Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Curioser and curioser (spoiler only from sample chapters)

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history series.
Curioser and curioser (spoiler only from sample chapters)
Post by cnrd22   » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:42 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Just got the e-arc but earlier when reading the sample, I realized that chapter 1 Castle rock (the one with the gender sensitivity seminar that sounds just like our times and incidentally for which chapter 2 shows why the main hero wasn't really concerned about) is quite different from the Castle Rock of chapter 4 (which is the one in the blurb) as Benjamin is a tenure track academic in the first (which I bet is actually our timeline for that matter), but the department chairman in the second (which is the one with the 1948 invasion of the Soviet Union by the Anglo-American transpacific alliance under President Dewey, alliance not involved in the European war btw) - this where I stopped for now but the book looks really cool (was a bit annoyed with that sample 2/chapter 1 as I was, not again, we have gender f..g sensitivity seminars in all timelines, but it seems that is just ours ...)
Last edited by cnrd22 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Curioser and curioser
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

cnrd22 wrote:Just got the e-arc but earlier when reading the sample, I realized that chapter 1 Castle rock (the one with the gender sensitivity seminar that sounds just like our times and incidentally for which chapter 2 shows why the main hero wasn't really concerned about) is quite different from the Castle Rock of chapter 4 (which is the one in the blurb) as Benjamin is a tenure track academic in the first (which I bet is actually our timeline for that matter), but the department chairman in the second (which is the one with the 1948 invasion of the Soviet Union by the Anglo-American transpacific alliance under President Dewey, alliance not involved in the European war btw) - this where I stopped for now but the book looks really cool (was a bit annoyed with that sample 2/chapter 1 as I was, not again, we have gender f..g sensitivity seminars in all timelines, but it seems that is just ours ...)

does this need a 'spoiler' alert since it seems to be e-arc related. I've averted my eyes from your text - just in case :-)
Re: Curioser and curioser
Post by cnrd22   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:04 am

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

isaac_newton wrote:
does this need a 'spoiler' alert since it seems to be e-arc related. I've averted my eyes from your text - just in case :-)

added in the title (it's only sample based but I get the point)

Return to Gordian Division