Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:01 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Arol wrote:Well Erdogan got his pound of flesh!
Vague promises from Finland/Sweden to combat Kurdish extremism in their countries

AFAIK there aren't any Kurdish extremism in either Sweden or Finland. My guess is that Erdogan will use that as an excuse in an effort to go after Kurds in Sweden/Finland somehow, it wouldn't be the first time he has used other countries laws to go after people or groups he dislikes.

Addendum: Any Kurds speaking their mind about Erdogan is something he views as Kurdish extremism btw.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Arol   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Joat42 wrote:
Vague promises from Finland/Sweden to combat Kurdish extremism in their countries

AFAIK there aren't any Kurdish extremism in either Sweden or Finland. My guess is that Erdogan will use that as an excuse in an effort to go after Kurds in Sweden/Finland somehow, it wouldn't be the first time he has used other countries laws to go after people or groups he dislikes.

Addendum: Any Kurds speaking their mind about Erdogan is something he views as Kurdish extremism btw.

Why I qualified it with :D “vague”!
Kind ‘a hard to combat what doesn’t exist! ;)
You got to hope the NATO council kicks into overdrive and process the applications, before the huckster ups his demands!
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:23 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

v interesting youtube presentation on the impact of corruption in military context - esp wrt Russian army...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9i47sgi-V4

also a long twitter thread on corruption in RArmy [different author]
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1531716422220632067
Post by Arol   » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Joat42 wrote:

You certainly hit that spot on!
Not even a couple of days have passed, and already Erdogan is laying the foundation for him to be able to renege on his agreement for Sweden/Finland’s joining NATO!
The Kurds that he demand extradited to Turkey have in the least acquired political asylum; in some cases citizenship and in one case even been elected into Parliament.
He’s got to know that rescinding their asylum; and in some cases citizenship, would cause a political and legal maelstrom in both countries.
I don’t know about Sweden/Finland, but here in Denmark the cases could drag on for years in the courts.
One can only hope that it’s simply another bargaining ploy from the huckster to gain some achievable demand!
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/3 ... l-promises
Post by Arol   » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:07 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Done and done!
The Accession Protocols that will permit Finland and Sweden to join the NATO alliance has been finalized; and may Putin the Putz choke on it!
All that remains is for the member countries parliaments to ratify it, something that’s should be simply pro forma, and yet there’s a fly in that ointment called Turkey!
Yes Erdogan has signed off on it, but that said he is still demanding the extradition of Kurds resident in the two countries!
He can still have his rubber-stamp parliament vote down ratification. Then you’d have this Autocrat crying crocodile tears, waving his hands in the air and decrying that he is forced to obey the “democratic” wishes of his people!
Essentially having his cake and eating it too!

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_197763.htm
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:13 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I saw on utube last night via the us daily brief that Russia has run out equipment that can be used for offensive ops.mThey probably have enough left to defend themselves, at least for now... If true, what are the implications for Ukrainian ops?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Arol   » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:I saw on utube last night via the us daily brief that Russia has run out equipment that can be used for offensive ops.mThey probably have enough left to defend themselves, at least for now... If true, what are the implications for Ukrainian ops?

Don

-

If (Big If!) the Russians are having re-supply logistical problems (Again! :lol: ), it should give the Ukrainians more time to receive further outside weapon supplies; and just as important re-loads.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/w ... ar-AAZn5vL

Not just that it will also give the Ukrainians Armed Forces a chance to gain proficiency in the usage of their new western weapon types. Great Britain has received the first units of what is expected to number around 10,000 that will go through training.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:48 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Arol wrote:
n7axw wrote:I saw on utube last night via the us daily brief that Russia has run out equipment that can be used for offensive ops.mThey probably have enough left to defend themselves, at least for now... If true, what are the implications for Ukrainian ops?

Don

-

If (Big If!) the Russians are having re-supply logistical problems (Again! :lol: ), it should give the Ukrainians more time to receive further outside weapon supplies; and just as important re-loads.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/w ... ar-AAZn5vL

Not just that it will also give the Ukrainians Armed Forces a chance to gain proficiency in the usage of their new western weapon types. Great Britain has received the first units of what is expected to number around 10,000 that will go through training.

That post was based on a utube blip from US Daily Brief. I haven't been able to confirm it. So be cautious of it...

I don't think there is any questions about Russia's supply issues. Do you have any idea on how long the training period for those Ukrainians in Britian is going to take?

Gotta go. Will post more later...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Arol   » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:20 am

Arol
Captain of the List

[quote="n7axw"

That post was based on a utube blip from US Daily Brief. I haven't been able to confirm it. So be cautious of it...

I don't think there is any questions about Russia's supply issues. Do you have any idea on how long the training period for those Ukrainians in Britian is going to take?

Gotta go. Will post more later...

Don

[/quote]
According to the link the 10,000 will be spending a couple of months in Merry Ol’ England!
That plus, there’s the link that says senior rank Ukrainian officers are getting advanced training at Ft. Leavenworth Kansas.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62102451
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62001336
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:47 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Another v interesting & serious youtube analysis from Perun on artilliary usage in Ukraine. His other videos are very authoritative and scholarly pieces of work - no gung ho stuff.

He mostly comes from the logistics perspectives [thus warming RFC's heart!! :D ]

This is only a couple of day old so it includes discussion of Himars and russian ammo dump hits amonst other things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMEpxX7rS5I

Return to Politics