Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forum Rules & Information

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
Re: Forum Rules & Information
Post by olli01a   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:36 pm

olli01a
Ensign

Hi,

I‘m trying to change my eMail adress but I can‘t find a setting to do that.

What can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Olli01a
Post by Duckk   » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

User Control Panel->Profile->Edit account settings
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by olli01a   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 am

olli01a
Ensign

Duckk wrote:User Control Panel->Profile->Edit account settings

Thats it!

Thank you very much.

:)
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:25 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

So if we have a forum for The Gordian Protocol, why can't we have one for The Excalibur Alternative? :roll:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:55 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:So if we have a forum for The Gordian Protocol, why can't we have one for The Excalibur Alternative? :roll:

Because one is the live beginning of a series and the other is a dead one off? A very entertaining one off, of course, but, as of now, strictly dead.
Post by tlb   » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:43 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

While searching for posts by RFC (I am trying to make myself a copy of them, before they age off the forum), I found a problem with some old threads. Going through "The Malign All-in Response", that was last edited 11 June 2014 - about page 84 of the forum, beginning on the first page there is a post for "Go for Broke!" and on the third page there is a post for "You at first will save your own". I noticed the same confusion in at least one other thread. I hope this not the sign of a major problem.
Re: *Editable Field* Forum Rules & Information
Post by Jonathan_S   » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

tlb wrote:While searching for posts by RFC (I am trying to make myself a copy of them, before they age off the forum), I found a problem with some old threads. Going through "The Malign All-in Response", that was last edited 11 June 2014 - about page 84 of the forum, beginning on the first page there is a post for "Go for Broke!" and on the third page there is a post for "You at first will save your own". I noticed the same confusion in at least one other thread. I hope this not the sign of a major problem.

I'm almost sure that this was just someone changing the title in their response. People sometimes to that to try to denote a subthread or because the thread has wandered so far from it's original topic.

The Subject field can be edited as part of any response; such as I did here; inserting "*Editable Field*" into it.
Forum Information - Cannot see some Forums in the list
Post by rrw   » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 pm

rrw
Midshipman

Why can't I see forums such as Valkyrie and Into the Light in the forums list?
I found them when going a Google search and it brought me to the Weber forum for the respective topic. It says on the the top left of the page the forum name Valkyrie or Into the Light.
However, if I click on Forums at the top or on the drop down list "jump to forum" those forums do not appear.

RRW
Re: Forum Information - Cannot see some Forums in the list
Post by Theemile   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:28 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

rrw wrote:Why can't I see forums such as Valkyrie and Into the Light in the forums list?
I found them when going a Google search and it bro hiught me to the Weber forum for the respective topic. It says on the the top left of the page the forum name Valkyrie or Into the Light.
However, if I click on Forums at the top or on the drop down list "jump to forum" those forums do not appear.

RRW

The forums are named The Gordian Protocol and Out of the Dark, the series names, not the book names.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Re: Forum Information - Cannot see some Forums in the list
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Theemile wrote:
rrw wrote:Why can't I see forums such as Valkyrie and Into the Light in the forums list?
I found them when going a Google search and it bro hiught me to the Weber forum for the respective topic. It says on the the top left of the page the forum name Valkyrie or Into the Light.

RRW

The forums are named The Gordian Protocol and Out of the Dark, the series names, not the book names.

Actually not so much the names of the series, but rather the name of the first book of the series - rather as if the HonorVerse forum had been named "On Basilisk Station"

Perhaps we could rename "The Gordian Protocol" as "Holograms" :lol: :lol:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

Return to Assiti Shards