Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

...then again the horse might learn to sing!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
...then again the horse might learn to sing!
Post by Arol   » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:15 am

Arol
Captain of the List

As much as I detest the man, Little Boris Johnson has done it again!
He’s managed to “have his cake and eat it too”!
Yes, he’s resigned as head of the British Conservative Party, but is remaining as Prime Minister for a couple of months. Why???
There’s an old fable of a thief who was sentenced to be executed, but was able to convince the King that he would be able to teach his favorite horse to sing within a year!
When tasked by his fellow prisoners the impossibility of his task, the thief said quite plainly:
“I’ve gotten a year’s stay of execution, and in a year anything might happen. The king might die, I might die, the horse might die…or who knows the horse might learn to sing!!!”
Little Boris is if nothing else an opportunist, and here’s he’s now got a couple of months remaining as Prime Minister, with Parliament in a two month summer recess.
Re: ...then again the horse might learn to sing!
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:24 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Arol wrote:As much as I detest the man, Little Boris Johnson has done it again!
Yes, he’s resigned as head of the British Conservative Party, but is remaining as Prime Minister for a couple of months. Why???
There’s an old fable of a thief who was sentenced to be executed, but was able to convince the King that he would be able to teach his favorite horse to sing within a year!
When tasked by his fellow prisoners the impossibility of his task, the thief said quite plainly:
“I’ve gotten a year’s stay of execution, and in a year anything might happen. The king might die, I might die, the horse might die…or who knows the horse might learn to sing!!!”
Little Boris is if nothing else an opportunist, and here’s he’s now got a couple of months remaining as Prime Minister, with Parliament in a two month summer recess.

agreed :x :cry: :evil:

and even if he is restrained, many of the likely new PM candidates are mad bat shit crazy loons or idealogues, and pretty much all of them supported/enabled him and his corrosive lies and deceptions. not a wonderfull prospect.
Re: ...then again the horse might learn to sing!
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:25 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:
Arol wrote:As much as I detest the man, Little Boris Johnson has done it again!

agreed :x :cry: :evil:

and even if he is restrained, many of the likely new PM candidates are mad bat shit crazy loons or idealogues, and pretty much all of them supported/enabled him and his corrosive lies and deceptions. not a wonderfull prospect.

well - sadly I was right... just listening to the Covid enquiry and the revalations therein makes me grind my teeth again and again.

this bunch of Brexiters is either:
- deeply corrupt
- deeply incompetant
- deeply bone idle
[some combination of the above]

Return to Politics