Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine
Post by n7axw   » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:20 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Arol wrote:https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-europe-moscow-2e4e1cf784f22b6afbe5a2f936725550

Putting his nukes on alert, now that sucks really big time!!! :shock:
:twisted: Anyone see the similarity to another crazed “Furher” cowering in his bunker, willing to take anyone and everything down with him, rather then be forced to admit he screwed the pooch!!! :twisted:

I'm afraid that what Putin is doing here means that he isn't doing as well as he hoped. So he turns up the threat level. What he is expecting to do with nukes is unclear.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Arol   » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:21 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:
Arol wrote:https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-europe-moscow-2e4e1cf784f22b6afbe5a2f936725550

Putting his nukes on alert, now that sucks really big time!!! :shock:
:twisted: Anyone see the similarity to another crazed “Furher” cowering in his bunker, willing to take anyone and everything down with him, rather then be forced to admit he screwed the pooch!!! :twisted:

I'm afraid that what Putin is doing here means that he isn't doing as well as he hoped. So he turns up the threat level. What he is expecting to do with nukes is unclear.

Don

-

Hell it may just be good old sabre rattling, but then again with this loony tunes who knows!
I saw a CNN interview with Chess Master Gary Kasparov, where he characterized Putin as poker player who has built his entire career on bluff.
Well, this time his bluff was called! Big time!!!
First NATO/USA gave his two ultimatums the finger.
After which I guess that the current war can be described as the Ukraine telling Putin what he can do with his demand that they disarm!
Somehow I don’t see him as a good looser!
Post by Daryl   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:33 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Didn't an author once write a novel called "A Short Victorious War"?
How'd that turn out?
Post by n7axw   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:30 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Didn't an author once write a novel called "A Short Victorious War"?
How'd that turn out?

Neither short nor victorious... :ugeek:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by isaac_newton   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:36 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:Didn't an author once write a novel called "A Short Victorious War"?
How'd that turn out?

haha - see my thread in the Honorverse forum :D

however that thread went in a completely unexpected direction, I must say. :roll:

I was particularly struck by RFC's use of a quote from one Russian Minister [in 1903] to another on the cover page! That seemed particularly relevent.

let us all hope that it was really precient too!
[in the sense of being the cause of the downfall of the empire - but not 15 years later!!!]

PS hoping for the failure of the current kleptocracy, not the hurt of the Russian people!!
Last edited by isaac_newton on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Arol   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:43 am

Arol
Captain of the List

As it seems that Putin’s current game plan isn’t going exactly as planned, there are still moves he could make to break the Ukrainian’s.
Terror!!!
Use of the same tactics that Russia used in Chechnya, indiscriminate carpet bombings, massed artillery barrages, letting loose the Chechen units. :twisted: But most ominous, use the thermobaric missile batteries that have been observed entering the Ukraine from Russia. A truly horrific weapon designed to lay down a cloud of vapor over a given area, and then ignites the cloud. Those those caught in the blast area if not incinerated will have the the very oxygen sucked out of their lungs. :twisted:
Or simply by laying siege to their bigger cities, and starving the population out!
Not the first time Russia has resorted to this weapon when dealing with the Ukraine!
The Ukrainian’s have a word that denotes it: Holodomor meaning: Genocide by starvation!!!
Back in the ‘30’s Russia’s Stalin decided that the peasant class of the Ukraine was to be eliminated. Literally!!!
Quickly realizing that using bullets was cost inefficient and messy, it was decided to let them starve to death! It’s still debated about how many millions of Ukrainians died, but the estimate is around 4-7 million. Some by executions, some in labour camps, gulags, but most simply by starvation and neglect!
The Russian’s aren’t simply fighting Ukrainian’s enraged at the current invasion. They are fighting a people, who in living memory know what it means to be a vassal of Russia. A people who have probably heard family stories, of dead family members who were killed or starved to death,
It does give some explanation to some of the motivation for fierce resistance they are putting up.
Post by Daryl   » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:23 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

A few years ago pre Covid, I was lucky enough to travel in the Baltics. A common thread talking to them was vivid memories of the Soviet occupation. I gained the impression that they would fight to the last grandma to prevent it happening again.
Post by Arol   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Apparently the demands by the Russian contingent at the Armistice talks were just a repetition of Putin’s:
Ukrainian neutrality. In other words an aggressor state telling its victim it won’t be allowed to seek aid.
Disarmament. There’s a quote often attributed to Ben Franklin that’s quite apt here:
Those who beat their swords into plowshares,
usually end up plowing for those who didn’t!

Well the Ukrainians apparently feel that they have already spent sufficient generations yoked to the Russian plow, and aren’t anxious to repeat the experience.
Then there’s the new one: “de-Nazification” of the Ukrainian political leadership. That’s Russian new-speak for regime change!
That’s really a low blow, even for Russian propagandists! :twisted:
Playing the “Nazi” card against a Russian-speaking Ukrainian Jew!!!
Regarding information/propaganda. Just prior to the current invasion a media talking head stationed in Moscow, was remarking how it felt like an alternate reality, when comparing the news streams from both sides of the conflict.
Well there’s a way we all can try to experience an alternate reality.
Simply go in on TASS’s home page.
I did, it’s surreal! :roll:
Post by Taras_Potatos   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:58 pm

Taras_Potatos
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

You're damn right it didn't go as planned for khuilo and his bunch of barbarians.

You should check this article. Most likely it was scheduled for publication in advance and forgotten. Then Ukrainians have messed up invaders' plans and everything went down the drain from the aggressor's perspective. But the queue was never changed. ruSSian propaganda site RIA NEWS (РІА НОВОСТИ) has published this piece of work, then realized what they have done, and quickly removed this crap from their website. But waybackmachine was able to snapshot this sick man's delirium dream.

So here is the link for the snapshot in ruSSian for those who can read in this language:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220226051 ... 62336.html

And here is the translation:

https://www.craft.do/s/xCYMgIK4mW0wgt

Enjoy your reading.

And also you should know that all the support whether on personal or on State level, either material or psychological is very important for all of us here.
Post by clancy688   » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:15 pm

clancy688
Captain of the List

If you wanna know why the Russians are bogged down, I recommend this podcast: https://warontherocks.com/2022/02/inter ... inian-war/

I'm also quite struck by how many tropes out of my usual military science fiction literature I'm recognizing in this war. I'd have thought that most of those are more or less fiction, but alas, not... the short victorious war thingy which was already mentioned is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Return to Politics