Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine
Post by Arol   » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:00 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Apparently The League of Autocrats isn’t entirely in lock-step with Russia. :D
Can’t say one can blame them; they might be next! :twisted:
https://cepa.org/kazakhstan-thumbs-its-nose-at-putin/
Post by n7axw   » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:01 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

On another subject. I read an article a while back, I think in the Economist. We now have Putin's real motives laid bare...

His war in Ukraine is a resource war. Ukraine is rich in oil and natural gas and Putin is currently sitting on most of it. This in turn becomes the real reason that Ukraine can't negotiate. Doing so would leave the rest of the country resource poor.

Maybe you guys were aware of this. But I sure wasn't. Sorry about not posting earlier, but life intervened.

Don

_
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Arol   » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:03 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Erdogan must feel right at home with these two! :roll:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-tehran ... operation/
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:18 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Arol wrote:Erdogan must feel right at home with these two! :roll:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-tehran ... operation/

Defo something in that. 'Birds of a feather' and all that.

That talk of drones in particular is not good.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:11 pm

Joat42
Admiral

n7axw wrote:On another subject. I read an article a while back, I think in the Economist. We now have Putin's real motives laid bare...

His war in Ukraine is a resource war. Ukraine is rich in oil and natural gas and Putin is currently sitting on most of it. This in turn becomes the real reason that Ukraine can't negotiate. Doing so would leave the rest of the country resource poor.

Maybe you guys were aware of this. But I sure wasn't. Sorry about not posting earlier, but life intervened.

Don

I think I mentioned this particular reason in an earlier post. It's much cheaper to extract oil/gas in a temperate climate, I think the EROI (Energy Return On Investment, ie input 1 unit of energy, get X energy out) for the Siberian oil/gas fields are at 3-5 which is extremely low.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:31 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
n7axw wrote:On another subject. I read an article a while back, I think in the Economist. We now have Putin's real motives laid bare...

Don

I think I mentioned this particular reason in an earlier post. It's much cheaper to extract oil/gas in a temperate climate, I think the EROI (Energy Return On Investment, ie input 1 unit of energy, get X energy out) for the Siberian oil/gas fields are at 3-5 which is extremely low.

Of course, to compliment that truth - that is the real issue that Putin would have to somehow protect said sites, pipes & associated infrastructure from long range shelling - oil/gas extraction plant is not easy to hide - and I imagine it goes 'boom' very easily, and that would be immensily satisfying to an outraged Ukraine.

Just saying it belongs to Russia without a true peace - hmmm, well I dont think many companies would risk capital & people on that hope!

Controlling the land surface does not guarantee extraction!!!
Post by Arol   » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:53 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

The Ukraine and Russians to resume corn and wheat shipments!

Is it being cynical and/or skeptical to be suspicious of Russians “bearing gifts”? :roll:
There were the “humanitarian corridors” that were either mined, or came under fierce artillery bombardment!
Or, there were the “safe ones” that led into Russia.
Giving those fleeing the choice between “the devil or the deep blue sea”!

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 022-07-21/
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:45 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Am I the only one to sense that the tide has turned in Ukraine's favor?

Also, is a full mobilization even possible for Russia? They have frittered away so much of their modern weaponry that it seems to me that mobilizing people wouldn't do them much good...

Don

_
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:15 pm

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Joat42 wrote:

Don

I heard that before Putin originally started the war in 2014 the EU had recently agreed a deal with Ukraine to explore and exploit those gas fields in eastern Ukraine and near the Crimean coast. That would have a) meant economic competition for Russia but more importantly b) made Europe independent of Russian gas. Meaning Putin would have lost his leverage with the EU and Ukraine. This supposedly was one of his reasons for the invasion.
Post by Arol   » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:02 am

Arol
Captain of the List

It took less than 24 hours for the Russians to violate the agreement not to target ports where grain and other foodstuffs could be shipped out!
The curious thing is that the “TASS” link even mentions the ports that will be exempt from bombardments; including Odessa!
It will be interesting to see how the Kremlin’s talking heads will justify breaking and agreement less than 24 hours after they signed it. :twisted:

https://www.republicworld.com/world-new ... eshow.html
https://tass.com/economy/1483883

Return to Politics