber nose art from WWII.

Well, thanks for the time in reading this. I am hoping to get some good feedback.

Dan Tempas
daniel4369@att.net
Re: Computer Animation of Dahak
Post by jchilds   » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:34 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

There's the 3 headed dragon on the fifth imperium site in the background? I think it was from an attempt at an animated series?

Return to Dahak