Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

So... now that Trump is removed...

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
So... now that Trump is removed...
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

How does the United States deal with the fact that it only has two political parties (that matter) and one of them just very clearly demonstrated that they might not all jump in to participate in a coup... but the majority of them would happily go along with one as long as it was their side committing it?

This is a problem that isn't going away just because Trump got beat this time around, and one side of a two party system deciding they aren't really interested in democracy anymore unless they're winning with it isn't an easy fix.
Re: So... now that Trump is removed...
Post by cthia   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

We can wholeheartedly battle Covid-19.

I don't have to leave the country because our president is insane, unpredictable, childish and stupid.

The idiot no longer has his finger on the f****** button!

The lawsuits can begin now that he can't hide inside the WH.

We can heal the country.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:47 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Just reflecting on geomeau's post, here are some thoughts...

1.Call out the lies and find way of getting refutation to lies in places where Republicans can see it. In short get rid of echo chambers that have permitted folk to embrace what they feel most comfortable with no matter how false the narative.

2.Out hustle the right at the polls to the point where their shrinking base forces them to open up or go extinct. Present good candidates and ideas to improve peoples lives.

3.Pressure social media platforms and corporations not to give platforms for extremism. Cutting off the money flow would provide a significant contribution toward solving problem...

4.Pass and implement electoral reform that deals with voter suppression and other electoral abuses. Deal with Jerymandering. Some of this stuff will have to be dealt with on state rather than federal level.

I think there are some signs of hope. There are some signs that the Trump effect is going to fade. There are Republicans out there who don't like the undemocratic effect any more than any Democrat. The party could well splinter which would thrust them into the wilderness for a long time. Hopefully that would force them to seriously deal with their issues if they are going to compete.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

And not a word on this site about the continuing riots in Portland and Seattle.... SSDD
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:46 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:And not a word on this site about the continuing riots in Portland and Seattle.... SSDD

I'm a fan of how certain rioters chose to attack the original Starbucks store. I guess that they either saw it as a locus of predatory capitalism or thought that it was charging too much for its hot drinks.
And the sign that the Antifa (or Antifa-aligned) protesters held up stating that they didn't want Biden, they just wanted revenge...

Yet none this has shown up in the mainstream news on this side of the pond.
Odd that...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:And not a word on this site about the continuing riots in Portland and Seattle.... SSDD

You do get that some random anarchists vandalizing some buildings and an attempted coup against the democratically elected incoming government of the United States, incited by the dictator loving outgoing president are two events on very different scales of newsworthiness... right???
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:46 am

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:

You do get that some random anarchists vandalizing some buildings and an attempted coup against the democratically elected incoming government of the United States, incited by the dictator loving outgoing president are two events on very different scales of newsworthiness... right???

It's funny that some call it a riot when it was about 150 people vandalizing the Democrat HQ among other things. This particular news has been doing the rounds on right-wing forums, where it have been amplified to mean it's an attack on democracy on the same level as the attack on Capitolium as some kind of justification for the latter, but also as a "gotcha" argument.

Riots and vandalization of property is never okay, but the sheer dishonesty in trying to equate that with documented sedition, insurrection and (attempted) violence against duly elected officials is mindboggling.

Further, context matters. If you refuse to look at the context of an act and it's underlying causes and don't do something about it, the same type of events will happen again and again.

And I find it fascinating, Senior Chief, that you haven't really said a word about the Capitolium-attack or a condemnation of it, instead you complain that we don't talk about a group of vandals.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:52 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Senior Chief frightens me as a reminder of the pigheaded stubbornness of Trumpers who seem to be fully prepared to go down with the sinking ship. I wonder if he would still feel that way if he had been amongst the many unpatriotic idiot Sons-o-Breachers who stormed the Capitol as well. And then finding out that the ignoramus who egged them on to commit federal offenses simply to stoke his own ego, abandoned them in the pardon lane amidst their many pleas for help.

"Why oh why Dictator Trump has thou forsaken us?"

Because he never gave a shit about anyone or anything - let alone the country or democracy - except his own agenda.

The last lie he told directly to his brainwashed followers was that be wasn't going to allow them to be disrespected. Imprisoned, but not disrespected?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Arol   » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Senior Chief frightens me as a reminder of the pigheaded stubbornness of Trumpers who seem to be fully prepared to go down with the sinking ship. I wonder if he would still feel that way if he had been amongst the many unpatriotic idiot Sons-o-Breachers who stormed the Capitol as well. And then finding out that the ignoramus who egged them on to commit federal offenses simply to stoke his own ego, abandoned them in the pardon lane amidst their many pleas for help.

"Why oh why Dictator Trump has thou forsaken us?"

Because he never gave a shit about anyone or anything - let alone the country or democracy - except his own agenda.

The last lie he told directly to his brainwashed followers was that be wasn't going to allow them to be disrespected. Imprisoned, but not disrespected?

It is curious isn’t it! :?:
How some people are so selectively blinded by a small campfire, that they ignore the massive forest fire?
It may have to do that they spent so much time worshipping at the foot of their Great Bronze idol, that their senses have become so dulled by the reek of shit emanating from its feet! :roll:
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I see that a bipartisan group in the Senate is working on a motion to censure Trump and bar him from office since we're never going to get the votes to convict him on the impeachment trial.

I think that would be satisfactory. The important thing would be to bar him from ever running for federal office ever again.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics