Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The Secret Fleet on Android & PC

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
Re: The Secret Fleet on Android & PC
Post by clancy688   » Tue May 27, 2014 9:52 am

clancy688
Captain of the List

I didn't hit cancel either.
Post by Evergreen Studios   » Tue May 27, 2014 10:18 am

Evergreen Studios
Official Representative

Thanks guys, looking into it at our end. Definitely a server issue, problem is we'll have to track if it's ours or Google's. Strangely (given what they do for a living) Google Play is notoriously unreliable. :(
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Tue May 27, 2014 10:28 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

clancy688 wrote:I didn't hit cancel either.

But then it worked for you.

Evergreen Studios wrote:Thanks guys, looking into it at our end. Definitely a server issue, problem is we'll have to track if it's ours or Google's. Strangely (given what they do for a living) Google Play is notoriously unreliable. :(

Thank you guys. I really enjoy the gameplay. I think you have captured the basics of battles pretty well.
Obviuosly there are a lot of things that you cant incorporate into the game play that are missing, but great job on what you could get in! :D Thumbs way up!
Post by crewdude48   » Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

I love the game. My wife is already calling me addicted. I just have one question. Is there a "quit" button anywhere? The only way I have been able to close the game is to force close it from task manager. I feel that you should have an internal button that saves your data, and then closes the program. Am I just missing it somewhere?
Post by VFRHawk   » Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

VFRHawk
Ensign

Spacekiwi wrote:And its now installed on my phone and installing on my pc. thank you evergreen. :D

Likewise. Enjoying it so far. Seems to run fine under BlueStacks. Is that what you're using on your PC 'Kiwi?

Graham
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue May 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Hi everyone - my name is Jeff Litchford, I'm part of the development team at Idol Minds that is working on the Secret Fleet mobile game.

I've just signed on to the forum and look forward to talking with you about the game.

I'm going to do a quick read through the forum posts and see if there are any questions I can answer from a development point of view.

If you're having any issues with the game, feel free to respond to this or you can also directly email me at:
jlitchford@idolminds.com.

Side note - I was an Honor fan long before Evergreen commissioned us to work on this game. It was a struggle to try to stay faithful to the cannon and at the same time make a product that people not familiar with the universe would enjoy and understand. We've enjoyed every moment of working on this game and I look forward to continuing to share it with you.
Post by Duckk   » Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Welcome to the forums. I've kicked your rank up to Official Representative, if that's alright with you.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue May 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

Duckk wrote:Welcome to the forums. I've kicked your rank up to Official Representative, if that's alright with you.

Sounds great... you can fedex the shirt to my office! :D
Post by Idol Dev   » Tue May 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Idol Dev
Official Representative

How are Live Events going to work?

I'm really excited about Live Events and what they can mean for the game. In it's most basic form, a live event is content that is available for you to play for a limited time. It takes place away from the single player story, in it's own sector and it has unique loot that you can only earn by succeeding at the event.

Here are some specifics:
- the events will generally last 5-8 days long

- there will be multiple 'modes'. We've just launched the first event on Android and we're getting a new iOS build into test soon so those players will have them too.

- in Mode 1 (what I called Fleet Action), you get to choose Easy, Medium or Hard difficulty.

- once you've chosen that, you'll hyper jump off to a new sector. At the end of that sector is a particularly hard 'boss' ship. Defeat that ship and you have a random chance to earn the 'event specific component'. If you don't succeed, try again.

- you can play each difficulty to try to earn the component from each one. The rewards are rarities of the same component (ie, Easy = Rare, Medium = Very Rare, Hard = Legendary)

- if you die in one of the fights you are hyper jumped back to the single player story and have to start over.

- those boss fights are harder than anything else that we've built to this point. Not impossible, just more challenging.

- once the event ends, so does your chance to win that loot. Maybe we'll run the event again in the future, but for now it is over.

- The live events will be shut down for a couple of days and then we'll spool up the next one.

- at any point you'll be able to exit the live event and continue progress in the single player mission.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Idol Dev wrote:
How are Live Events going to work?

I'm really excited about Live Events and what they can mean for the game. In it's most basic form, a live event is content that is available for you to play for a limited time. It takes place away from the single player story, in it's own sector and it has unique loot that you can only earn by succeeding at the event.
Those do sound fun; thanks for sharing that.

If you don't mind elaborating (and I completely understand if you don't want to yet) what kind of unique loot are you all thinking of having for these?

Primarily just a super good version of an existing component?

Or hybrids that have the effects of more that one component (but presumably at a lower effect than the equivalent level dedicated components)?

Or something we haven't see before, that provides some ability or effect none of the current components do?

Return to Multimedia