Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Sociopaths [TVP spoiler]

David's and Jacob Holo's newest alternate, cross history series.
Re: Sociopaths [TVP spoiler]
Post by drothgery   » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:31 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Jacob Holo wrote:Lucius knew the Tesseract would doom the Dynasty based on Eriksen’s hidden theories, which is why he pushed Vlastos to upgrade its impeller for transdimensional travel. This was essentially the capstone of his plan, since he’d always intended to use the station as a lifeboat of sorts to leave the wreckage of the Dynasty—and SysGov—behind.

I guess being willing to set in motion events that will doom the universe you are in strikes me as not having properly calculated risk assessment, even if you're completely amoral. What if something goes wrong and you don't have access to something transdimensional capable before things blow up?
Re: Sociopaths [TVP spoiler]
Post by Jacob Holo   » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:14 pm

Jacob Holo
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

drothgery wrote:What if something goes wrong and you don't have access to something transdimensional capable before things blow up?

Lucius had access to and—after removing his colleagues—was in command of every time machine in the Dynasty. On top of that, his abstract nature meant he could board a ship at basically the speed of light. I’d say he was sufficiently prepared for most contingencies. Just not all of them, as the allied attack force demonstrated during the climax.

Return to Gordian Division