Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Secret Fleet on Android & PC

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: The Secret Fleet on Android & PC
Post by cadastral   » Sat May 31, 2014 9:14 am

cadastral
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Is there a list somewhere, or does somebody know, of all of the tactical advantages and what exactly they do? Some of them are pretty self-explanatory, but others I'm not quite sure what they do.

Also, if you are in the live event when the timer runs out, what happens to you?
Post by Yow   » Sat May 31, 2014 3:57 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Does the Android version post to Everplay as well?
Also, will the ship classes advance past the Heavy Cruise(CA) in the Fomori Sector to Battle Cruisers(BC), Battleships(BB), Dreadnoughts(SD), SuperDreadnoughts(SD) and SuperDreadnought Pod-layersSD(P)?
I for one don't think of this as overkill :twisted:

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Adrian079   » Sat May 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Adrian079
Midshipman

Its me again with more comments/problems. Sorry.
- I noticed few times that when I had 2 incoming missiles- usually anti laser but also anti ecm- and they hit my sidewall- full 5, one of them dropped one of my sidewall, but the other bypassed my sidewall and damaged my system- laser or ems. My question is this intensional or a bug
- I know its possible to do legendary mission and get common cargo pod, but what is annoying is getting blue or legendary cargo pod and getting common component inside- the legendary was especially annoying
- in a few random fights I noticed that the enemy ship which was firing 3 missiles- therefore suggesting lev 2 weapon- after getting git by a weapon damaging missile would not fire until its weapon system was repaired fully, when for a human player it would be enough to drop below 50% damage to fire.
And could somebody post all possible ship upgrades and in which sector- PUT it in a new SPOILER thread, but Im in Sachsen sector and I dont know if in previous sector I should have an upgrade or if I missed it
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sat May 31, 2014 11:38 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Adrian079 wrote:- I know its possible to do legendary mission and get common cargo pod, but what is annoying is getting blue or legendary cargo pod and getting common component inside- the legendary was especially annoying
Heh, a few times I've gotten Legendary cargo pods with no components; just metal and plasma.

And on a handful of fights I've gotten no cargo pod at all (which I suspect is a bug), just the victory screen .
Post by Yow   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:49 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Idol dev, please fill in blank holes in our knowledge and correct any of our ... Ok my misinterpretations :D
Adrian079 wrote:Its me again with more comments/problems. Sorry.
- I noticed few times that when I had 2 incoming missiles- usually anti laser but also anti ecm- and they hit my sidewall- full 5, one of them dropped one of my sidewall, but the other bypassed my sidewall and damaged my system- laser or ems. My question is this intensional or a bug
- I know its possible to do legendary mission and get common cargo pod, but what is annoying is getting blue or legendary cargo pod and getting common component inside- the legendary was especially annoying
- in a few random fights I noticed that the enemy ship which was firing 3 missiles- therefore suggesting lev 2 weapon- after getting git by a weapon damaging missile would not fire until its weapon system was repaired fully, when for a human player it would be enough to drop below 50% damage to fire.
And could somebody post all possible ship upgrades and in which sector- PUT it in a new SPOILER thread, but Im in Sachsen sector and I dont know if in previous sector I should have an upgrade or if I missed it

Jonathan_S wrote:Heh, a few times I've gotten Legendary cargo pods with no components; just metal and plasma.
And on a handful of fights I've gotten no cargo pod at all (which I suspect is a bug), just the victory screen .

~~sidewall drop: did they hit at the same time or were they staggered. I'm not sure yet but I think like the other defenses, once they are used they have to rest before the next attack. Still trying to figure that one out but you're not imagining it.
~~ :D no getting around this one it's not a bug I believe but a part of the randomizer in the game. I'll probably sweep the same system twenty times before I see a legendary again and 1/3 of the time they are not legendary items but when they are sweeeeeeeet :o I also have gotten drops with a blank victory screen :cry:
~~the missile damage is a percentage I think, so that percentage of those few missiles aren't enough for it to probably fire. You'll wish it was like that further along :twisted:
~~I'm sure you haven't missed any ship upgrades. They carry over for at least two sectors each.

-HMS Galahad(DD), Your intro sector(don't remember name) and the Enigma sector
-HMS Courageous(CL), actually you pick this up at the end of the Enigma sector before the Sachsen sector and Breslau sector
-HMS Dauntless(CA), Mannasas sector and Foromi sector in which I think the story line initially refers to the ship as HMAMC Dauntless, a Q-ship equal to a heavy cruiser. I think I got that right?
I am playing two games, one on my iPhone(at mission 16) and one on the iPad(holding at mission 45). It's giving me an insight on how to play and I am trying to get every upgrade possible before I leave and level up to the next ship in my iPhone.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by crewdude48   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:10 am

crewdude48
Commodore

As for the sidewall thing, I think it is like in the "real" Honorverse, where not everything isn stopped by the sidewalls.

One quick question; how do the defenses decide what incoming missiles to target?

I don't know if it just me, but it seems like they give lowest priority to the anti-laser missiles, and that is really annoying. If the enemy has three batteries and fire one each with anti-ECM, anti-CM and anti-laser, my ECM will take out the CMs and my CMs will take out the ECM. This leaves the laser missiles to face my laser defences. So I ask, why would I give a lower priority to a weapon that is all but immune to my innermost defence?

I think the priority list should look something like this, with the three active defenses moving their own missile to the bottom of the list;
BPL
Nuke
The one that takes out my missiles
Laser
CM
ECM
Sidewall
Hull breech
Post by Yow   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:57 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

crewdude48 wrote:As for the sidewall thing, I think it is like in the "real" Honorverse, where not everything isn stopped by the sidewalls.

One quick question; how do the defenses decide what incoming missiles to target?

I don't know if it just me, but it seems like they give lowest priority to the anti-laser missiles, and that is really annoying. If the enemy has three batteries and fire one each with anti-ECM, anti-CM and anti-laser, my ECM will take out the CMs and my CMs will take out the ECM. This leaves the laser missiles to face my laser defences. So I ask, why would I give a lower priority to a weapon that is all but immune to my innermost defence?

I think the priority list should look something like this, with the three active defenses moving their own missile to the bottom of the list;
BPL
Nuke
The one that takes out my missiles
Laser
CM
ECM
Sidewall
Hull breech

IMO, I can only think of a few things that might help. Level booster up your CM, Lasers, ECM and sidewalls to increase amount of missiles you can target per section. Then use the cool-down components (ex. Legendary Gravity Pump Laser Charger and Very Rare Quantum Pump Charger) together to increase refresh rate. Otherwise roll ship. Everything else is technique and timing.
Usually, I get as many as I can and then let some through to waste themselves on my sidewalls while I save the lasers for something bigger like hellfires or Mk13s.

Post by Adrian079   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:21 am

Adrian079
Midshipman

crewdude48 wrote:As for the sidewall thing, I think it is like in the "real" Honorverse, where not everything isn stopped by the sidewalls.

And I would be ok with it IF it worked the same for all missiles all the time.
Right now Im stuck at mission 30, and I noticed something. I launched 14 MK-13 and only 3 got through active defenses. So If it was like in anti laser missiles Warnecke's ship should lost 1 sidewall and should have some damage to its systems.
WRONG- I disabled 3 of 5 sidewalls and no system damage. And after 3 more MK-13 salvos and some Nukes I died. The enemy's salvos cose even with full upgrades I got overwhelmed.
Other thing
It would be nice to find a place to find out what each bonus before fight means- so for a really tough battle I could choose the best one.
EDIT Had another idea: to have a symbol on an installed components that it is upgradeable- so It would be easy to see- maybe a "u" in lover corner of an installed component.
Post by Yow   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Adrian079 wrote:

And I would be ok with it IF it worked the same for all missiles all the time.
Right now Im stuck at mission 30, and I noticed something. I launched 14 MK-13 and only 3 got through active defenses. So If it was like in anti laser missiles Warnecke's ship should lost 1 sidewall and should have some damage to its systems.
WRONG- I disabled 3 of 5 sidewalls and no system damage. And after 3 more MK-13 salvos and some Nukes I died. The enemy's salvos cose even with full upgrades I got overwhelmed.
Other thing
It would be nice to find a place to find out what each bonus before fight means- so for a really tough battle I could choose the best one.
EDIT Had another idea: to have a symbol on an installed components that it is upgradeable- so It would be easy to see- maybe a "u" in lover corner of an installed component.

Here's ya problum rite heya. Ya see dat dohickey nets ta da thingamajig? Yeeeeeeaaaaaa, yo enema gots one o'doz. Mmmm-hmm.

I betcha, ez'un gots one o'dez too,

Adrian079 wrote:EDIT Had another idea: to have a symbol on an installed components that it is upgradeable- so It would be easy to see- maybe a "u" in lover corner of an installed component.

Uh-hmm, 'scuse me. The Skipper wants to know if the components are upgradeable. Would you two love birds in there take a moment and check to see if the U is flashing... Oh for the love of... Really?! Real cute! Oh come on! Remember, the Skippers waiting...

Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Yow wrote:Uh-hmm, 'scuse me. The Skipper wants to know if the components are upgradeable. Would you two love birds in there take a moment and check to see if the U is flashing... Oh for the love of... Really?! Real cute! Oh come on! Remember, the Skippers waiting...
I think he meant on the section (bridge, engineering, etc) screen before you clicked on the component; so you could tell at a glance if any were less that full level.

Personally I never found it much of an issue, but I guess not have to remember, or having to click through 8 or so components to check, might be a bit nicer. But I wonder if there's enough real estate on a phone screen to really do that well.

Return to Multimedia