Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Covid News

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Covid News
Post by Arol   » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:I was surprised that we got it as soon as we did. This is a little backwater of about 450 people. Sue had an appointment with Dr in Sioux Falls and he made a comment that rural communities were actually progressing faster than urban ones here in SD. Fewer people easier to deal with I guess.

Otherwise it is an enormous relief to have normal, capable grownups back in control with their hand on the levers of power. I have been sleeping better knowing that we have relatively honest man who is trying to the right thing sitting in the Oval Office. Hopefully it will make a world of difference.

Don

-

Might sound a bit strange coming from an agnostic to a retired pastor, but if it was ever appropriate this is the time, “From your lips to Gods ear”! ;)
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The US is FINALLY making masks mandatory and threatens to arrest idiots who rather jeopardize everyone else by not wearing them. The brainwashed Trump idiots.

Rant time. I like sports like the next guy. Superbowl Sunday is coming up and I aim to watch. But I do not understand why sports has not been cancelled around the globe. Is football above the safety of the planet? Especially when new cases on each team continues. I am embarrassed for America's entire handling of the pandemic. Albeit, we elected an unsympathetic, incompetent idiot for President.

China is coming out on top, and their economy is prospering. Of course, they had practice wearing masks for years beforehand. I applaud Biden for coming out and making the tough calls. And someone, please... Lock Trump's ass up! I hear you Hillary!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:19 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:The US is FINALLY making masks mandatory and threatens to arrest idiots who rather jeopardize everyone else by not wearing them. The brainwashed Trump idiots.

Rant time. I like sports like the next guy. Superbowl Sunday is coming up and I aim to watch. But I do not understand why sports has not been cancelled around the globe. Is football above the safety of the planet? Especially when new cases on each team continues. I am embarrassed for America's entire handling of the pandemic. Albeit, we elected an unsympathetic, incompetent idiot for President.

China is coming out on top, and their economy is prospering. Of course, they had practice wearing masks for years beforehand. I applaud Biden for coming out and making the tough calls. And someone, please... Lock Trump's ass up! I hear you Hillary!

Actually the only place Biden can legally require masks is on federal property which, of course, has been done.

Trump is going to get his day in court. The only question is how long it's going to take.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by ZVar   » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:42 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:Actually the only place Biden can legally require masks is on federal property which, of course, has been done.

Trump is going to get his day in court. The only question is how long it's going to take.

Don

-

While true about where Biden can require masks, he can also do what the federal government has been doing for the last 100 years at least. He can withhold federal funding until he gets his way.

Also I do hope Trump gets his day in court, because that means he's likely going to jail. Unfortunately I seriously doubt he will ever be charged for his numerous crimes he's committed.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ZVar wrote:
n7axw wrote:Actually the only place Biden can legally require masks is on federal property which, of course, has been done.

Don

-

While true about where Biden can require masks, he can also do what the federal government has been doing for the last 100 years at least. He can withhold federal funding until he gets his way.

Also I do hope Trump gets his day in court, because that means he's likely going to jail. Unfortunately I seriously doubt he will ever be charged for his numerous crimes he's committed.

Ditto. He can mandate it everywhere, nationwide. He just can't enforce it, except by other means.

It is also mandated on all public forms of transportation. Planes, trains, buses, and subways.

In my state of NC, they are now mandatory until Feb. 28 for anyone over the age of 5 in ALL indoor spaces where someone from another household is present, regardless of physical distancing. And outdoors if 6 feet cannot be maintained.

At any rate, I do believe the President can require it EVERYWHERE if national security is at risk. Enforcing it is another matter.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:11 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

When it comes to sport, it can be done.

Pretty sure the recent Sumo Basho, and the upcoming Australian Open are being looked at as Olympic test runs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:When it comes to sport, it can be done.

Pretty sure the recent Sumo Basho, and the upcoming Australian Open are being looked at as Olympic test runs.

Wish I could be there for the Aussie Open. Serena Williams and Naomi Osaka.

Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:03 pm

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Bluesqueak wrote:
Not much chance, no. The UK has paid for 100 million AZ vaccines upfront in a binding agreement that predates the EU one by several months. While AstraZeneca can use the UK plants to supply other countries, the UK contract specifically states that this is only after that first 100 million. Plus, as you say, it’s kind of a national emergency situation. How can we justify diverting vaccines (that we have legally bought and paid for) from vulnerable people in the UK when we’d be sending them to countries with nowhere near our rate of deaths?

technical question... I'm pretty that the AZ-EU contract has been published. not so sure about the AZ-UK contract?
Post by Bluesqueak   » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:52 am

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

isaac_newton wrote:
Bluesqueak wrote:
Not much chance, no. The UK has paid for 100 million AZ vaccines upfront in a binding agreement that predates the EU one by several months. While AstraZeneca can use the UK plants to supply other countries, the UK contract specifically states that this is only after that first 100 million. Plus, as you say, it’s kind of a national emergency situation. How can we justify diverting vaccines (that we have legally bought and paid for) from vulnerable people in the UK when we’d be sending them to countries with nowhere near our rate of deaths?

technical question... I'm pretty that the AZ-EU contract has been published. not so sure about the AZ-UK contractequ?

The full AZ-UK contract has not been published, though certain parts of it are now public knowledge. It's known, for example, that it required AZ to set up UK production facilities rather than import from the US or EU and that its delivery number/dates deadlines didn't have a 'best efforts' clause - X number by X date or penalties would ensue.

There has been some speculation whether the UK contract is with AZ UK and the EU contract is with AZ AB (AZ is an Anglo-Swedish company, so has a UK legal entity and a Swedish legal entity).

I'm not a lawyer, but the lawyer types seem to think that it's possible AZ AB could sign a 'no conflicting obligations' contract simply because the AB legal entity (EU) didn't have any- it was their UK partner who had the legal obligations under UK law. That would suggest that AZ saw the two contracts as being as different legally as AZ's contract to set up vaccine manufacture and supply in India, Mexico et al.

The EU, otoh, seems to have seen the UK plants as available to supply them (there's a line in the EU contract that 'EU includes UK').
Post by Arol   » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

Rest in peace “Captain” Tom! :(
Last year when the Corona virus was starting to make an impact on Great Britain a contrarian in a wheelchair wanted to do his bit.
That he succeeded can only be described as an understatement!
https://www.dw.com/en/britains-captain- ... a-56433516

Return to Politics