Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

HonorCon Confirmed!!

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
Re: HonorCon Confirmed!!
Post by Rand al'Todd   » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Rand al'Todd
Midshipman

moonkist1 wrote:And...we're live! We have confirmation from the Hyatt in downtown Greenville, SC that they will be hosting out event on November 1 - 3rd.

I've nixed electric cars rigged out in laser tag gear driving for points through the lobby. Any one else have ideas of panels, people, or programming that they would like to see?

Thanks,
Gena
Co-Chair of the Mayhem :D

Long time fan. Live in G'ville area, willing to help wt con if needed. Are you taking volunteers?

Rand al'Todd
Post by pokermind   » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:37 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Rand al'Todd wrote:
moonkist1 wrote:And...we're live! We have confirmation from the Hyatt in downtown Greenville, SC that they will be hosting out event on November 1 - 3rd.

I've nixed electric cars rigged out in laser tag gear driving for points through the lobby. Any one else have ideas of panels, people, or programming that they would like to see?

Thanks,
Gena

Long time fan. Live in G'ville area, willing to help wt con if needed. Are you taking volunteers?

Rand al'Todd

Honorcon site is now up, http://honorcon.com/ has a listing on volunteering and e-mail address to do so, Rand al'Todd. Also registration and hotel info.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by moonkist1   » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

tmon wrote:Have you have a room price yet? And if a person doesn't stay in the hotel what about parking?

moonkist1 wrote:Okay, due to negotiation with the hotel, the date for HonorCon had to shift a week earlier. The Con will be held November 1 - 3, 2013, still at the Greenville Hyatt Downtown. Luckily, I think this is happening early enough that it shouldn't inconvenience anyone too much!

Gena
Co-chair of the mayhem
(Who is kicking herself for not waiting another week to start announcing the Con...)

The parking garage adjacent to the Con Hotel is a Greenville Public Garage that has a price of $6 per day and is open to everyone. The hotel rooms start at $129.00 for the HonorCon room block.

The www.honorcon.org website is live, should anyone want to visit!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Post by moonkist1   » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

moonkist1
Site Admin

Rand al'Todd wrote:

Thanks,
Gena

Rand al'Todd

Rand al'Todd -

You're hired!
Visit the contact page at www.honorcon.org and drop me a line including your contact information, and I'll get in touch soon!

Thank you!

Gena
Co-chair of the Mayhem
:)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
Lewis Carroll
Post by Spacekiwi   » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Dammit, if it weren't for the fact that im a university student, and its during my exams, i'd almost consider just hitching across the planet to go to it..... curse the lack of money!
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by tmon   » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:20 am

tmon
Ensign

You should update the room price on Honorcon site.

moonkist1 wrote:Okay, due to negotiation with the hotel, the date for HonorCon had to shift a week earlier. The Con will be held November 1 - 3, 2013, still at the Greenville Hyatt Downtown. Luckily, I think this is happening early enough that it shouldn't inconvenience anyone too much!

Gena
Co-chair of the mayhem
(Who is kicking herself for not waiting another week to start announcing the Con...)
[/quote]

The parking garage adjacent to the Con Hotel is a Greenville Public Garage that has a price of $6 per day and is open to everyone. The hotel rooms start at $129.00 for the HonorCon room block.

The http://www.honorcon.org website is live, should anyone want to visit![/quote]
Post by pokermind   » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

David tweeted about the limited VIP Memberships/XO Memberships registration:

David Weber ‏@davidweber1 wrote:
VIP Memberships/XO Memberships are limited to 12 and the proceeds go to HonorCon's chosen charity, Heroes for Children.

and:

David Weber ‏@davidweber1 wrote:
VIP Memberships include a private stateroom dinner with Sharon and I and much swag.

Gena let us know when these few tickets are sold out.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Lunan   » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Gena
Co-chair of the mayhem

so is Ringo gonna come on down for it?
Post by DanNeely   » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:56 pm

DanNeely
Ensign

Lunan wrote:so is Ringo gonna come on down for it?

I'm doubtful, at ~4 hours drive it's hardly local for him and aside from two shorts in one of the early anthologies he hasn't done anything in the Honorverse. And while another Prince Rodger book is supposedly in the work, unless it's actually out by then John won't have anything new (and relevant) to promote.

Also, November's getting into the cold weather when he writing starts kicking into high gear.
Post by Phalanx   » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Phalanx
Commander

First of all just want to say that I love those prices.

My wishlist would have to include a panel of the Ad Astra Guys, because I would like to see what they have for us next.

I would also add a panel about the Movie.
_

Return to Conventions