Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

A roundup of american conservative priorities

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
A roundup of american conservative priorities
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:49 am

The E
Admiral

Let's list them all!

Vetting the stage design at CPAC to not make any unwanted references to literal actual Nazis?
Not one of them!

Pretending that a publisher's decision not to publish works that weren't selling and that show that the author, at some point, held some rather racist views is government censorship, thereby boosting sales and thus revenue for that publisher?
Yep, that's one!

Lifting COVID restrictions so that covid can be blamed on immigrants and the federal government?
Sure sounds like a priority to me!

Making sure that the evil transgender people do not ruin sports, despite a marked lack of evidence that this is actually happening or, for that matter, a problem?
Yep, you guessed it

Also not a priority:
* Global climate change
* Covid relief
* Fixing health care
* Actually provide some benefits to people who are making less than median wage
* Creating a party platform that can actually win elections
Re: A roundup of american conservative priorities
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:56 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:Making sure that the evil transgender people do not ruin sports, despite a marked lack of evidence that this is actually happening or, for that matter, a problem?

I would take issue with the "evil" bit (good and evil is disconnected from trans, same as it is disconnected from if someone has spiky hair or flat hair), but there have already been a few incidents. For one such example, I direct you to the Women's Powerlifiting where the Male-to-female Tansitioning Mary Gregory shattered the World Records, only for the new records to be removed after complex questions about gender-linked biological differences were asked.

The two most obvious solutions are either to -
1) Introduce new categories such as Male-to-Female and Female-to-Male so that those whose birth-sex does not match their Gender can compete against those similar to them.
2) Remove any and all gender restrictions to let men and women compete on a truly equal basis. Disability restrictions can also be removed under this option.

Simply ignoring the issues may lead to the return of the Stereotypical Russian Shotput Lady phenomenon, except using transitioning rather than doping to seize advantage.

Out of interest, are there still rules banning women from playing in the traditionally-male professional Baseball and American Football leagues?
- If not, then how many women have blazed a trail into the sports in question?
- If there are rules, then given the modern outlook on these matters... why do they still remain?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:53 pm

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:For one such example, I direct you to the Women's Powerlifiting where the Male-to-female Tansitioning Mary Gregory shattered the World Records, only for the new records to be removed after complex questions about gender-linked biological differences were asked.

The two most obvious solutions are either to -
1) Introduce new categories such as Male-to-Female and Female-to-Male so that those whose birth-sex does not match their Gender can compete against those similar to them.
2) Remove any and all gender restrictions to let men and women compete on a truly equal basis. Disability restrictions can also be removed under this option.

And what, pray tell, does that have to do college sports.

Like, I can kinda sorta see the argument you're making here, even though I think it's stupid and unnecessary, but this isn't about professional athletes.

Also, think about this: all that's happening here is that legislation like this creates a class of athlete that is not allowed to compete normally for fear that they are somehow inherently better at a sport than another athlete.

Which, if you think about it, really is absurd: The fact that there are better athletes out there shouldn't be such a shock that there needs to be legislation to keep the less capable athletes happy.

Simply ignoring the issues may lead to the return of the Stereotypical Russian Shotput Lady phenomenon, except using transitioning rather than doping to seize advantage.

Are you, even to the smallest degree, aware of the stupidity of that claim?

Noone, I repeat, not a single person, is going to go through all the pain and hardship involved in transitioning in order to win at sports.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

May I put forth an article by the Guardian citing a study on trans-athletes which suggests that the recommended adjustment period (2 years) may be too short.

The article in question.

The Guardian is a left-wing social-progressive newspaper which is independently funded. If it says that trans-athletes may have a possibly unfair advantage over non-trans athletes, at least some contemplation and further investigation is warranted.

The E wrote:Also, think about this: all that's happening here is that legislation like this creates a class of athlete that is not allowed to compete normally for fear that they are somehow inherently better at a sport than another athlete.

Which, if you think about it, really is absurd: The fact that there are better athletes out there shouldn't be such a shock that there needs to be legislation to keep the less capable athletes happy.

I totally agree with the point that you have made. Legislation to separate Men's and Women's sports is a Bad Thing. Let us just have Athletes and Competitors without any of the Gender Split/Reassignment nonsense that is constantly destabilizing things. We don't need any of that to keep the less capable athletes happy. It is unfair to women to separate them from the men with the attendant implication that they are unable to hold their own. There should be no "Men's Sports" and "Women's Sports", just "Sports".
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

All of this is certainly establishing that in the middle of a national emergency pandemic situation this should be the focus of one of the two major political parties in the US... while they simultaneously actively sabotage the response to said pandemic. :roll:
Post by Senior Chief   » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

I find it interesting that the title of this thread is generated out of Germany.

How about a thread; "A roundup of American Liberal Priorities"? or perhaps "American Libertarian Priorities?"
Post by n7axw   » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:03 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:I find it interesting that the title of this thread is generated out of Germany.

How about a thread; "A roundup of American Liberal Priorities"? or perhaps "American Libertarian Priorities?"

Go ahead and start a thread like that, Senior Chief. But if you do, please participate rather than crapping out on us.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by The E   » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:35 am

The E
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:I find it interesting that the title of this thread is generated out of Germany.

Oh, please do, it'll be fun!

Especially the part where you leave the thread in a huff over your inability to explain why not raising the minimum wage is good, actually.
Or when you can't quite find the logical hook to explain how it is necessary to make participation in democracy harder for legitimate citizens because there might be voter fraud somewhere.
Post by Arol   » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

The E wrote:...Or when you can't quite find the logical hook to explain how it is necessary to make participation in democracy harder for legitimate citizens because there might be voter fraud somewhere.

It seems to be a coming fad!
In Hong Kong the CCP is introducing legislation that will prevent anyone not a “patriot” (read: CCP lickspittles), from running for public office.
In the US, a number of State Legislatures are promoting bills that would curtail certain segments of their populations from exercising their rights to vote.
In both instances it seems that the powers-that-be are taking their cues from the same play book!
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:07 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Arol wrote:In the US, a number of State Legislatures are promoting bills that would curtail certain segments of their populations from exercising their rights to vote.

Only those segments that do not have a right to vote in the first place, because:

1. They are not U.S. citizens
2. They are not residents of that state
3. They are being punished for committing violent crimes
4. They are dead
5. They are fictitious, or
6. They are voting multiple times in the same election

If none of those frauds are indeed being committed, why all the screaming about implementing measures to prevent them? Why the big push to nationalize election fraud with H.R. 1?
———————————
Grandpa voted Republican until the day he died — but he's been voting Democrat ever since.

Return to Politics