Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Promising early vaccine data from Pfizer.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Promising early vaccine data from Pfizer.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:25 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/p ... index.html

Drugmaker Pfizer said Monday an early look at data from its coronavirus vaccine shows it is more than 90% effective -- a much better than expected efficacy if the trend continues.

The so-called interim analysis looked at the first 94 confirmed cases of Covid-19 among the more than 43,000 volunteers who got either two doses of the vaccine or a placebo. It found that fewer than 10% of infections were in participants who had been given the vaccine. More than 90% of the cases were in people who had been given a placebo.

And then of course Pence climbed out of whatever hole he's been hiding in since the election to try to give Trump credit for it:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1 ... 21667?s=19

HUGE NEWS: Thanks to the public-private partnership forged by President @realDonaldTrump, @pfizer announced its Coronavirus Vaccine trial is EFFECTIVE, preventing infection in 90% of its volunteers.

Resulting in Pfizer having to call out the lie:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 19698.html

Dr Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s head of vaccine development, told the New York Times: “We were never part of the Warp Speed ... We have never taken any money from the US government, or from anyone.”

The *only* sense in which they have anything to do with the administration is the government will buy the vaccine from them if it works.
Re: Promising early vaccine data from Pfizer.
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:42 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

what's the betting that Trump will start to claim the date of the announcement was some deep state plot to make sure that he was not re-elected on a tide of relief - that it was deliberately delayed!
Post by Annachie   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

isaac_newton wrote:what's the betting that Trump will start to claim the date of the announcement was some deep state plot to make sure that he was not re-elected on a tide of relief - that it was deliberately delayed!

Literally 5 or 6 hours before you asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by n7axw   » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:24 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:what's the betting that Trump will start to claim the date of the announcement was some deep state plot to make sure that he was not re-elected on a tide of relief - that it was deliberately delayed!

They will probably need straight jackets to remove him on Jan. 20...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:47 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

[/quote]

Don

-[/quote]
Under some scenarios Nancy would be the temporary President. I imagine the sight of a gallows being built in the Rose Garden might focus his mind somewhat?
Post by n7axw   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:

Don

-[/quote]
Under some scenarios Nancy would be the temporary President. I imagine the sight of a gallows being built in the Rose Garden might focus his mind somewhat?[/quote]

Oooh, that is deliciously nasty... :twisted: I was willing to settle for a padded cell...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:34 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:

Haha - I'm always a bit behind the times :-)

A sort of inverse prophet...
Post by Senior Chief   » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

gcomeau wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effective/index.html

Drugmaker Pfizer said Monday an early look at data from its coronavirus vaccine shows it is more than 90% effective -- a much better than expected efficacy if the trend continues.

The so-called interim analysis looked at the first 94 confirmed cases of Covid-19 among the more than 43,000 volunteers who got either two doses of the vaccine or a placebo. It found that fewer than 10% of infections were in participants who had been given the vaccine. More than 90% of the cases were in people who had been given a placebo.

And then of course Pence climbed out of whatever hole he's been hiding in since the election to try to give Trump credit for it:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1 ... 21667?s=19

HUGE NEWS: Thanks to the public-private partnership forged by President @realDonaldTrump, @pfizer announced its Coronavirus Vaccine trial is EFFECTIVE, preventing infection in 90% of its volunteers.

Resulting in Pfizer having to call out the lie:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 19698.html

Dr Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s head of vaccine development, told the New York Times: “We were never part of the Warp Speed ... We have never taken any money from the US government, or from anyone.”

The *only* sense in which they have anything to do with the administration is the government will buy the vaccine from them if it works.

So this last Tuesday; 2/9/2021 the SWMBO and I are receiving our Pfizer-Biontech Covid-19 vaccine complements of the USN. As twenty of us are sitting in the banquet room of the Adm Kidd Club here in San Diego, I am reading the pamphlet the civilian nurse handed out. It states …”vaccine may prevent you from getting Covid-19. There is no FDA approved vaccine to prevent Covid-19”. Ok I knew that so why am I here, answer because the SWMBO said so. Heavy sigh. I read further… “Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent Covid-19” Reading further on page two is the list of ingredients and one of the dozen or so ingredients is POTASSIUM. Hmmm my mind flashes to John Ringo’s “Black Tide Rising” series and then I hear the nurse still giving her dog and pony show lecture about the length of time to make an effective vaccine, yadda yadda. Turning to the LT who is in charge of all the Navy Corpsman giving the shots I asked him, “Why don’t just use spinal cords from (deceased) infected humans, drop in a blender, eradicated properly; instant vaccine with a booster.” The LT and a HM3 bust out laughing as did I, the nurse and the SWMBO giving us the evil eye for the interruption. Other people waiting listened to the reason for our laughing and dozen smart phones and tablets are looking up John Ringo’s book series. How to create a bigger fan base.

Bringing a little humor which is needed...
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Senior Chief wrote:[
So this last Tuesday; 2/9/2021 the SWMBO and I are receiving our Pfizer-Biontech Covid-19 vaccine complements of the USN. As twenty of us are sitting in the banquet room of the Adm Kidd Club here in San Diego, I am reading the pamphlet the civilian nurse handed out. It states …”vaccine may prevent you from getting Covid-19. There is no FDA approved vaccine to prevent Covid-19”. Ok I knew that so why am I here, answer because the SWMBO said so. Heavy sigh. I read further… “Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent Covid-19” Reading further on page two is the list of ingredients and one of the dozen or so ingredients is POTASSIUM. Hmmm my mind flashes to John Ringo’s “Black Tide Rising” series and then I hear the nurse still giving her dog and pony show lecture about the length of time to make an effective vaccine, yadda yadda. Turning to the LT who is in charge of all the Navy Corpsman giving the shots I asked him, “Why don’t just use spinal cords from (deceased) infected humans, drop in a blender, eradicated properly; instant vaccine with a booster.” The LT and a HM3 bust out laughing as did I, the nurse and the SWMBO giving us the evil eye for the interruption. Other people waiting listened to the reason for our laughing and dozen smart phones and tablets are looking up John Ringo’s book series. How to create a bigger fan base.

Bringing a little humor which is needed...

The SWMBO and I got are second dose on Tuesday. So far not growing horns.

On a side note this sub-forum sure is dead since your favorite whipping boy is out of office. No posts since Feb 17th which sort of proves my un-voiced point. Cheers.
Post by The E   » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:21 am

The E
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:On a side note this sub-forum sure is dead since your favorite whipping boy is out of office. No posts since Feb 17th which sort of proves my un-voiced point. Cheers.

I mean, we could talk at length about the GOP blowing its nazi dogwhistles so hard even humans can hear them, but why would we?

It's not like it's news, really.

Return to Politics