Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Post election musings

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Post election musings
Post by n7axw   » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:35 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

More musing...

Mr. Trump is on his way out even as his relevance becomes less. But he still has vast power to create destructive chaos. Witness his latest act... He threatened to veto covid relief bill because it didn't include $2000 checks. Pelosi called his bluff saying that the House could pass a modified bill with that in it as early as Thurs.

But Pelosi wasn't Trump's target. He is miffed because McConnell recognized Biden as President-elect. It's his vindictive, spiteful way of telling McConnell, "You can't ignore me quite yet... I don't really give a rat's arse if you keep those senators in Georgia or control of the Senate.. In fact, the only part of the Republican Party I'm interested in are those loyal to me... The rest of you can go to h*ll..." The consequence of losing the rest of the relief package is completely beyond his concern.

《Sigh》 It is going to be a l-o-o-n-g time to Jan 20th...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Seems Christmas is early, given how Trump is handing out pardons to political allies like candy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:05 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Covid relief bill has been signed averting worst conseqences, but its tardy signing leaves a two week hole in benefits for those who needed it worst...

What I can't figure out is why Trump finally caved. He got virtually nothing of what he was asking for... Anybody else have ideas about this?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

The theory that has made the most sense to me is that there is effectively a battle for control of the Republican party between McConnell and Trump and McConnell won this round.

This video discusses it from that perspective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZm-5ZKcaZc.

n7axw wrote:Covid relief bill has been signed averting worst conseqences, but its tardy signing leaves a two week hole in benefits for those who needed it worst...

What I can't figure out is why Trump finally caved. He got virtually nothing of what he was asking for... Anybody else have ideas about this?

Don

-
Post by Arol   » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Arol
Captain of the List

n7axw wrote:Covid relief bill has been signed averting worst conseqences, but its tardy signing leaves a two week hole in benefits for those who needed it worst...

Don -

Can it simply be that the B.O.M. is simply giving the G.O.P. establishment a final finger? With the bill to increase the benefits to 2 Grand coming up for a vote, he’s got them caught between the rock and the hard place! :?
As for the Dems, they must be splitting their seams?
Who’s the looser? Well for one, the millions of Americans who are in for further uncertainty and hardship in the coming weeks, simply because the B.O.M. needed his ego stroked. :twisted:
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Can you believe the bullshit coming out of Mitch's ass. McConnell is basing the need of millions of hurting Americans for a $2000 stimulus check on repealing Section 230 and enacting Trump's demand to establish an office to investigate voter fraud.

Am I the only one to see that that is simply BRIBERY and EXTORTION! ?

Either McConnell agrees the American people are in need or he doesn't. But of course, his concerns are the National Debt. :roll: But yet, his party was privy to big businesses, who didn't need it, getting the lion's share of the first Relief funds.

/ KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO / NEWS / NATIONAL
Strip Club Owner Gets $5.4M in Small Business COVID-19 Relief
Strip Club (GETTY)
Photo credit Getty
By CBS News KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO

July 2, 2020 3:39 pm

The owner of one of the largest chains of strip clubs in the country, Rick's Cabaret, as well as a chain of military-themed sports bars called Bombshells, got $5.4 million from the government's small business coronavirus relief fund.

The loan is notable for its size: It's roughly 54 times the average loan made through the small business aid program. It's also notable for this: Strip clubs were specifically barred from the Paycheck Protection Program.

RCI Hospitality, the owner of Rick's, received funding from the Paycheck program in early May, according to its quarterly financial statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

That wholeass should sleep well at night.

Poor hurting Americans are toyed with by McConnell who is as heartless, brainless and insensitive as mud.

Incompetent and criminal.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I enjoyed Obama's funny final White House speech: Obama Out.

What will Donald Trump's final speech be: "I just now pushed the button." ?

All of America is waiting with baited breath. Because four years ago America swallowed the bait . . .

Hook, Crook, Lying & Stinker

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

And to think a lot of people dismissed Mary Trump's warning that Donald Trump is dangerous to the country and that things were going to get worse.

Also, do consider that Trump was very vocal about NFL players kneeling in support for Black Lives Matter were being disrespectful to the country. I suppose inciting insurrection against the country isn't.

And why, oh why, do we not LOCK HIS ASS UP! Hilary should be dancing a jig. In my impeachment thread, I stated that the idiot would end up stepping on a land mine.

Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:23 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Ya gotta be wondering if the idiot is conscious enough to be muttering to himself... "I really fucked up BIG time this time."

Altogether now . . .

LOCK HIM UP!

Post by Senior Chief   » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:12 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

I believe it was Simon Cameron that stated, ”An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought.” Which to me pretty much describes the whole of the democratic party and all the rhino’s and every elected official in Washington DC and in all the state capitals. IMHO To me the last really honest president we have had was President Truman. I am neither registered as either a D or R despising both groups who divide the country with hostile comments and hypocrisy.

Return to Politics