Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 55 guests

Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Russian “False-Flag” operations in the Ukraine
Post by n7axw   » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:56 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I'm sure that Arol can speak more knowledgeably on this than I can but my take from many sources is that.
Russia is now somewhat unique among countries in the area in that it culturally is back in the 1950s, due to a restricted information flow.
When the population appears to accept an argument that Ukraine is run by NAZIs backed by Zionists, western liberals, and gays; credibility is stretched, seeing as how the real NAZIs killed those people by the millions.
When the mighty Russian war machine grinds to a halt with flat bald tyres, with their money for replacements seemingly being spent on $900 M pleasure yachts.
When the population seems to believe that it is ethical to invade a neighbouring country and kill lots of people, as the country shouldn't exist, with the population really being Russians (albeit second class ones).
When the society internally still believes that gays should be illegal, and political dissent shouldn't be tolerated.

Sort of sounds like about a third of the American electorate right now....

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:30 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Many people feared having Biden at the helm if war broke out. Thing is, many more people feared having Trump at the helm even more, especially in matters involving Russia.

Anyone think Putin feels Biden is a pushover, and his move toward Ukraine is a way to get concessions? Anyone think Trump may still be in contact with Putin? After all, this mess with Russia and the Ukraine could make Biden look weak.

I have to say that I think Biden has done pretty well - certainly had Trump been in command, Z would be in Kyiv by now.

Certainly Biden could do more I think... but easy to stand on the side lines and heckle without knowledge.

on a side note RFC's famous quote 'amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics' came up in this interesting & hopeful CNN article "What images of Russian trucks say about its military's struggles in Ukraine"
[url]
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/14/euro ... index.html[/url]
Post by Joat42   » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:22 pm

Joat42
Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:
cthia wrote:Many people feared having Biden at the helm if war broke out. Thing is, many more people feared having Trump at the helm even more, especially in matters involving Russia.

Anyone think Putin feels Biden is a pushover, and his move toward Ukraine is a way to get concessions? Anyone think Trump may still be in contact with Putin? After all, this mess with Russia and the Ukraine could make Biden look weak.

I have to say that I think Biden has done pretty well - certainly had Trump been in command, Z would be in Kyiv by now.

Certainly Biden could do more I think... but easy to stand on the side lines and heckle without knowledge.

on a side note RFC's famous quote 'amateurs talk strategy, professionals talk logistics' came up in this interesting & hopeful CNN article "What images of Russian trucks say about its military's struggles in Ukraine"
[url]
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/14/euro ... index.html[/url]

It was General Omar Bradley who said it, RFC may have repeated it on occasion.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Arol   » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:28 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:I'm sure that Arol can speak more knowledgeably on this than I can but my take from many sources is that.
Russia is now somewhat unique among countries in the area in that it culturally is back in the 1950s, due to a restricted information flow.
When the population appears to accept an argument that Ukraine is run by NAZIs backed by Zionists, western liberals, and gays; credibility is stretched, seeing as how the real NAZIs killed those people by the millions.
When the mighty Russian war machine grinds to a halt with flat bald tyres, with their money for replacements seemingly being spent on $900 M pleasure yachts.
When the population seems to believe that it is ethical to invade a neighbouring country and kill lots of people, as the country shouldn't exist, with the population really being Russians (albeit second class ones).
When the society internally still believes that gays should be illegal, and political dissent shouldn't be tolerated.

What a dystopic and bleak society you describe, unfortunately what is even more bleak is how spot on it is!
Add to the pot, it’s also a country racked by rampant paranoid tendencies regarding foreign incursions.
Though when you look closely at those “incursions” how often they seemed to come out to the advantage of Russia.
That once the smoke had cleared Russia emerged stronger and larger than before.
Case in point: WWII!
Yes, Russia lost millions of its citizens, but does anyone really believe that Stalin and his cohorts cared one whit; behind their crocodile tears, about the losses! The war had gained them suzerainty over Eastern Europe,
The tendencies are still there, to be used and exacerbated by a cynical ruling elite.
This whether it was the old USSR’s Politburo who had it easier: after all: they were protecting the workers of the world from the evil capitalists! :P
Putin has had it tougher, he’s has to reach into the “Godwin” bag to pull out something that is anathema to all Russians: “Nazi’s”!!!
The second RIA document said it all; yes I know it was a lousy translation, but it couldn’t distort the fact that it was from a Russian source and meant for a domestic audience. The fact that it contained the word “Nazi” included in some form or other around 100 times was more than coincidence.
Dehumanizing and an demonizing ones opponents or enemies is nothing new, Putin has simply gone to the extreme of putting all his into one bag: gays, liberals etc. and calling them Nazi’s and their enablers!
Post by Daryl   » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:29 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Apparently Russia now has a new submarine. A 12,000 ton missile armed one?
Post by Arol   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:30 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

A couple of weeks ago the Russian military at Mariupol issued an ultimatum (it was rejected!) that essentially said “surrender or starve”. A rider to the ultimatum threatened trial by a Military Tribunal if it was disregarded!
The latest ultimatum (also rejected!) is much simpler: Surrender or Die!
Not much choice facing the last defenders of Mariupol: face the Tribunal, with a bullet in the back of the head for “consorting” with terrorists, or go down fighting!
That’s what’s facing the combatants.
There’s also the 100,000 odd non-combatants still remaining in the town? Townspeople who by now have heard of the atrocities in Bucha and the towns around Irpin.
The best they can hope for is being sent to a “filtration” camp. A Russian concept that came into its own during the Chechen wars as a means of detaining recalcitrant non-combatants; where the Russian Chechen variety were known for brutality, torture, rape and random executions.
I guess that the terms concentration camps and gulags have too much of a negative connotation!
This is just the 100,000 from Mariupol, there is also the around 500,000 Ukrainians who have fled into Russia to avoid the Russian bombardment of their towns!!!
Does any else see the macabre in this situation?
People forced to flee into the very hands of those who are bombarding their homes, and killing their fellow Ukrainians!

https://europe-cities.com/2022/04/11/ru ... -denisova/
Post by Panzer   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:33 pm

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:It does seem to me that unless you do have those counters available, tanks are still effective. Ukraine seems to have rather more of them than the Russians which would make Ukrainian tanks more effective in present conflict because of lower probability of being knocked out.

I think you might like Nicholas Moran's video about the state of the tank.

It is not as obsolete as people think.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:35 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Panzer wrote:
n7axw wrote:It does seem to me that unless you do have those counters available, tanks are still effective. Ukraine seems to have rather more of them than the Russians which would make Ukrainian tanks more effective in present conflict because of lower probability of being knocked out.

I think you might like Nicholas Moran's video about the state of the tank.

It is not as obsolete as people think.

I just listened to a video by The Chieftain on u tube which made the same point rather convincingly.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Panzer   » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:35 am

Panzer
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:I just listened to a video by The Chieftain on u tube which made the same point rather convincingly.

Don

-

Nicholas Moran is his real name.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:47 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Panzer wrote:
n7axw wrote:I just listened to a video by The Chieftain on u tube which made the same point rather convincingly.

Don

-

Nicholas Moran is his real name.

Probably unwise to post his name in a public forum... I know that some of these people receive threats from those who disagree with the point of their videos. I follow TIK and he has. Best to leave that choice to them. It's a goofy, dangerous world out there.

Don

-

Return to Politics