Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests

Covid News

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Covid News
Post by Arol   » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Arol
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

It seems like Covid has given nutcases and anarchists a new reason to go on a rampage! While most of the world is hunkering down awaiting their turn to be vaccinated, these batshit idiots are protesting the restrictions in force to try to combat the virus. :x
In The Netherlands (Holland) it’s come to expression in arson, smashed hospitals and test centers and looted stores! :evil:
Here in Denmark, it was a protest march arranged by a group calling themselves Men in Black with about 600-700 people taking part. Most of the protesters were peaceful, but when the march reached its conclusion and the peaceful element had the departed, the 100 odd freaks took over and started a small riot, tossing bottles and rocks at the police and smashing store windows. But here it’s at least gotten all the political parties: spanning the entire political spectrum, to for once agree in condemning the event.
It was something to see and hear the extreme right and left get together and agreeing on something! :roll:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/covi ... s-n1255631
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:37 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5970
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Arol wrote:It seems like Covid has given nutcases and anarchists a new reason to go on a rampage! While most of the world is hunkering down awaiting their turn to be vaccinated, these batshit idiots are protesting the restrictions in force to try to combat the virus. :x
In The Netherlands (Holland) it’s come to expression in arson, smashed hospitals and test centers and looted stores! :evil:
Here in Denmark, it was a protest march arranged by a group calling themselves Men in Black with about 600-700 people taking part. Most of the protesters were peaceful, but when the march reached its conclusion and the peaceful element had the departed, the 100 odd freaks took over and started a small riot, tossing bottles and rocks at the police and smashing store windows. But here it’s at least gotten all the political parties: spanning the entire political spectrum, to for once agree in condemning the event.
It was something to see and hear the extreme right and left get together and agreeing on something! :roll:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/covi ... s-n1255631


I don't wish Denmark or anyone else ill...But It's nice to know that nuttiness isn't limited to stateside... Hope you do better with your nuts than we do...

Just got modera shot no. 1 today... No side effects yet. 28 days to no 2.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Bear Flag Republic

Fortune Cookie Philosophy: You speak of democracy. A plague is most democratic, striking high-born and low without regard to their station or talent.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:38 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5970
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

Senior Chief wrote:Fortune Cookie Philosophy: You speak of democracy. A plague is most democratic, striking high-born and low without regard to their station or talent.


The high born are more likely to be able to be able to afford the expensive cocktails than the low born...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:15 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

n7axw wrote:
Senior Chief wrote:Fortune Cookie Philosophy: You speak of democracy. A plague is most democratic, striking high-born and low without regard to their station or talent.


The high born are more likely to be able to be able to afford the expensive cocktails than the low born...

Don

-

The only time a plague was democratic where when people didn't understand how sickness, infection and plagues work.

These days, a pandemic will show you how undemocratic society is. I've yet to see a "highborn" being evicted because they couldn't pay the rent, or die because they couldn't afford health-care.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:19 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2747
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Senior Chief wrote:Fortune Cookie Philosophy: You speak of democracy. A plague is most democratic, striking high-born and low without regard to their station or talent.


Except the "high born" can afford to stay home and isolated and safe, while they force the "low born" to either perform the jobs they need done and expose themselves in the process, or lose the income they need to remain clothed, fed, and sheltered...

So... not really. No.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by n7axw   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:12 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5970
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

gcomeau wrote:
Senior Chief wrote:Fortune Cookie Philosophy: You speak of democracy. A plague is most democratic, striking high-born and low without regard to their station or talent.


Except the "high born" can afford to stay home and isolated and safe, while they force the "low born" to either perform the jobs they need done and expose themselves in the process, or lose the income they need to remain clothed, fed, and sheltered...

So... not really. No.


A bit unrelated, but I hear that Mike Pence is "homeless" these days. I would think that his pension would enable him to afford a cheap mobile home, don't you think? :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by Arol   » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:26 pm

Arol
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

n7axw wrote:
Arol wrote:It seems like Covid has given nutcases and anarchists a new reason to go on a rampage! While most of the world is hunkering down awaiting their turn to be vaccinated, these batshit idiots are protesting the restrictions in force to try to combat the virus. :x
In The Netherlands (Holland) it’s come to expression in arson, smashed hospitals and test centers and looted stores! :evil:
Here in Denmark, it was a protest march arranged by a group calling themselves Men in Black with about 600-700 people taking part. Most of the protesters were peaceful, but when the march reached its conclusion and the peaceful element had the departed, the 100 odd freaks took over and started a small riot, tossing bottles and rocks at the police and smashing store windows. But here it’s at least gotten all the political parties: spanning the entire political spectrum, to for once agree in condemning the event.
It was something to see and hear the extreme right and left get together and agreeing on something! :roll:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/covi ... s-n1255631


I don't wish Denmark or anyone else ill...But It's nice to know that nuttiness isn't limited to stateside... Hope you do better with your nuts than we do...

Just got modera shot no. 1 today... No side effects yet. 28 days to no 2.

Don

-

Well at least the loons; in both cases, weren’t being actively stirred up by a Head of State acting as a Chief Loon!
Good to hear that you; and I assume your good lady wife, have received your first inoculation. :)
My cousin being a bit older then myself also got his; I think it was Pfizer, last week, he said that he felt a bit feverish and lethargic for a few days after, but is fine now.
My age group; same age as yourself, was due to inoculated Mid-February. But apparently there have been problems in vaccine deliveries. Pfizer’s explanation is that they are optimizing their production lines, but are promising that they will make up the short-fall later. Sounds like the kind of excuses one would get from a dead-beat, “I can’t pay you now, but I will pay you more later!!!” :P As for AstraZeneca they are citing production difficulties in their plant in Belgium. The EU commissioners are demanding that they make up theirs shortfall from their British plants as the EU has already paid for the goods! Fat chance! With Britain as hard hit as they are, if they did send vaccine out of the country, the lynch mobs would be out in force.
Have a feeling that this is just the beginning of a scramble for available vaccines. Could get ugly everywhere.
Anyway stay safe and well!
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by Bluesqueak   » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:39 pm

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Arol wrote:
Well at least the loons; in both cases, weren’t being actively stirred up by a Head of State acting as a Chief Loon!
Good to hear that you; and I assume your good lady wife, have received your first inoculation. :)
My cousin being a bit older then myself also got his; I think it was Pfizer, last week, he said that he felt a bit feverish and lethargic for a few days after, but is fine now.
My age group; same age as yourself, was due to inoculated Mid-February. But apparently there have been problems in vaccine deliveries. Pfizer’s explanation is that they are optimizing their production lines, but are promising that they will make up the short-fall later. Sounds like the kind of excuses one would get from a dead-beat, “I can’t pay you now, but I will pay you more later!!!” :P As for AstraZeneca they are citing production difficulties in their plant in Belgium. The EU commissioners are demanding that they make up theirs shortfall from their British plants as the EU has already paid for the goods! Fat chance! With Britain as hard hit as they are, if they did send vaccine out of the country, the lynch mobs would be out in force.
Have a feeling that this is just the beginning of a scramble for available vaccines. Could get ugly everywhere.
Anyway stay safe and well!


Not much chance, no. The UK has paid for 100 million AZ vaccines upfront in a binding agreement that predates the EU one by several months. While AstraZeneca can use the UK plants to supply other countries, the UK contract specifically states that this is only after that first 100 million. Plus, as you say, it’s kind of a national emergency situation. How can we justify diverting vaccines (that we have legally bought and paid for) from vulnerable people in the UK when we’d be sending them to countries with nowhere near our rate of deaths?


The production problems happened here too, but we set the AZ UK plants up earlier than the ones in the EU, so they got ironed out earlier here. We are affected by the Pfizer delay, though. And we won’t see a vial of Moderna until April, apparently.

Everyone is trying frantically to produce a vaccine that didn’t exist last year with factories that sometimes didn’t exist either (or didn’t produce vaccines). There are going to be problems.
Top
Re: Covid News
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:57 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5970
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

I was surprised that we got it as soon as we did. This is a little backwater of about 450 people. Sue had an appointment with Dr in Sioux Falls and he made a comment that rural communities were actually progressing faster than urban ones here in SD. Fewer people easier to deal with I guess.

Otherwise it is an enormous relief to have normal, capable grownups back in control with their hand on the levers of power. I have been sleeping better knowing that we have relatively honest man who is trying to the right thing sitting in the Oval Office. Hopefully it will make a world of difference.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top

Return to Politics