Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Guns, Guns Guns

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Guns, Guns Guns
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:19 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Another school shooting in my country, in Blagoveshensk. A "shy" student came into colledge with hunting rifle, bypassed the guard, and started to shoot other students.

Two victims dead, two injured. The murderer committed suicide. Still unclear, what driven him, but seems to be some personal conflicts and bulling.

Seems that even rather strict gun control coukd not completely stop such incidents...
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Joat42   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:56 am

Joat42
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:..snip..
In making this point, I have failed to address the fact that homicide rates among blacks vary widely from community to community. The proportion of people in a community who are black is strongly associated with higher crime and homicide rates. Cities such as Chicago, Detroit and Chicago that have a very large proportion of black people have the highest crime and homicide rates in the US. These communities have the lowest clearance rates and conviction rates. It isn't African genetics. In cities that have a small minority of black people, the homicide rate for blacks tends to be higher than for whites but it is still an order of magnitude lower than in predominantly black communities. It is the predominant African-American culture, not the genetics that is the problem.

You might want to check those figures. From the statistics I've seen those cities are in the average group compared to the rest of the large cities. For some reason they use absolute numbers when talking about Chicago but percentages when it's other cities.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Wrong.

To find data on homicide numbers for particular demographic groups within a particular jurisdiction, you need to access the FBI'S Supplementary Homicide Reports. You can then use census data to estimate homicide rates within the demographic groups for each jurisdiction.

I know that this is complicated, perhaps too complicated for you.

You explicitly said:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Cities such as Chicago, Detroit and Chicago that have a very large proportion of black people have the highest crime and homicide rates in the US

Why do for example St. Louis, Oakland, Baltimore and others have higher violent crime rates than Chicago then? And for non-violent crimes both Detroit and Chicago is in the middling compared to other US cities. Care to explain that discrepancy in your reasoning?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:35 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Only in America:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/2-dead-3- ... -in-russia

Oh wait. This was in Russia.
Was inconsequential compared to the Breslin massacre.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:37 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Dilandu wrote:Another school shooting in my country, in Blagoveshensk. A "shy" student came into colledge with hunting rifle, bypassed the guard, and started to shoot other students.

Two victims dead, two injured. The murderer committed suicide. Still unclear, what driven him, but seems to be some personal conflicts and bulling.

Seems that even rather strict gun control coukd not completely stop such incidents...

I posted a snarky comment before reading your post. My sympathies to you.
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
I posted a snarky comment before reading your post. My sympathies to you.

I understood. Thank you.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Why do for example St. Louis, Oakland, Baltimore and others have higher violent crime rates than Chicago then?

Because they are all in the same group: large cities ruled for decades by hard-left Democrats, all implementing similar leftist policies. You’re surprised they’ve all wound up in pretty much the same boat?
———————————
Nameless Minion: “Thor! Thor! They killed Loki!”
Thor: “Again?”
Post by Daryl   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:40 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

However all western developed countries have been under governments that are further left than US Democrats for decades, but have lower levels of violent crime in general, and gun crime in particular.
Imaginos1892 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Why do for example St. Louis, Oakland, Baltimore and others have higher violent crime rates than Chicago then?

Because they are all in the same group: large cities ruled for decades by hard-left Democrats, all implementing similar leftist policies. You’re surprised they’ve all wound up in pretty much the same boat?
———————————
Nameless Minion: “Thor! Thor! They killed Loki!”
Thor: “Again?”
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:07 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The US is almost unique because we have one large minority population that feels entitled to engage in violent crime because their ancestors were slaves and another large minority population that feels entitled to engage in violent crime because white Europeans invaded their continents.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:19 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The US is almost unique because we have one large minority population that feels entitled to engage in violent crime because their ancestors were slaves and another large minority population that feels entitled to engage in violent crime because white Europeans invaded their continents.

That doesn't explain why Jamaican immigrants to the US do not fit this stereotype. Jamaicans living here are much more likely to be prosperous even though they do live in those Dem-leftist controlled large cities and their ancestors were also slaves in the Americas.

I think it is much more a matter of an ethnic group practicing habits that promote prosperity. Ethnic Asians and Nigerians are further examples of minority groups practicing habits that promote prosperity.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:

And I'm sure you can back that statement up with facts...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Politics